Default Now that comixology are not publishing every, what do you do ?

So now that comixology are not putting every publishers on their stores, what do you do to get all the comics you're missing out on ?

P.S. anyone know if they will bring back the old version because this is starting to piss me off alot.

Fantastic Member

I'm not buying anything at the moment and not even reading the most recent books I purchased on Comixology. That will likely change over time, but it's the way it is for now.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

As far as I'm concerned Comixology doesn't exist anymore. Amazon got rid of it and their attempt to bring it all in house was a disaster. I wish they had kept them separate. I suppose we will have to wait for another relaunch for them to fix it all so that it will be as good as it was before Amazon's meddling. In the meantime, I have a Ipod pro where I can use the Marvel App and also a Marvel Unlimited subscription. I mostly buy Marvel so I am curious to hear from the experiences of DC fans.

Yeah same, I still add to my list the books I want (for the small batch that is being published at least...) but I ain't buying a thing until they fix this pile of flaming ****.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Plus, what happened is a waste of money. I won't be able to reread anything.

I've switched to DRM-free providers.
    IndyPlanet and DriveThruComics.

DriveThru also has a few publishers on it that publish a lot of content, like Valiant, Vault Comics and Scout Comics.

I'm pushing back against 'Cloud' anything. Everything seems to be moving towards it.
    Eventually they'll market PCs with very small hard drives, if they even have one at all, to take all media to the clouds.
    If that happens, we won't own anything in digital.
    Whatever you have 'rights to', will be stored on clouds that will be subscription based.

I may be overthinking it, but that's what I'm expecting to happen.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Plus, what happened is a waste of money. I won't be able to reread anything.
    I had thought about going digital many times (running out of space after decades of collecting), but after that Amazon disaster, I am very glad I stuck to print.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    I had thought about going digital many times (running out of space after decades of collecting), but after that Amazon disaster, I am very glad I stuck to print.
    I was going hybrid between physical and digital for the last 2 years, but I guess I should of stayed to physical.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I've switched to DRM-free providers.
    IndyPlanet and DriveThruComics.

DriveThru also has a few publishers on it that publish a lot of content, like Valiant, Vault Comics and Scout Comics.

I'm pushing back against 'Cloud' anything. Everything seems to be moving towards it.
    Eventually they'll market PCs with very small hard drives, if they even have one at all, to take all media to the clouds.
    Whatever you have 'rights to', will be stored on clouds that will be subscription based.

I may be overthinking it, but that's what I'm expecting to happen.
    Yep, the future is gonna suck big time.

Not read many comics in recent weeks (most of the ones still to be read are digitally)…but when I read a couple a few days ago on a IPad, Amazon had already improved things from a couple of weeks earlier.

Yes, Amazon have initially gone about things poorly, but wouldn’t be surprised if in 6 months time overall package better than Comixology was before the takeover.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Hate to tell you but you already don't actually own anything in digital format. It might seem like you do but it can all go away in the blink of an eye.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Hate to tell you but you already don't actually own anything in digital format. It might seem like you do but it can all go away in the blink of an eye.
    It used to be that Comixology allowed you to download DRM-free PDFs of the comics you bought from certain publishers (e.g., Archie, Image). I can still read those, in a normal PDF reader. Those days are of course now vanished, after the absorption into Amazon. I shall purchase no more digital comics until Amazon restores the Comixology Web browser app (or its functional equivalent). The current Kindle Cloud app is useless for most comics.

Astonishing Member

Yesterday I received an E-mail from Amazon asking me to participate in a survey about the (now discontinued) Comixology Web reader and its (definitely inferior) replacement, the Kindle Web reader. The survey was a series of multiple-choice questions about your Comixology reading habits (how often you used the "guided view" feature vs. reading the entire page, etc.) and about what you liked/disliked about the old reader and the new one. I don't know whether this means that they are planning to revamp the Kindle Web reader to more nearly resemble its Comixology predecessor, but at least it shows that they are aware of customer dissatisfaction about the current product.

Did all Comixology customers receive an invitation to take part in this survey? If not, were the recipients chosen at random? I wonder just what's going on here.

Astonishing Member

Comixology has been around for a number of years. I can't believe they are the only game in town.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Comixology has been around for a number of years. I can't believe they are the only game in town.
    I invested early in diversifying my digital comic sources. The Dark Horse App, the Image digital store (RIP), the Dynamite digital store (until they lost all of my comics), Humble Bundle, etc. I have yet to try DriveThruComics, but I hear there's a watermark on the comics you buy and that's kind of a put off. But yeah, Comixology/Amazon damn near has a monopoly and that's how Marvel and DC want it.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

There's still Marvel Unlimited to subscribe to if you want. You just can't read the new releases there. But if there is a comic I didn't want bad enough to buy I just wait until it shows up there. Their reader is not as good as the one Comixology had before the screw up but it's OK. You can switch between single page of two page viewing or read by panel order. Amazon/Comixology is not very good at keeping the panels in order.