Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748 LastLast

What was that Zaslav said about a 10-year plan? LOL!

Astonishing Member

I don't buy into it. Nobody wants WBD massive debt.

Abrams JLD projects are dead at HBO Max

Yeah he’s going to be gone soon. All but confirmed that his Superman project is dead too, it’s either going to be Cavill or they’re going to start from scratch.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Yeah he’s going to be gone soon. All but confirmed that his Superman project is dead too, it’s either going to be Cavill or they’re going to start from scratch.
    At least there’s one positive thing that came out of this mess.

Don’t let JJ near Superman.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Good. He ruins every franchise he touches.
    Assassinate Putin!

Kudos to DeLuca and Abdy who spearheaded the Constantine deal. It fits with WBD's vision of creating quality films that are box office successes. Keanu Reeves' Constantine was a hit in the day and for years fans have been wanting a sequel. Let's see - WBD could go with JJ's total reboot, or a Reeves led sequel sure to be a box office hit and to set up sequels. JJ is allowed to shop his Constantine to other studios/platforms and, if picked up, WBD gets royalties. JJ comes out fine - he received 250 million upfront from WB without having produced anything. Fandome was canceled in part so that WBD wasn't forced into announcing a film slate. Instead announce films on WBD's own schedule. The Constantine announcement is trending and garnered WBD great PR - which they need right now.

A Batman solo would be a much bigger announcement. Rumors are that Affleck was offered a ton of money (making him among the highest paid actors ever) to come back and do a solo and be the lead/participate in development of a Crisis on Infinite Earths film. Imagine WBD making that announcement! Most likely the pace of film announcements will be slow. Maybe nothing until 2023 but, if WBD does more along the lines of Constantine, the studio will boost confidence in itself not just from fans but from investors with the latter being the key to WBD's ability to produce quality films.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 09-17-2022 at 03:11 PM.

Article on the current status quo at WBD

TL;DR Despite Zaslav saying he wants a Feige, the new DC head isn’t going to get the same creative freedom that Feige got, and ultimate power to greenlighting projects is staying with Zaslav. So for all intents and purposes: Zaslav is the new DC head.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Article on the current status quo at WBD

TL;DR Despite Zaslav saying he wants a Feige, the new DC head isn’t going to get the same creative freedom that Feige got, and ultimate power to greenlighting projects is staying with Zaslav. So for all intents and purposes: Zaslav is the new DC head.
    I'll repeat it till he's gone:

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Zaslav is the worst thing that happened to WB, he should go away and asap. He doesn't care about "revitalizing" Superman or DC. He bs all the time.

Zaslav says WBD not for sale. Take that with a grain of salt. AT&T wasn't going to sell WB until they suddenly put it up for sale. Same for Disney and Fox. WBD is severely cash strapped. The studio needs investors to finance its film projects. Knowing the company will be sold off in a few years drives those investors away. Zaslav had to counter that narrative.

Zaslav is counting on BA doing very well and some projections indicate it will. Around 800 million which would best The Batman. The studio needs the cash flow to advertise The Flash and Aquaman 2. The article states that eventually WBD will put out a full slate of films. The question is when? No mention of DCEU films but don't be surprised if BB gets pushed out to 2024 as WBD has only one other DCEU film set for that year. WBD may announce 2 DCEU films next year for 2025. A Batfleck solo and either Wonder Woman 3 or a Black Adam sequel. The issue around a BA sequel is that Cavill can't film until 2025 so it'd come out in 2026. However, a Black Adam vs Shazam film could come out in 2025 and the general DC fanbase (as well as BA's producers) seem to want Black Adam to fight Shazam as that better fits the continuity.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 09-30-2022 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I'll repeat it till he's gone:
    Don’t agree. I think Hamada’s plan sucked and I’m not sad he’s changing the worst parts of it.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Don’t agree. I think Hamada’s plan sucked and I’m not sad he’s changing the worst parts of it.
    I agree, but we really are splitting hairs with who sucks more.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I agree, but we really are splitting hairs with who sucks more.
    Strictly from a Superman perspective, Hamada is still holding the trump card with his ideas to replace Clark Kent/Kal-El with Coates/Abrams' version and Supergirl. Zaslav has a lot of explaining to do to other fandoms, though.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

What a drag...One chance to get a goldenage pastiche and it's gone..meh!
    I still hope they use ideas from it and retool it somehow...
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

It's safe to say that Duane Johnson has replaced Batfleck as the face of the DCEU. Beyond that the buzz is how much influence will Duane and his company have in planning the DCEU going forward. Could he become WBD's Feige? Will his 7 Bucks Productions have a major place at the table when it comes to mapping the future direction of WB Studios? Some are suggesting that Dany Garcia and her husband could take on the role.

Duane Johnson on becoming WBD's Feige
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 10-13-2022 at 12:38 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    It's safe to say that Duane Johnson has replaced Batfleck as the face of the DCEU. Beyond that the buzz is how much influence will Duane and his company have in planning the DCEU going forward. Could he become WBD's Feige? Will his 7 Bucks Productions have a major place at the table when it comes to mapping the future direction of WB Studios? Some are suggesting that Dany Garcia and her husband could take on the role.

https://twitter.com/variety/status/1580353027461984256
    I wouldn't mind, honestly.