Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yistaan View Post
    It doesn't seem like it follows the other X-Men animated continuity comic books. The last X-Men 92 continuation comic ended with Xavier dead and everyone on Earth turned into a mutant. Even if you accept that Xavier was resurrected off-page, it doesn't explain why there's still a human population in this issue when Trask, Kelly, Gyrich etc. should all be mutants too now if the last X-Men '92 comic book was being followed.

Furthermore, the reveal at the end of this issue pretty much destroys the entire premise of the cartoon itself, not unlike how Moira's memories of past lives pretty much undermined her every comic appearance before House of X. We now have to accept that Jubilee was faking every single moment of naivete, fear, confusion, etc. in the animated show as apparently now she's already relived (more or less) these incidents almost 10 times before. That was absurd in House of X and I liked House of X, but Moira's character was peripheral enough to the comic franchise that it just barely worked (or arguably didn't).

This retcon doesn't work with Jubilee as she was one of the centers of the X-Men animated show. It's completely different here than it was with Moira in the comics.
    That isn’t necessarily true. It just gives a different context is all. The confusion is the only thing that it really ruins all things considered.

The ridiculous thing about Moira’s retcon was that they took all relationships and feeling away from her beyond what she has with Magneto, Mystique, Destiny, and Xavier. The reality of the matter is that, even if Moira were to be a little more jaded, she wouldn’t work so hard to accomplish a dream if she had no investment emotionally in what she was doing, which falls on the life she wants and the relationships she is trying to save, something Hickman completely missed the mark on.

If the comic were to do a complete carbon copy of Moira, I would completely understand your criticism, but that just isn’t the case. Yes, Jubilee will have a good deal of manipulation and knowledge going with her newfound experience with her new reincarnation abilities, but the thing about that is she can still have no idea what will happen at every moment because time is not concrete. She can know pivotal moments without knowing every little detail. She isn’t gonna be at her full power levels going through puberty and gaining her mutant powers for the first time in every single life. She can still be invested in the people around her since it will be what motivates and grounds her into remembering what she is fighting for. Living multiple lives does not equal being less of a person, which is why her moments back in the cartoon can still work. They just need the right context for it and there is nothing about Jubilee’s personality that seems all that different in those final moments of the comic to the cartoon based on speech, personality, and hobbies. The only difference I saw in that small interaction is that she has a different viewpoint of Magneto’s and Charles’ position versus how it was in the cartoon.
    Last edited by PyroFN; 04-13-2022 at 06:12 PM.

Hmmm, this was interesting. Kind of fun. I think it actually sold me on the dream of Krakoa better than HoX/PoX because the more toxic underlying issues (mutant supremacism, isolationist/nationalist vibes) don't exist in this rendition.

The reveal of Jubilee as the "Moira" made me laugh out loud.

The characters feel very much like their XTAS personalities, which has it's charm, but in some ways I'm ready to move forward some from the Cyclops that's unbearable, the Wolverine that does whatever he wants, the Gambit who is a bit over eager, and the Rogue who pushes him away constantly. However I super miss this version of Beast!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    However I super miss this version of Beast!
    This is the Beast adapted directly from the comic book version of the early 1990s before later comic book writers turned him into a shady, ruthless, mastermind.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Was this the artist from the recent X-Factor book?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yes. I was noted as saying I disliked him on that series but he's improved and actually better suited for this series which is more of a parody. The art style fits

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

This was a fun first issue, will definitely be reading the rest.

It was fun specially Gambit screwing up even when Storm warned him . But the best part is the 90's art in the "radical" page hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    No it was David Baldeon on X-Factor, on this book it's Salva Espin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Wars View Post
    No it was David Baldeon on X-Factor, on this book it's Salva Espin.
    Oh it is? I take back what I said about Baldeon improving then.

I thought I saw Baldeon in the credits but I checked and it was just the cover

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    This was a fun first issue, will definitely be reading the rest.
    I agree. This issue was a nice "brain break!"
    Mutant and Proud!

Wow I can’t believe they ruined Jubilee like this

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Wow I can’t believe they ruined Jubilee like this
    Sooo limbo, powerless, perpetual teen vampire, random cutesy kid, unnecessary mentor role.... None of that ruined Jubilee but somehow this one issue did!!!
    How??
    GrindrStone(D)

This aint even canon. Jubilee isnt ruined

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

It's not even canon to the actual show even. This is totally different than the very canon obliteration of Moira's character and backstory

I just came here to ask if anybody else laughed at the X-Men being reborn fully clothed and clean. I couldn't tell if it was intentional funny or not.