Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I think they'll fight each others just to become uneasy alley at the end vs a common enemy. You know how these type of movies works.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I think they'll fight each others just to become uneasy alley at the end vs a common enemy. You know how these type of movies works.
    Yeah, but I also recall Johnson making it clear that he would only play a character capable of kicking Superman's ass. When you look at his track record of pettiness (I actually like the Rock, FWIW), I'm not surprised this point is being made.

Not really no. Godzilla vs Kong for instance made Godzilla some kind of satanic villain who wanted to kill Kong for no better reason than he's a giant monkey, had him kill Kong so his heart needed restarting, and even when Kong saved Godzilla from Mechagodzilla Godzilla still had to stare Kong down until the monkey dropped his axe in submission as Godzilla's beta bitch. Do we really want Superman to go through something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Yeah, but I also recall Johnson making it clear that he would only play a character capable of kicking Superman's ass. When you look at his track record of pettiness (I actually like the Rock, FWIW), I'm not surprised this point is being made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Not really no. Godzilla vs Kong for instance made Godzilla some kind of satanic villain who wanted to kill Kong for no better reason than he's a giant monkey, had him kill Kong so his heart needed restarting, and even when Kong saved Godzilla from Mechagodzilla Godzilla still had to stare Kong down until the monkey dropped his axe in submission as Godzilla's beta bitch. Do we really want Superman to go through something like that?
    I think Sm will be treated no differently than how the JSA/Hawkman will be treated in the first BA.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hah maybe Cavill didn’t want to come back just to get his ass kicked by the Rock ? Black Adam 2 being an adaption of Superman/Shazam vs. Black Adam could be fun, but no way would the Rock ever allow himself to lose.
    Didn't have any problem losing to Vin Diesel.
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

I think Sm will be treated no differently than how the JSA/Hawkman will be treated in the first BA.
    We haven't seen how that's going to play out yet. Well most of us haven't. Probably very second and weak vs Black Adam.

Worked in our favor with Krypto! Anyone else would’ve made Ace the ultra badass who is the REAL leader with Krypto as the face but the Rock seems to have made sure Krypto is top dog lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Didn't have any problem losing to Vin Diesel.
    Are we sure about that given the bad blood between those two nowadays? Certainly seems to have no desire to ever work with Vin again
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Maybe they can replace Cavill with Vin Diesel as the new cinematic universe Superman?

Worked in our favor with Krypto! Anyone else would’ve made Ace the ultra badass who is the REAL leader with Krypto as the face but the Rock seems to have made sure Krypto is top dog lol
    Good point. Plus, we have a buff Krypto.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'm hoping that this puts the nail in the coffin for Cavill's Superman and we can finally move on with someone new who is hopefully a better actor.
    Well I mean, apparently the rumor is that they kill Cavill off as a baby offscreen in the Flash movie, so you may get your wish about Superman being in a coffin at least. It definitely seems like a winning strategy to "revitalize" Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    Well I mean, apparently the rumor is that they kill Cavill off as a baby offscreen in the Flash movie, so you may get your wish about Superman being in a coffin at least. It definitely seems like a winning strategy to "revitalize" Superman.
    I really don't care about the rumor or old DCEU Supes - I think Cavill's take has too much baggage and is just a dead end now, and his attempts at negotiating a better deal is just holding projects up. I really don't care if they reboot a new Superman into the DCEU ala Keaton or create an out of universe reboot ala Pattinson, I just want a new Superman on screen sooner rather than later.

There seems to be some misreports/confusion about the post credit scene: spoilers:
    it's Waller meeting SM or Waller meeting Black Adam and talk about someone that can stop him (SM). Both case is a BA vs SM setup
    end of spoilers

Damn 2nd/3rd hand infos.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-29-2022 at 10:24 PM.

There seems to be some misreports/confusion about the post credit scene: spoilers:
    it's Waller meeting SM or Waller meeting Black Adam and talk about someone that can stop him (SM). Both case is a BA vs SM setup
    end of spoilers

Damn 2nd/3rd hand infos.
    I'm going to take a double-cynical take and say

1) It's not really foreshadowing any Superman-BA showdown
    2) As I mentioned earlier, Johnson has made it a point that he'd only do a superhero movie if the superhero was capable of beating Superman, and this takes away all of the subtlety

end of spoilers

Damn 2nd/3rd hand infos.
    The second case only comes from AjepArts right? He’s not an insider, not one with any real validity anyway. If they don’t actually explicitly make it Superman however, and in that second case apparently Waller just shows the S-shield, then they may just retcon it to refer to Supergirl. Especially since the Supergirl movie is apparently going to be featuring her fighting Brainiac after all per LUTS.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm going to take a double-cynical take and say

1) It's not really foreshadowing any Superman-BA showdown
    2) As I mentioned earlier, Johnson has made it a point that he'd only do a superhero movie if the superhero was capable of beating Superman, and this takes away all of the subtlety
    He built the whole franchise around that fight with SM, lol.

"So, let's make sure we respect tradition and mythology, but let's not be handcuffed creatively. We can do anything if we keep the audience first," he said. "So to me, there's a battle that's going to go down one day, between Black Adam and Superman. I don't know who that Superman is going to be, and I don't know who's going to play him. That's OK. I don't need to know right now. But I'm confident in knowing that [laughs]. And that's based out of what fans want. We worked backwards from there."
    https://comicbook.com/dc/news/dwayne...-henry-cavill/

The second case only comes from AjepArts right? He’s not an insider, not one with any real validity anyway. If they don’t actually explicitly make it Superman however, and in that second case apparently Waller just shows the S-shield, then they may just retcon it to refer to Supergirl. Especially since the Supergirl movie is apparently going to be featuring her fighting Brainiac after all per LUTS.
    It's not just Ajep. But he has connection with Ritchman. and double check with him.

LUTS has no validity either. He has no proven scoop, just guesses.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-29-2022 at 10:33 PM.