Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Recommended listen while reading a Batman gothic opera

Incredible Member

I'm glad to see Tali will be playing a big role.

I am curious, though, as to how long this has been in the works. The Gotham Girl back-up story starting this month in 'Tec was stated to be leading into/effecting 'Tec throughout the rest of the year. I wonder if that's part of Ram's plans, or if that was something left over from Tamaki.

So the two Batman books will be dope this summer/fall/winter..stoked!!!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

While I was...we will say less than impressed with Tamaki's She-Hulk run and her Wonder Woman run, I have really enjoyed her Detective run and would have liked her to stick around longer as she does seem to do unpowered heroes better than the super powered. However, I aint gonna hate on Ram V and Albuquerque on the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    I'm glad to see Tali will be playing a big role.

I am curious, though, as to how long this has been in the works. The Gotham Girl back-up story starting this month in 'Tec was stated to be leading into/effecting 'Tec throughout the rest of the year. I wonder if that's part of Ram's plans, or if that was something left over from Tamaki.
    Well, it was written by a separate writer (Sina Grace) so I'd have to assume he at least had some idea of what was in the pipeline depending on how early this transition was planned.

Astonishing Member

Don't remember reading Ram V before. Rafael Albuquerque on art, great. One of my favourite artists. Premise sounds interesting. Batman fortunes are looking up with Chip Zdarsky/Jorge Jiménez on Batman and this creative team. There was only a few things I liked Batman related from DC Rebirth:

The Button.
    Batman Annual #2 - Some of These Days.
    Batman Annual #3 - Father's Day.
    Batman Annual #4 - Everyday.
    Super Sons.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Really disappointed that Tamaki is leaving, I've been thoroughly enjoying Detective Comics since they came aboard and was hoping to see what the future would bring. It feels like Tamaki has just finished setting the table for the run ahead and now it's over.

Personally, I find these short runs to be unfulfilling.

The new team does sound interesting, though I haven't seen anything from Ram V that warrants the level of excitement people seem to have for their work. Rafael Albuquerque on American Vampire was just fantastic.

Also, this first arc sounds pretentious as hell.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Really disappointed that Tamaki is leaving, I've been thoroughly enjoying Detective Comics since they came aboard and was hoping to see what the future would bring. It feels like Tamaki has just finished setting the table for the run ahead and now it's over.

Personally, I find these short runs to be unfulfilling.

The new team does sound interesting, though I haven't seen anything from Ram V that warrants the level of excitement people seem to have for their work. Rafael Albuquerque on American Vampire was just fantastic.

Also, this first arc sounds pretentious as hell.
    I hope we get a longer tenure here, but I feel like Dark Crisis may cut both this and Zdarsky short.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope we get a longer tenure here, but I feel like Dark Crisis may cut both this and Zdarsky short.
    I don't know about Ram, but Zdarsky has said he plans to be on Batman for a while, and based on Twitter interactions, it seems like he and Williamson have spoken, so he likely knows/has planned for Dark Crisis.

Although they may try to do some creative shake-ups post-Dark Crisis, I could see Zdarsky staying on like Tynion on Batman post-Death Metal.

Incredible Member

Zadarsky already said he's in the bat book for the long run, and it seems very unlikely that Dark crisis will affect DC's bestselling books.
    I assume the bat books will just stay in the pre-Dark crisis timeline and then catch up with the DCU after Dark crisis will end, and everyone will be back

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    I don't know about Ram, but Zdarsky has said he plans to be on Batman for a while, and based on Twitter interactions, it seems like he and Williamson have spoken, so he likely knows/has planned for Dark Crisis.

Although they may try to do some creative shake-ups post-Dark Crisis, I could see Zdarsky staying on like Tynion on Batman post-Death Metal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Zadarsky already said he's in the bat book for the long run, and it seems very unlikely that Dark crisis will affect DC's bestselling books.
    I assume the bat books will just stay in the pre-Dark crisis timeline and then catch up with the DCU after Dark crisis will end, and everyone will be back
    Hopefully it all works out .

Looking forward to it, I've heard great things about Ram V.

I found Tamaki to be pretty middle of the road, (despite writing a really good Huntress) so I welcome the change.

Look forward to it. That's a solid creative time right thar.

Isn't Ram V also doing an Aquaman book? I don't think I've seen that posted anywhere.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

Isn't Ram V also doing an Aquaman book? I don't think I've seen that posted anywhere.
    It's a Black Label Aquaman book, Aquaman: Andromeda.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

It's a Black Label Aquaman book, Aquaman: Andromeda.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...Christian-Ward