Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Comics would benefit a lot from shorter arcs in my opinion.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    That's not how land laws work in the US. THAT'S NOT HOW LAND LAWS WORK.

The original charter has no standing. None. Squatters rights will take legal precedent over some foriegn national claiming they have rights to the land. Native American rights will supersede any claim that foriegn nationals can claim.

Come on DC! Do some basic research.
    As far as Arkham, the villains more or less admitted the law wasn't on their side.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    As far as Arkham, the villains more or less admitted the law wasn't on their side.
    Yeah, I felt that was addressed pretty well on page, they knew their claim wouldn't hold up which was why they were paying him well not to challenge it. I mean, they'd have to then pay everyone else who would raise a question about them suddenly taking ownership out of the blue in real life which is a lot of bribes...but this is a comic so bribing one guy to cover this up isn't that big of a stretch.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I'm okay with that.

I mean, it can be justified; stories like Long Halloween and Hush are more but because they're big, bombastic stories with all kinds of cameos each issue feels worth it. Similarly, some events justify a larger page count because of the scope of their story...but this doesn't feel like either of those types of stories. It just feels like a standard story that they're needlessly stretching out and one that could easily be condensed.
    think I like Ram V much more than Zdarsky for this very reason
    It's progressing slowly but it's not bombasitc and much more humane and deep than juc
    St fan service. The last panels were really good for Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I'm not saying the story is bad but it really feels like a very writing for trade kind of book.

The story is progressing so slowly I'm honestly not sure whats happening, the progression is very vague.
    Most stories are written with trades in mind now a days.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Incredible Member

Best issue of this story so far. I feel the current story really suffered from the ponderous and almost pretentious buildup. They could have collapsed the story into at least one less issue than they used with nothing lost.

Masterclass, both of them. Ram V & Albuquerque.

The best thing DC has going right now, and that's saying a lot when they're up against Chip Zdarsky, who is doing an incredible job on Batman!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    think I like Ram V much more than Zdarsky for this very reason
    It's progressing slowly but it's not bombasitc and much more humane and deep than juc
    St fan service. The last panels were really good for Gordon

Latest issue of Tec was excellent! Ram V had me a bit confused as to where he was going with this.
    But seeing Gordon show up , really made it for me ! Never expected to see Gordon again this soon.
    He's now basically admitting that he knows who Batman is , which is cool ��
    The back up obviously is about Harvey/Two Face , but not really a fan of the art .
    Would prefer that story told within the main story , and just have a 30 page book to read .
    Lately I find that the 30 page stories have more meat to them on average.
    Also enjoying the main Batman title as well , also wish that it was 30 pages too.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Comics would benefit a lot from shorter arcs in my opinion.
    Totally agree. They write with too much of an eye on the trade versions of the story. This story has already featured way too much padding.

Extraordinary Member

Detective Comics #1066 Preview
    Writer: Ram V
    Artist: Ivan Reis
    Backup Writer: Si Spurrier
    Backup Artist: Hayden Sherman

I am really looking forward to the next issue. The last issue just pulled me in.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Jim Gordon busting his back trying to claim he doesn't know Batman's identity .

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Detective Comics #1066 Preview
    Artist: Ivan Reis
    Backup Writer: Si Spurrier
    Backup Artist: Hayden Sherman

Such an incredibly well written and drawn series. Less then a week away, getting super excited.

I'm liking the kid Gordon found in the backups. I'm hoping he sticks around after this run ends.

Extraordinary Member

Detective Comics 2022 Annual #1 Preview
    Artists: Christopher Mitten & Rafael Albuquerque with Hayden Sherman