Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The fate of Superman in the shared universe coming down to the Rock is the funniest twist ending possible to this whole mess. I did speculate that the Rock might get control of the Superman franchise simply because the rest of WB is too incompetent.
    They are connecting multiple franchises BA/SS/SM/Shazam/JSA. Maybe, more down the line. The Rock is the DCEU's Feige.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    They are connecting multiple franchises BA/SS/SM/Shazam/JSA. Maybe, more down the line. The Rock is the DCEU's Feige.
    I do hope it’s a Superman/Shazam team up against the Rock. I know kicking Supes ass is all the Rock cares about but c’mon, he’s Shazam’s arch nemesis. They already have the perfect blueprint for it too!

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I do hope it’s a Superman/Shazam team up against the Rock. I know kicking Supes ass is all the Rock cares about but c’mon, he’s Shazam’s arch nemesis. They already have the perfect blueprint for it too!

I don't know how they could do it. Shazam and BA are like 2 separate series of movies. So BA could fight Billy in Shazam! 3 while SM is in the BA movies. or could mix things up in the 3rd with both SM and the Shazam fam vs BA.

The BA/SM was some Cavill/The Rock idea with both of them having the same manager, etc. If Dani Garcia was Momoa's manager, we would talk about Aquaman vs Black Adam right now.

The conflated reports from a month ago about Zaslav/WB and Superman/Cavill have pretty much gone silent and proved to be little more than embellishments on the original story which did not contain such details.

Bottom line is that Superman is not a profitable film franchise. Like it or not. Shazam outperformed MOS (in terms of return on investment). Zaslav is all about exploiting the more lucrative franchises over secondary one like the Wonder Twins. The report that Superman is being retcon'd out of the DC film universe in Flash more or less confirm Zaslav is not interested in Superman. The Abrams project is a different Superman not in the DCEU. A black and apparently de-powered Superman akin to the 30s version in terms of powers. WB can make that film even though Superman is gone from the DC film world. But Zaslav is all about making a profit and quickly on the underutilized properties and I'm not sure WB will go forward with the Abrams project as its uber profitability is not guaranteed.

I think a push will be made on Aquaman (start working on Aquaman ). WW3 - expedite completing the film. BA2 and Shazam 3 along with the Reeves Batman project which is quickly moving forward with spinoffs apparently in the works.

So Black Adam is the new cinematic universe Superman, and if Superman shows up it will only be to get his butt kicked by Black Adam and prop him up as the strongest?

****, no matter the management they just don't understand the simplest concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    The conflated reports from a month ago about Zaslav/WB and Superman/Cavill have pretty much gone silent and proved to be little more than embellishments on the original story which did not contain such details.

Bottom line is that Superman is not a profitable film franchise. Like it or not. Shazam outperformed MOS (in terms of return on investment). Zaslav is all about exploiting the more lucrative franchises over secondary one like the Wonder Twins. The report that Superman is being retcon'd out of the DC film universe in Flash more or less confirm Zaslav is not interested in Superman. The Abrams project is a different Superman not in the DCEU. A black and apparently de-powered Superman akin to the 30s version in terms of powers. WB can make that film even though Superman is gone from the DC film world. But Zaslav is all about making a profit and quickly on the underutilized properties and I'm not sure WB will go forward with the Abrams project as its uber profitability is not guaranteed.

I think a push will be made on Aquaman (start working on Aquaman ). WW3 - expedite completing the film. BA2 and Shazam 3 along with the Reeves Batman project which is quickly moving forward with spinoffs apparently in the works.
    …what are you talking about? Are you even following along with the thread? Zaslav never specifically said anything about Cavill and I doubt he gives a damn who is in the suit, but clearly the situation has changed since apparently Superman is set to cameo in Black Adam in some manner. But Zaslav came on board after the Flash was getting already done filming, he’s not the one who signed off on the status of Superman and since he’s come on board we’re getting the first indications that Supes might still be in the DCEU going forward.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

he’s not the one who signed off on the status of Superman and since he’s come on board we’re getting the first indications that Supes might still be in the DCEU going forward.
    The first indication was in the Peacemaker finale actually. Sm wouldn't have been there if he didn't belonged to the future post-Flash plans according to James Gunn.

Do you have better "sources" than Gunn and the WB execs that ask him to cut Batfleck and Cyborg while keeping SM?

I agree Zaslav didn't mention Cavill but as the original story got twisted with some reports saying he liked Cavill. Campea pretty much debunked the hype the original stroy grew into.

Whether WB with Zaslav retcons Supes out the DC film universe remains to be seen. But the previous suits were going to do that and why? It's all about money. Zaslav is laser focused on the bottom line and he'll have access to the books and how well DC superhero films have performed in general and against each other. If he does more Superman its probably going to be the Abrams project rather than a tradition DCEU Superman film - Cavill or not.

I agree Zaslav didn't mention Cavill but as the original story got twisted with some reports saying he liked Cavill. Campea pretty much debunked the hype the original stroy grew into.

Whether WB with Zaslav retcons Supes out the DC film universe remains to be seen. But the previous suits were going to do that and why? It's all about money. Zaslav is laser focused on the bottom line and he'll have access to the books and how well DC superhero films have performed in general and against each other. If he does more Superman its probably going to be the Abrams project rather than a tradition DCEU Superman film - Cavill or not.
    I doubt it. I honestly think that outside of Batman and Joker we're not going to see anymore non-shared universe movies going forward.

Bottom line is that Superman is not a profitable film franchise. Like it or not.
    The only way this is true is in WB's hands, because they don't know what the hell they're doing. Snyder's Superman may not be profitable, sure. Honestly, if they were smart, they'd be good to just have the S&L team make a movie - it'd be cheaper, which should make management happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    So Black Adam is the new cinematic universe Superman, and if Superman shows up it will only be to get his butt kicked by Black Adam and prop him up as the strongest?

****, no matter the management they just don't understand the simplest concept.
    Right? That's why I said that not understanding their own IPs is WB company policy, lol.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

I've thought about having the S&L team do a Superman HBO Max film. Probably not likely but there aren't many options.

As to IP's, WB does not understand/value the Superman IP as they are/were set to replace it with a Black Superman IP totally distinct from the original.

I've thought about having the S&L team do a Superman HBO Max film. Probably not likely but there aren't many options.
    I would absolutely LOVE that. Maybe with a bit more budget, they can fix the shoulders on that muscle suit and how the cape connects (my only real gripes, lol)

As to IP's, WB does not understand/value the Superman IP as they are/were set to replace it with a Black Superman IP totally distinct from the original.
    Replacing with? Yes, I'd agree. Adding to (as in alternate universe)? I'd honestly love it. I think making a lot of stand-alone movies and then having an event that brings the heroes from the universes together would be the amazing. But, as usual, Marvel beat them to it because DC/WB never have any vision of their own besides "Batman sells, let's make everything Batman".

Just like when New52 came out - I would have been fine if it were an "Ultimates" type universe, not replacing the then-current one.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    I would absolutely LOVE that. Maybe with a bit more budget, they can fix the shoulders on that muscle suit and how the cape connects (my only real gripes, lol)
    I always preferred the cape clips/clasps, like his suit had in Supergirl. The tucked into the collar look always seemed more unpolished and uncomfortable to me (hate having things around my neck). But that's not a popular opinion here.

I think Zaslav has to come out soon (post ComicCon) with news about films. To demonstrate he is shaking things up. Initially it'll be news about Aquaman 3, BA2, Shazam3 and maybe a few surprises. He'll likely wait until after BA comes out in fall before making decisions on Superman. If BA is huge they may go forward with making BA the center of the film universe. Pushing Superman projects to TV/HBO.

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    The only way this is true is in WB's hands, because they don't know what the hell they're doing. Snyder's Superman may not be profitable, sure. Honestly, if they were smart, they'd be good to just have the S&L team make a movie - it'd be cheaper, which should make management happy.

Right? That's why I said that not understanding their own IPs is WB company policy, lol.
    Interestingly while Superman has struggled on the big screen for decades from the 90s development hell to SR then MOS and BvS, it has soared on TV from the Superboy series to L&C to Smallville and Superrman and Lois. Different creative teams or is it something about TV. Zaslav is sharp and he'll certainly see this. Maybe a reason to focus on TV/HBO for Superman? Maybe several smaller scale Superman films on HBO? Routh rcently gave a interview saying it's possible. Something he wouldn't have thought a while ago. How about a Golden Age Routh HBO series?
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 07-01-2022 at 04:30 PM.