Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

What work by Jones do you have in mind?

It looks promising.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-26-2022 at 01:06 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

We’ve got a new Ram V interview about his detective run including a new piece of art from it featuring nightwing : https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2022/0...era-with-ram-v

I really liked his answer about the differences between
    Talia and Selina.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Agree that this first arc does sound "pretentious", but then again, I'm tired of all the 5-6 part stories designed for collected editions when I just want good Batman stories that don't try to deconstruct and/or reinvent Batman / Bruce Wayne.
    Why can't we just get good Batman stories that show him, y'know, DETECTING?
    I'm going to go ahead and guess that as much as many fans that say they want this, what the suits upstairs really notices is the sales numbers for events and deconstruction/reinvention stories. I mean, as much as the Snyder run seemed to one event after another after another after another, it sold like all get out.

I mean, one of my favorite Detective runs of all time is the Alan Grant/Norm Breyfogle run way back when, but it seems highly unlikely runs like that will become the norm again any time soon since trades do tend to sell better than floppies.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    We’ve got a new Ram V interview about his detective run including a new piece of art from it featuring nightwing : https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2022/0...era-with-ram-v

Talia and Selina.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post

Talia and Selina.
    This was a very informative piece! Especially for Ram V as a person and writer.

It's nice to see someone articulate Talia's feelings for Batman like this.

I'm not sure if I agree with what Ram said there about Selina and Talia, but I guess we will see how he actually develops it in the story.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Edit: I don t even care anymore
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 07-13-2022 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and guess that as much as many fans that say they want this, what the suits upstairs really notices is the sales numbers for events and deconstruction/reinvention stories. I mean, as much as the Snyder run seemed to one event after another after another after another, it sold like all get out.
    The art by Greg Capullo was a bigger draw for me after a while . . .

BANNED

It's awesome that DC are committing a bit to the Selina/Talia/Bruce triangle and it'll run a thorough line through the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    It's awesome that DC are committing a bit to the Selina/Talia/Bruce triangle and it'll run a thorough line through the books.
    And Valmont's off to the side for...reasons .

Spectacular Member TravelerInTheDark's Avatar

I have a hard time believing Bruce would want anything to do with Talia. Paying lip service to certain themes in regards to the characters is nice and all, but these are characters that just fundamentally don't get along at all. Talia is not the same character she was under O'Neil, and she hasn't been for decades at this point. Bruce and Talia are not a couple of star-crossed lovers. Is it some kind of editorially-mandated melodrama?

I mean I'll give the book a shot to change my mind, but I can't say I'm super excited about the angle he seems to be espousing.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelerInTheDark View Post
    I have a hard time believing Bruce would want anything to do with Talia. Paying lip service to certain themes in regards to the characters is nice and all, but these are characters that just fundamentally don't get along at all. Talia is not the same character she was under O'Neil, and she hasn't been for decades at this point. Bruce and Talia are not a couple of star-crossed lovers. Is it some kind of editorially-mandated melodrama?

I mean I'll give the book a shot to change my mind, but I can't say I'm super excited about the angle he seems to be espousing.
    It doesn't help how all over the place Talia's character has been lately, particularly with characters giving her a pass for stuff.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Ouch. Not digging the artwork as much as I hoped.

Extraordinary Member

Detective Comics #1062 Preview
    Writer: Ram V
    Artist: Rafael Albuquerque
    Backup Writer: Si Spurrier
    Backup Artist: Dani