Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Dayum Calle must be beyond impressive as Kara if Batgirl-killing Zaslav likes her performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Dayum Calle must be beyond impressive as Kara if Batgirl-killing Zaslav likes her performance.
    I'm hoping she plays more than emotionally traumatized, gender-flipped, Cavill.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Superman level with 90 Day Fiance.

I want out of this timeline.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

It seems Supergirl has also being cancelled. Quite frankly that makes me very happy.
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

How did "90 Day Fiance" get it's own "universe"?
    Assassinate Putin!

The real question is now who will be Clark? Recast or new actor? I get the feeling the Rock is pushing for Cavill but it depends on if WB can bend the knee since he's not backing down. It does feel like the public is siding with Henry or at least that's what it feels like on social media

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    The real question is now who will be Clark? Recast or new actor? I get the feeling the Rock is pushing for Cavill but it depends on if WB can bend the knee since he's not backing down. It does feel like the public is siding with Henry or at least that's what it feels like on social media
    I doubt Cavill is on the WBD radar. Too much baggage and reports said he was asking for high 8 figures to do a solo. 40 million, 60 million - more? That's crazy.

Beyond that, if this is a 10 year plan they need to cast a young actor. Someone mid - 20s (as Cavill was) who will bring the hope and freshness of youth to the role. There is magic in that. Watch STM where Reeve and Kidder were late 20s. Their youth added a verve and an innocence to the film. Then watch Superman IV. Reeve is about Cavill's age at that point and so is Kidder. Totally different feel. There is almost a tiredness to S4 that is not in STM and part of it is the absent youth factor. A mid-20s Clark is perfect for starting in a role that will span a decade. At that point the actor will be 5 years younger than Cavill is now. Casting a young Superman doesn't mean having to do an origin story. It should be a story about Superman early in his career.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 08-04-2022 at 06:04 PM.

I hope Cavill comes back but if a recast is needed to finally have a Superman movie I'm game. (As long as it's not Tyler H)
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.

I think the Flash movie is going to end with new actors casted as DCEU Batman and Superman. Affleck is not sticking around for another 10 years, and Zaslav isn’t the type of guy to give Cavill the money he wants. You get the Flash rebooting everything and get new young actors in your shared universe to play the big roles, which is what Zaslav wants.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think the Flash movie is going to end with new actors casted as DCEU Batman and Superman. Affleck is not sticking around for another 10 years, and Zaslav isn’t the type of guy to give Cavill the money he wants. You get the Flash rebooting everything and get new young actors in your shared universe to play the big roles, which is what Zaslav wants.
    They could always settle for a share of the box office. If the movie is a hit he gets paid big.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    How did "90 Day Fiance" get it's own "universe"?
    Did you miss Crisis of Infinite Fiances? They set it up pretty well, I'll give them that.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

How WBD works out a 10 year plan opens up questions. Will Bats, WW, Supes, Aquaman, BA get trilogies? Or will there be tweaks. WW3 is in development under the new regime. Will it effectively count as WW1 in the WBD DCEU? Same applies to Aquaman and Shazam and Joker. Does MOS count as film one with the first DCEU Superman being film 2? Add in GL and Flash and that's 24 films in ten years. Presumably they'd have spinoffs so add in another 8 films so 30 films in ten years. A heavy lift at 3 films/year but Marvel has done it. Can WBD mange to do t?
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 08-04-2022 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

To be fair, Batman and Wonder Woman are there too

I honestly think we need a younger Superman. I like Cavill but we need to start fresh.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I don't see this Zaslov agreeing to Cavill's terms being the penny pincher that he is. The previous regime didn't agree to it. I doubt Zaslov would either. Cavill may have just priced himself out of the market.
    Assassinate Putin!