Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Way better than Hickman’s version and no characters were ruined in the process.
    Yeahhhhh, agreed With this .

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    In the episode she appeared in Beyond Good and Evil, she mentioned a brother who fights for mutants which I assumed Brian.
    I think its kwannon... the whole race body swapping fiasco is something I believe the x office wants to stay clear off in this modern era.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This was just such a fun read and put together so well. i was shocked how good it was actually. 9.5 out of 10. The .5 is because Rogue was drawn as the one Storm was saving but as seen on the next page it was actually Jean so a little ding for the coloring error. "Winds protect us!" YAS!

And i thought Karma backing up the minds to cerebro and transferring them into mutants was simply genius. absolutely genius. And tempo as the one who speeds up time. To have the five made of non xmen and xmen alike enforced the need for them to forgive and come together as one.

And charles saying his one mistake in his dream was not bringing mutants together first almost brought a tear to my eye.
    It was sooo cute and extra I loved it probably my fave debut after red.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Is this the in the same world as the previous X-Men92 series?
    I don't think so, the X-MEN 92 series from years ago ended with the rest of humanity agreeing to be turned into mutants through a spell by Deadgirl and everyone on a final splash page is off to fight the big threat.

Jubilee is better than Moira for sure.

God, did they have to write Gambit being so damn incompetent?

Also how do you pronounce this title?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    God, did they have to write Gambit being so damn incompetent?

Also how do you pronounce this title?
    the XCII is 92 in roman numerals, X-Men '92 House of 92 (I guess)

Somehow, this story is much campier, yet had way better storytelling than the original Hox/Pox while following the same beats. Ultimately, I like the writer limiting himself to 90’s characters prominent on the show and in the comics for background. It keeps the characters in mind of what the state of things used to be and how it would look, rather than a blank slate that Hickman created.

Magneto actually using his powers to do what the 616 version couldn’t do even with an Omega Level title backing up his new narrative?

Jubilee having more relevance and personality outside of “mom of baby”. The lingo is dated, but I can live with it, especially for how humorous it is to watch her scold two older men.

Wolverine having a differing motivation to the rest of the team is remarkably refreshing. Also, I’m surprised, and glad, there was no love-triangle business going on. I have an inkling they will tackle it later, but I am not ready to go back to an era where Scott and Logan are butting heads over Jean. I’m guessing that since this is the 90’s, Jean and Scott aren’t gonna do the throuple thing with Logan.

Jean Grey isn’t fainting as people were for some odd reason expecting, yet we still had her yelling “Scott!” moment. I am also taking small miracles to the fact that she is flying without Phoenix here. And it definitely ain’t because she is in space, or else the rest of the X-Men would have took that same advantage and mentioned how they are floating the same way.

Finally, LOVEABLE BEAST!!! I missed him so!!!

Things I am not fond of: Rogue yelling to Gambit for help. I don’t remember that being a thing in the original cartoon where she would ask for help, barring maybe the Ms.Marvel episode where she needed specific telepathic help. Even in the cure episode, she phrased it more as wanting something for herself, rather than asking someone for help. In situations with conflict, Rogue would usually either take the hit or tell them buzz off. Or scream if she is in actual pain, but those were pretty rare.

Most of the New Five makes sense as far the choices go, but Karma feels redundant. I don’t mind if she is on the Five per se, even with Xavier there because of his responsibilities. Still, why not have her wearing Cerebro if she is gonna be a part of the Five?

Psylocke being there is not a bad choice, but she didn’t really do anything remarkable. Neither did Cable or the others really, though I surmise they were simply cameos. Psylocke has a blank slate to work with, so her development will be interesting.

Bolivar Trask was rather one note, but maybe that is purposeful for future villains who get the plans sent to them.

Gave up on page 2. Was this any good then?

Is not horrendous or bad is kinda a B+

Fun first issue. I'm along for the ride.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

So no ones going to post a single panel from what seemed like a fun romp...oh okay!

EDIT-- Wasn't there an entire thread saying Moira couldn't be replaced because her relationship was too essential to the characters involved? Other myself included eh its possible...this issue did a good job of cleaning up many of the grievance with certain things at least so far.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 04-13-2022 at 06:15 PM.

At least even with its questionable details , I 'm glad to see that I 'm not the only one who found this first issue better and funnier than the original Krakoa age ( which is not too difficult ) XD

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Is this the in the same world as the previous X-Men92 series?
    It doesn't seem like it follows the other X-Men animated continuity comic books. The last X-Men 92 continuation comic ended with Xavier dead and everyone on Earth turned into a mutant. Even if you accept that Xavier was resurrected off-page, it doesn't explain why there's still a human population in this issue when Trask, Kelly, Gyrich etc. should all be mutants too now if the last X-Men '92 comic book was being followed.

Furthermore, the reveal at the end of this issue pretty much destroys the entire premise of the cartoon itself, not unlike how Moira's memories of past lives pretty much undermined her every comic appearance before House of X. We now have to accept that Jubilee was faking every single moment of naivete, fear, confusion, etc. in the animated show as apparently now she's already relived (more or less) these incidents almost 10 times before. That was absurd in House of X and I liked House of X, but Moira's character was peripheral enough to the comic franchise that it just barely worked (or arguably didn't).

This retcon doesn't work with Jubilee as she was one of the centers of the X-Men animated show. It's completely different here than it was with Moira in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    ...so Kwannon? Or is she referred to as Betsy?
    In al the 92 comics released recently it was Betsy.
    A picture would last longer darling...