Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I really loved the dueling narration between Harvey and Two Face here, and the fight with the werewolf guy was fun...but like in Batman I'm really disliking the way this story is so stretched out and that it's turning into yet another story where Gotham gets burned to the ground. Why does the city need to be destroyed so often these days?
    Superhero stories are action driven so you need high stakes.

They are blockbuster movies but those work better in a one and done kinda way. Too much of any idea can be stale. Batman is a detective so it would be better giving him mystery boxes to solve.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-27-2023 at 09:22 AM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Superhero stories are action driven so you need high stakes.

They are blockbuster movies but those work better in a one and done kinda way. Too much of any idea can be stale. Batman is a detective so it would be better giving him mystery boxes to solve.
    You can create tension without constantly needing to blow up huge chunks of the city though.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

At this point Gotham probably has more explosions than some war zones.

You can create tension without constantly needing to blow up huge chunks of the city though.
    I know but being commercial means appealing to the highest amount of people. Hence why action movies go very broad.

I'm not saying it's right, just I understand why.

Extraordinary Member

Detective Comics #1069 Preview
    Writer: Ram V
    Artist: Dexter Soy, Stefano Raffaele and Miguel Mendoca
    Backup Writer: Si Spurrier
    Backup Artist: Caspar Wijngaard

Art looks phenomenal.

I guess they've finally resolved that "will Two-Face find out Bruce Wayne is Batman?" subplot.

Question is what do you do after that? Feels like Ram eventually will just have to somehow put it back where it was.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Question is what do you do after that? Feels like Ram eventually will just have to somehow put it back where it was.
    God, I hope not. Taking a page from Tynion, I've been loving the idea that the present day canon for the Batbooks is at a half-way point between the classic era and Batman Beyond. Permanent status quo changes - Alfred's death, Joker and Two-Face knowing Bruce is Batman, etc. help cement that this era is moving the canon forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Timekeeper View Post
    God, I hope not. Taking a page from Tynion, I've been loving the idea that the present day canon for the Batbooks is at a half-way point between the classic era and Batman Beyond. Permanent status quo changes - Alfred's death, Joker and Two-Face knowing Bruce is Batman, etc. help cement that this era is moving the canon forward.
    Has Two-Face known before? I guess maybe he suspected, but...

Although I feel like Harvey knowing is a different beast than Two-Face knowing.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Two-Face can always be hit with amnesia. For Akrham types, they can forget and it be believable enough (within a liberal comics suspension of disbelief) since they're mentally ill individuals who experience all sorts trauma and injury and therapy.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-27-2023 at 11:34 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Two-Face can always be hit with amnesia. For Akrham types, they can forget and it be believable enough (within a liberal comics suspension of disbelief) since they're mentally ill individuals who experience all sorts trauma and injury and therapy.
    Remember when Riddler forgot who Batman was Bruce Wayne ?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Has Two-Face known before? I guess maybe he suspected, but...

Although I feel like Harvey knowing is a different beast than Two-Face knowing.
    he knew in Tomasi's Batman & Robin and I think he knew during the One Year Later time after Infinite Crisis, but in the former he forgot because he shot himself in the head and the latter I don't really know

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Remember when Riddler forgot who Batman was Bruce Wayne ?
    Right, the superhero Shining Knight hit Riddler in the head with a mace in Infinite Crisis #7 and later Dini confirmed that Riddler indeed forgot the secret identity.
    BatmanPenguinOriginTextFIXEDaba2b (2).jpg

I guess . . Mace to the face is helpful with superhero folks.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-28-2023 at 07:54 AM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

We're at part 8 now and we don't seem very near to the ending.

There are still just so many unanswered questions here...when did Ten Eyed Man become a doctor?What do the Orghams want? What is Azmer? What do lay lines have to do with any of this?
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 02-28-2023 at 12:21 PM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

There are still just so many unanswered questions here...What do lay lines have to do with any of this?
    Ley lines seem to have to do with bedrock for creating Lazarus Pits at the very least, and perhaps also Barbatos. And that's according to DC's own blog in 2022:
    "[T]he physician [Ra's] found areas on the planet where global ley lines that direct the flow of magic intersect with one another and where a carefully tested chemical mixture could form a Lazarus Pit. The pit, of course, is named after the biblical figure who rose from the dead, for that is what the pit could do. What Ra’s al Ghul didn’t know is that the bedrock of these pits, these global junctions between Earth’s intersecting ley lines, contain the heavy metal element of Dionesium, sent to Earth millennia ago by the multiversal bat demon Barbatos. In its original meteoric form, it’s what gave Vandal Savage his own immortality."
    https://www.dc.com/blog/2022/11/07/s...-a-lazarus-pit
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-28-2023 at 12:34 PM.