Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Ms. Marvel & Wolverine (July 2022)

Source: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=160779270

Starting in July, Ms. Marvel will discover a new Marvel Universe-spanning mystery and she’ll need to have some unexpected team-ups in order to defeat it!
    Wolverine, Moon Knight, and Venom will fight alongside Kamala Khan in a series of oversized one-shots by writer Jody Houser. Kicking off with MS. MARVEL & WOLVERINE #1, where Houser will be joined by artist Zé Carlos, these three issues will deliver an overarching epic that will see Ms. Marvel shine in battle next to Marvel’s most iconic and toughest heroes. The adventures will also be a perfect jumping on point for newcomers to the saga of Ms. Marvel as it lays the groundwork for her exciting next era.
    When a mysterious threat lands in New York City, Ms. Marvel takes matters into her own embiggened hands – but with Krakoan security/tech compromised, you can bet Wolverine and the X-Men won’t be far behind. The best there is at what he does teams up with one of the Marvel Universe’s most lauded heroes in an action-packed adventure for the ages!
    "I'm thrilled to be back playing in the Marvel super hero sandbox, especially with a character at vital as Ms. Marvel,” Houser said. “Teaming her up with some of the darker heroes of the 616 shows just how bright her light really is."
    “Ms. Marvel is such a powerful and versatile member of the MU, and putting her in a huge scale adventure shoulder to shoulder with harder-edged heroes like Venom, Moon Knight, and Wolverine is going to maybe surprise some readers with her range,” Editor Mark Basso said. “If you missed her earlier adventures, know this: Kamala Khan is a super hero. Full stop. And when you get her in the mix with a crew like this, you know something BIG is going down.”
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Shoulda been Ms. Marvel and Hellion, but alright. Maybe we'll get a reference to Kamala being teammates with Scott back in the Champions days?

Also, good to see Kamala still has her stretchy powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Shoulda been Marvel Girl and Ms Marvel.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Shoulda been Marvel Girl and Ms Marvel.
    Or Laura, playing off the Old Woman Laura arc. Especially because I can't think if Laura and Kamala have ever actually interacted outside of AUs.

Wolverine can't be a stand-in Dad for everyone, Marvel.

Ugh, can they stop using Armor

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    Wolverine can't be a stand-in Dad for everyone, Marvel.
    The words "And Wolverine" rank right up there with "And Spider-Man" as the first things that come to mind for any team up comic Unexpected is not the right word to use there.
    Dark does not mean deep.

So this is basically just a book to be spotlighting Kamala (and more Moon Knight) in time for her Disney+ show.

I guess Venom is Dylan?

Great more wasted paper
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Source: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=160779270

Starting in July, Ms. Marvel will discover a new Marvel Universe-spanning mystery and she’ll need to have some unexpected team-ups in order to defeat it!
    Wolverine, Moon Knight, and Venom will fight alongside Kamala Khan in a series of oversized one-shots by writer Jody Houser. Kicking off with MS. MARVEL & WOLVERINE #1, where Houser will be joined by artist Zé Carlos, these three issues will deliver an overarching epic that will see Ms. Marvel shine in battle next to Marvel’s most iconic and toughest heroes. The adventures will also be a perfect jumping on point for newcomers to the saga of Ms. Marvel as it lays the groundwork for her exciting next era.
    When a mysterious threat lands in New York City, Ms. Marvel takes matters into her own embiggened hands – but with Krakoan security/tech compromised, you can bet Wolverine and the X-Men won’t be far behind. The best there is at what he does teams up with one of the Marvel Universe’s most lauded heroes in an action-packed adventure for the ages!
    "I'm thrilled to be back playing in the Marvel super hero sandbox, especially with a character at vital as Ms. Marvel,” Houser said. “Teaming her up with some of the darker heroes of the 616 shows just how bright her light really is."
    “Ms. Marvel is such a powerful and versatile member of the MU, and putting her in a huge scale adventure shoulder to shoulder with harder-edged heroes like Venom, Moon Knight, and Wolverine is going to maybe surprise some readers with her range,” Editor Mark Basso said. “If you missed her earlier adventures, know this: Kamala Khan is a super hero. Full stop. And when you get her in the mix with a crew like this, you know something BIG is going down.”
    Now this is how you give a character a fair chance. I'm in because i like what this can do for a character like kamala. Some of marvel's most popular characters actually helping someone find their way. I'm actually very optimistic about this. I really hope her champions buddy, Cyclops appears.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-13-2022 at 02:15 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

This is hilarious. “Because we know you don’t care enough about Ms. Marvel on her own to buy her comic, we’re throwing in Wolverine!” LOL.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    This is hilarious. “Because we know you don’t care enough about Ms. Marvel on her own to buy her comic, we’re throwing in Wolverine!” LOL.
    Better than Logan on another avengers team to do the same. I much rather they use his profile to uplift a young minority female so shops can't say. "It won't sell." Now we can be like. "But you say everything wolverine sells." This was a smart move.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Smart, but still hilarious in how blatant it is.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Should have been Surge, Hellion, Indra and Dust
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Should have been Surge, Hellion, Indra and Dust
    They should have been in x lives and deaths so we could have all shut up about it. Lol. Along with a few other queer and minority characters that went underused in the main event. But hindsight. If wolverine sells use him to sell that diversity.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.