Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Hoping for some good Mr. Freeze content .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hoping for some good Mr. Freeze content .
    I was listening to an interview with Ram V, and he stated that Mr. Freeze was his favourite bat villain.....so it should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    I was listening to an interview with Ram V, and he stated that Mr. Freeze was his favourite bat villain.....so it should be good.
    That's high praise! Not sure if he can fix the Nora issue as it is now...

What interview? I’d like to listen.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Having read the latest issue the pacing on this still feels very off. It has the feel of a story that’s been stretched out so it will make a good few volumes in collected edition. And I am sure we’ve seen other villains in recent times with the exact same aims as this lot.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    In Elseworld tales I take period proxies to be part of the bit so it's never bothered me...but Bruce being predestined to become Batman because of an evil magical artifact and the interference of what appeared to be the Phantom Stranger just makes it all feel too cheap.

Again, if this were an elseworld even that last but might be bearable but part of a larger narrative? No thanks.
    Who do you think was Phantom Stranger in this issue? If the guy who gave the Batman costume then I think it was supposed to be Bruce from Morrison's Return of the Bruce Wayne.

Absolute masterclass writing by Ram V again. Enjoying every minute of his DC run.

Incredible Member

Absolute masterclass writing by Ram V again. Enjoying every minute of his DC run.

I too am enjoying this writing by Ram V a lot . Only thing that I would like is for each issue to be 28-30 pages and no back ups .
    But I understand that to keep the art consistent , it can't be done.
    Last year especially , I found myself enjoying longer stories with longer page counts . Nice House on the Lake was an example of that .

Incredible Member

I am glad people are enjoying this title but the writing is doing nothing for me. The only thing I can say positive about this storyline is it has improved from bad writing to now reaching the level of average.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    I am glad people are enjoying this title but the writing is doing nothing for me. The only thing I can say positive about this storyline is it has improved from bad writing to now reaching the level of average.
    I have caught up to in in scans, and I have to disagree. Aside from Waid on World's Finest, this is the only title starring Bruce in the deluge of Bat-content that DC craps out to really catch my attention and hold my interest in a while. The gothic atmosphere, building off of a great 90s arc and the use of the classic rogues is all my jam.

The decompression for the trade is annoying, but that's industry wide.

Incredible Member

Yeah, I've enjoyed everything from this run, except maybe the annual.

I don't even think the decompression is that bad, the atmosphere more than makes up for it.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Who do you think was Phantom Stranger in this issue? If the guy who gave the Batman costume then I think it was supposed to be Bruce from Morrison's Return of the Bruce Wayne.
    The blue hat and high collar made me think the Phantom Stranger, but with the name Mordecai I suppose it could be the Puritan Bruce Wayne from Return of Bruce Wayne...which makes it worse.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I have caught up to in in scans, and I have to disagree. Aside from Waid on World's Finest, this is the only title starring Bruce in the deluge of Bat-content that DC craps out to really catch my attention and hold my interest in a while. The gothic atmosphere, building off of a great 90s arc and the use of the classic rogues is all my jam.

The decompression for the trade is annoying, but that's industry wide.
    Yeah this book is definitely the best Batman book right now. Really like how both V and Albuquerque is handling Two Face with his demons. Not just writing monologues.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    The blue hat and high collar made me think the Phantom Stranger, but with the name Mordecai I suppose it could be the Puritan Bruce Wayne from Return of Bruce Wayne...which makes it worse.
    There is really no way to make it good, just warying degrees of bad.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    There is really no way to make it good, just warying degrees of bad.
    I don't like it being his "fate" to be Batman but if it was tying into a more cosmic character like the Stranger would have been better than yet another version of himself reinforcing the fate.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!