Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Just make an animated adaptation of Superman Smashes the Klan. It's the simplest easiest slam dunk in the world they could make.
    Maybe if Super-Pets does well they’ll make more theatrical animated movies. I too think that a big budget animated Superman movie is more likely to do well then anything live action at this point. An animated Superman movie might get license to just be entertaining as opposed to all these live action films which are obsessed with being “meaningful”.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Maybe if Super-Pets does well they’ll make more theatrical animated movies. I too think that a big budget animated Superman movie is more likely to do well then anything live action at this point. An animated Superman movie might get license to just be entertaining as opposed to all these live action films which are obsessed with being “meaningful”.
    Hell, that's the beauty of SStK, it's fun and meaningful!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

They should just rent out the ip to animation studios..Especially eastern ones are damn great.I haven't seen anything from wb that's note worthy other than maybe batman tas.They did iron giant refused to support it.it tanked.lost brad bird.Their animation movies aren't for mass audiences.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Hell, that's the beauty of SStK, it's fun and meaningful!
    Too bad we’ll never get a Superman script from someone who likes and understands the character as well as Yang did.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Too bad we’ll never get a Superman script from someone who likes and understands the character as well as Yang did.
    The problem is that WC/DC don't like the character. There have been stories that the suits are embarrassed by Superman. The red trunks had to go and they did. The resulting suit is dark, little more than a jumpsuit in S&L. Superman's suit once was among the best superhero suits while now - meh. The Marvel character suits mostly put Superman's suit to shame.

If your corporate owner does not believe in you then you won't get a good script. The owners won't go looking for such a script. They are out there; they can be written. The new owner likewise seems uninterested. Zaslav is all about Batman, BA, WW, Aquaman but seemingly indifferent to Superman. The new boss is just like the old boss.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 07-03-2022 at 09:09 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

You really don’t think there’s been back and forth on the direction of the DCEU behind the scenes? I mean we just witnessed another high level purge at WB: Kilar, Sarnoff, Emmerich, and likely Hamada too. Is it so unbelievable that plans change especially at WB which has historically been incapable of sticking to a plan for long? They went through 4 versions of the Flash before settling on what we’re getting after all. Insiders were pretty adamant that Supes would be out of the DCEU post Flash, reliable guys like ViewerAnon were verifying leaks saying Supergirl replaced Superman.
    What back and forth? Peacemaker, Flash and Black Aadam were all filmed simultaneously. They are parallel connected projects. Just Peacemaker got out first because it didn't needed all the post production of the others.

There isn't a legit leak saying that. Or you mean the drunk Aquaman thing? I take you were never been drunk and said stupid things.

It's not like WB could've showed SM and who's playing him in and early screening of The Flash and get it leaked more than a year before release and kill also all the hype for BA, the movie set to first to reintroduce the character to the big screen.

After BA will be out, WB will be free to make an official announcement about SM and who's going to play him and we can get an idea where we could see him next. They are the ones deciding the right timing and context to reveal such a thing. And a 4chan or Twitter's leak ain't the right place to find this out.

Of course, free to keep disagreeing with me as usual.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

what if the new superman is nicholas cage?the rock vs nicholas cage?anyone?
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    This is something Hamada would do, judging by his bringing back BatKeaton.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    The problem is that WC/DC don't like the character. There have been stories that the suits are embarrassed by Superman. The red trunks had to go and they did. The resulting suit is dark, little more than a jumpsuit in S&L. Superman's suit once was among the best superhero suits while now - meh. The Marvel character suits mostly put Superman's suit to shame.

If your corporate owner does not believe in you then you won't get a good script. The owners won't go looking for such a script. They are out there; they can be written. The new owner likewise seems uninterested. Zaslav is all about Batman, BA, WW, Aquaman but seemingly indifferent to Superman. The new boss is just like the old boss.
    Paging Roger Daltrey...
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Screw it, sure! I'd rather have a intentionally bad movie than a unintentionally bad movie.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Screw it, sure! I'd rather have a intentionally bad movie than a unintentionally bad movie.
    Not to worry. If Cavill is too old, then Cage is way too old.

BANNED

To those who are saying Superman would not do well at the box office right now, I have to agree and disagree.

The emo, navel-gazing, directionless, and murdering hobo of the Snyderfilms would not do well. I think even the general audience is tired of that for Superman.

However, if there was a miracle (and it would indeed be a miracle) over at WBD and they decide: "Hey, we're going to do Superman right. He's going to do the right thing because it's the right thing to do. He's going to save people and defend the defenseless and the movie will also be fun. Romance, adventure, humor, sci-fi action, all of it. And we'll get someone who knows and loves Superman to write and/or direct."

I guarantee you that such a film would be a massive hit. People are starving for heroes who aren't wading through the morass of everyday life, a hero not sullied by the world around him but instead driven to make the world better for everyone. Politicians on all sides don't give a damn about the common man and woman, nor do celebrities. Superman, though, always has. A movie with an iconic Superman would break a billion worldwide.

I'm entirely prepared, however, for a movie that will either get nothing right at all or one that will get a few things right but ultimately fail to deliver Superman when he's needed most.

Gotta agree with Kirk.

People love Superman. It's in our DNA as a culture, if not a species. We don't love *bad* Superman stories, but every time there's a new Superman show or film, people show up for it in droves. Bad reviews, bad word of mouth, bad people in front of or behind the camera, that stuff can and has ruined a project's performance, but people still show up for the next effort. Every time. They showed up for MoS despite the painful failure of Returns. They showed up for that CW show despite the failure of the Snyder films.

Make a new Superman film, and the only thing standing in the way of success is itself. Did the trailers look cool? Did the actors hype it enough in interviews? Doesn't matter how many films and shows failed in the past, people will always give the next one a chance.

And if the movie is actually great? If WB actually knocked one out of the park? People are so starved for quality Superman WB might actually choke to death on the accolades.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Brent View Post
    To those who are saying Superman would not do well at the box office right now, I have to agree and disagree.

The emo, navel-gazing, directionless, and murdering hobo of the Snyderfilms would not do well. I think even the general audience is tired of that for Superman.

However, if there was a miracle (and it would indeed be a miracle) over at WBD and they decide: "Hey, we're going to do Superman right. He's going to do the right thing because it's the right thing to do. He's going to save people and defend the defenseless and the movie will also be fun. Romance, adventure, humor, sci-fi action, all of it. And we'll get someone who knows and loves Superman to write and/or direct."

I guarantee you that such a film would be a massive hit. People are starving for heroes who aren't wading through the morass of everyday life, a hero not sullied by the world around him but instead driven to make the world better for everyone. Politicians on all sides don't give a damn about the common man and woman, nor do celebrities. Superman, though, always has. A movie with an iconic Superman would break a billion worldwide.

I'm entirely prepared, however, for a movie that will either get nothing right at all or one that will get a few things right but ultimately fail to deliver Superman when he's needed most.
    The first weekend MOS BO numbers were great. With good word of mouth and a normal week to week attendance falloff MOS would have crossed 900 million. Close to the billion WB expected. Those were the early projections based on the weekend's numbers. Trouble was the word of mouth was awful. The movie plunged to second place on its second weekend. So yes, a well-received Superman film can make a billion. WW almost did, Aquaman and Joker did, and BA is likely to. After MOS made just 668 million (factoring in inflation in ticket prices about the same BO as SR).

The old regime did not believe Supes can do a billion at the BO after two major disappointments in SR and MOS. I see no sign that Zaslav and the new suits feel any different. Hence there doesn't seem to be any particular interest in Superman unlike Batman, Aquaman, Black Adam and Joker. The stories say Discovery execs see those as models for going forward including rapid turnarounds in getting out their sequels.

Easy fix - just get Yang to write the script. That's what the writer of Under the Red Hood comic did for the animated movie, and that was the best Batman movie we've had. No reason it can't work for Superman and this story.