Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

The Batgirl news is the first bit of hope i've heard in a long while. Fingers crossed it also means they'll can the Flash movie and jettison the idea of replacing Superman once and for all. Looks like Zaslav is aware of how badly the brand has been damaged and doesn't want to risk further damage through terrible product or controverial actors associated with that product.

Now it is time to drop Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Eh nah. Time heals all wounds.
    It certainly can - but that requires the company to stop stabbing the general area first so that it can heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    The Batgirl news is the first bit of hope i've heard in a long while. Fingers crossed it also means they'll can the Flash movie and jettison the idea of replacing Superman once and for all. Looks like Zaslav is aware of how badly the brand has been damaged and doesn't want to risk further damage through terrible product or controverial actors associated with that product.
    I hope they don't can Flash - I've been looking forward to seeing Keaton's Batman again. They've got plenty of time to put together a new ending that erases the current Flash and "his sacrifice will not be in vain" and we're off to the races, lol
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

I don’t think they’ll can Flash. Apparently it’s cost them up to $300 million at this point. That’s a hell of a higher cost to eat than $90 million. If they cancel anything I’m expecting it to be Blue Beetle, probably GLC and Abrams’ JLD projects. Maybe they’ll recast the Flash after the movie comes out.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Flash has as many vfx shoots as Infinity War. It's costly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Business Guy you say?
    Attachment 123547
    lol.

WBD is not canning the Flash. New scenes were filmed in July including additional Batfleck scenes. Ezra was supposedly on set for the new shoots. WBD switched the Flash and Aquaman 2 release dates. That made Keaton's Aquaman appearance confusing, so Keaton's scenes were removed and new Batfleck scenes were filmed as confirmed last week.

Why not just drop the Keaton scenes? Why add Batfleck into Aquaman? Obviously Batfleck is being reintroduced into the DCEU. Beyond that Batfleck's appearance across all projects including in the new Shazam trailer is WBD/Zaslav shifting back to a shared universe built around Batman. Will Batfleck get some scenes in WW3 as is being speculated? And could this be already building to a JL film which Zaslav is said to want? A JL led by Batman and Wonder Woman which would be a hat tip to Snyder's JL.

As to Affleck, his new filming all but confirms he has signed with WBD. Some folks are in denial about Batfleck being back. It won't be long before there is confirmation of that.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 08-03-2022 at 08:55 AM.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I feel bad for Keaton. What looked like to be a Bat renasanse for him with multiple appearances is quickly dwindling down to the Flash appearance only. It's a shame as I was actually looking forward to seeing him back as Batman on a semi regular basis for the next few years. Perhaps he'll co exist with Batfleck and his presence in the DCEU could act as a lead in to whatever the next Justice League movie or a possible CRISIS film.

Im kinda glad Ben Affleck looks to be on the way back as the shared universe Batman. I do hope that signals that Henry could return as well, but if it truly is Henry holding things up with Superman, then its time to officially cut ties and maybe give Brandon Routh a call and move on already.

And before anyone says "Routh is too old! " Ben is pushing 50 and Keaton is 70. George Reeves was playing Superman into his late 40s. A 43 year old Routh would work well for a Justice League film or as a costar in other films. That doesn't preclude a recast for a solo feature either. If we can have two or three concurrent Batmen running around, the world can handle two or three different live action Supermen.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Affleck will always trigger a connection in my head to the downfall of Superman in the DCEU, so I guess I'd rather he be out, too. Besides, we already have a Batman, two in fact. But since the MCU already created the idea of multiverses in the public's consciousness, then WB can Batman their cake and Batman it, too.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    WBD is not canning the Flash. New scenes were filmed in July including additional Batfleck scenes. Ezra was supposedly on set for the new shoots. WBD switched the Flash and Aquaman 2 release dates. That made Keaton's Aquaman appearance confusing, so Keaton's scenes were removed and new Batfleck scenes were filmed as confirmed last week.

Why not just drop the Keaton scenes? Why add Batfleck into Aquaman? Obviously Batfleck is being reintroduced into the DCEU. Beyond that Batfleck's appearance across all projects including in the new Shazam trailer is WBD/Zaslav shifting back to a shared universe built around Batman. Will Batfleck get some scenes in WW3 as is being speculated? And could this be already building to a JL film which Zaslav is said to want? A JL led by Batman and Wonder Woman which would be a hat tip to Snyder's JL.

As to Affleck, his new filming all but confirms he has signed with WBD. Some folks are in denial about Batfleck being back. It won't be long before there is confirmation of that.
    Where did you get this from? These aren't legit infos. The Flash movie filmed back in 2021 and there weren't any new scenes shoot since then. Affleck filmed 3 scenes and that's it. The movie had 4 test screenings and it was the same film with minor editing tweaks. Ezra isn't in the condition to film anything new right now. He had a court hearing recently.

So far Zaslav isn't making any creative decision, just cold business decisions to cancel everything he can for the sake of saving money.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-03-2022 at 10:29 AM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I really do think the Flash movie is next. Especially if events in Batgirl were dependent on Flash. Like the Keaton Batman. Get rid of the movie that isn't finished yet before getting rid of the one that is.
    Assassinate Putin!

HBO Max is apparently getting killed off. That kills the MBJ project and I’ve been following the DCEU leaks subreddit. One guy is claiming that the plan is for Black Adam 2 to introduce a new rebooted Superman within the DCEU not played by Cavill. Abrams is doing the Constantine show but that’s it, everything else and his Superman project have been killed. Looks like I was right about the Rock getting Superman if so lol.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I really do think the Flash movie is next. Especially if events in Batgirl were dependent on Flash. Like the Keaton Batman. Get rid of the movie that isn't finished yet before getting rid of the one that is.
    It cost north of $300 million Flash is getting released.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Sounds like HBO Max originals are getting folded into HBO proper. I don’t know if that means the DC shows like Peacemaker and Harley Quinn which are hits will be cancelled or that the streaming service itself is going anywhere. Shows that are doing well on HBO Max, will stay there:

The person we spoke with for this story said streaming-exclusive Warner Bros. movies are not disproportionately targeted for removal from HBO Max. And certainly not all will be scrubbed: Take the “Father of the Bride” remake, for example. The Andy Garcia-Gloria Estefan version has done well on HBO Max, so stay on HBO Max it shall. Media analysts — and the just media — will get an explanation of the strategy during Thursday afternoon’s Warner Bros. Discovery Q2 earnings conference call, we’re told.
    https://www.indiewire.com/2022/08/hb...es-1234747761/

It's all coming down to tax breaks.
    Last edited by Yoda; 08-03-2022 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    HBO Max is apparently getting killed off. That kills the MBJ project and I’ve been following the DCEU leaks subreddit. One guy is claiming that the plan is for Black Adam 2 to introduce a new rebooted Superman within the DCEU not played by Cavill. Abrams is doing the Constantine show but that’s it, everything else and his Superman project have been killed. Looks like I was right about the Rock getting Superman if so lol.
    I would have a hard time not begrudging Johnson if he brought back a Superman just to show us how tough BA is. It's like 2014 all over again...

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Sounds like HBO Max originals are getting folded into HBO proper. I don’t know if that means the DC shows like Peacemaker and Harley Quinn which are hits will be cancelled or that the streaming service itself is going anywhere.
    Dude laying off 70% of the HBO Max stuff the way the article predicts is absolutely going to result in a wave of cancellations. On top of that Zaslav apparently prefers unscripted content over scripted which again likely means a bunch of cancellations. Gotta get that $3 billion in cuts somehow, this is exactly what was expected.

With Zaslav's recent actions and if indeed Affleck is back as Batman, I could see the Reeve's Batman being in jeopardy. The film underperformed. WB was expecting 900 million plus. Affleck is this generations' Batman. Zaslav may find it redundant and financially dubious and cancel the sequel which was announced in April. The studio has presumably spent little money on it since then.

Another Snyder item. On the day of the merger WBD issued a statement praising WB films and a number of films were mentioned including Batman vs Superman. That was a slap in the face to the old regime. An indirect thumbs up to Snyder? Snyder and Batfleck had a similar vision for the JL trilogy. Affleck is back and Zaslav wants a JL. Horn liked the Snyder cut per rumors. No, I'm not going there but interesting happenings at WBD.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 08-03-2022 at 01:14 PM.