Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
Probably time to start handing out lubricant. Because yeah, we're likely well and proper f*cked.

The more DC/WB leans on the Bat, the more they abuse/neglect/mismanage everyone else, the worse the situation will become for them. And what baffles me is that this is some basic bitch business 101 sh*t. Idiot freshmen in college with no real world experience recognize this. Why the ever loving hel do these high-priced executives not recognize what they're doing to themselves and the company?

In the direct market, decades of this crap has now resulted in high profile characters, staples of the industry recognized around the globe, struggling to carry books. In larger media it's resulted in reduced profiles, reduced brand loyalty, and reduced brand trust, all of which means less money in WB's pocket. It's not hard to recognize the difference between matching consumer demand with your most profitable products, and cutting the legs out from everything else in the pursuit of hyping up that most profitable product.

Eh, if DC movies keep going the way they're going, great; that means more money stays in my pocket.
Agreed. I mean, I could say the reason why is the same reason why 80% of our elected officials make stupid decisions on healthcare and the like. Same "lack of logic" energy in both, imo.

I can almost see the logic from someone who wants to go as cheap a route as possible:

*Timeline already exists and money was spent on it
*Actors are more or less in place (hopefully)
*Resetting would take a lot longer, be more expensive possibly, and still no guarantee

But here's the thing that, if this is indeed what they're going for, that is the lynchpin of everything:

*We can take this and make it better.

THAT is the trap that it seems like so many of these corporate types fall into. But if he can't? He's just a cheaper version of all the suits that came before.

Honestly, I'm almost more pissed about losing so much Keaton Batman than I am anything, at this point. I was really looking forward to that.