Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    V mentioned on reddit that he's hoping for his Detective run to last in the range of 24-30 issues.
    Oh really we have to put up with it that long that’s depressing. Oh well at least the art is good. And the back up story is more interesting.

The Batman title is far better written at the moment so at least it’s just one of the main Bat titles that’s a lemon.
    Last edited by Top Hat; 08-30-2022 at 01:20 PM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    V mentioned on reddit that he's hoping for his Detective run to last in the range of 24-30 issues.
    Fantastic news. The run will get room to breathe.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Fantastic news. The run will get room to breathe.
    Hopefully it's not just 4-5 6 part "epics". I miss one and done stories or contained two or three parters.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Hopefully it's not just 4-5 6 part "epics". I miss one and done stories or contained two or three parters.
    I wholeheartedly agree. Morrison, for example, I thought did a good job of mixing up the length of stories like that (mixing in one-and-dones and 2-3 parters). Dini did that well IIRC, etc.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree. Morrison, for example, I thought did a good job of mixing up the length of stories like that (mixing in one-and-dones and 2-3 parters). Dini did that well IIRC, etc.
    Dini's run on 'tec is definitely what I was thinking, but yeah Morrison did it really well too.

The giant stories everyone seems to love writing lately just kill me. Not only do I get fatigued by everything being "the biggest thing yet!" but at the end of the year if all I got was one or one and a half new Batman stories I don't feel like I'm getting a lot of bang for my buck.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    . . . The giant stories everyone seems to love writing lately just kill me. Not only do I get fatigued by everything being "the biggest thing yet!" but at the end of the year if all I got was one or one and a half new Batman stories I don't feel like I'm getting a lot of bang for my buck.
    But I guess those "giant stories" are more trade-collection friendly, which is probably something the bean counters prefer.

Then again, during the New52, Snyder's Batman occasionally had 1-2 issue stories, and then those got bunched together in a separate collected edition.

It's all about dem trades...

Maybe it has something to do with how popular the run is? If nobody is buying it then maybe it is safer to do 6 issues long arcs because then at least some people will buy it in order to complete the story.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But I guess those "giant stories" are more trade-collection friendly, which is probably something the bean counters prefer.

Then again, during the New52, Snyder's Batman occasionally had 1-2 issue stories, and then those got bunched together in a separate collected edition.
    I've never really understood that, especially as the best selling trades for books like Hellboy are the collections of smaller stories.

I don't think people would shy away from Batman: The Riddle at Night, Shadows and others. or a title like that.

The art looks fantastic .

Extraordinary Member

Detective Comics #1064 Preview
    Writer: Ram V
    Artist: Rafael Albuquerque
    Backup Writer: Si Spurrier
    Backup Artist: Dani

Damian looks a little older than he should there. I guess it depends on when that's set.

Incredible Member

1064 was better as the story actually got some focus at last.

It is weird when characters have long relationship and only now decide to mention some old legend they always knew and were relevant to their relationship.