Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I don't think the Flash needs any major reshoots to address the Superman situation. The way the movie end, it raises questions without providing answers and leave to other movies the duty to fill the gaps, and explain wtf is going on.

Kara's backstory and what's up with Clark are left for the Supergirl solo to address. After Kara's movie will be officially announced, it's likely we'll get also casting announcements, and know who's going to play Supes, Cavill or another actor. This is not up to the Flash movie.

Anyway, in the last scene of the Flash, they could insert in post-production a billboard in the background with Superman on it to shut up those speculations around the character. It would cost 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Warner Bros. Discovery Puts Pressure on J.J. Abrams

J.J. Abrams’ Demimonde, the first show the prolific producer has written since Fringe in 2008, is on the bubble at HBO as sources say Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav is frustrated by the lack of output from Bad Robot’s $250 million overall deal.

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that the budget for HBO’s Demimonde — which has been in the works since 2018 — is a source of contention as Abrams’ Bad Robot is eyeing a spend that’s north of $200 million. By comparison, the budget for HBO’s upcoming Game of Thrones prequel House of the Dragon is less than $200 million.

A decision on whether the sci-fi drama Demimonde will move forward is expected to come this week. The series cast Station Eleven and Watchmen alum Danielle Deadwyler in April and sources say studio Warner Bros. TV has reviewed 10 of the eight scripts for the drama that landed at HBO with a straight-to-series order two weeks after being shopped to buyers.

Bad Robot’s rich overall deal with Warner Bros. Discovery is currently not in jeopardy though the lack of output has created a larger discussion about what the newly merged company expects to stem from the pact. Zaslav, sources say, was frustrated with the lack of delivery from the deal that was signed back in September 2019 after Abrams and Bad Robot met with suitors including Apple as they shopped for a rich new pact.

Abrams has multiple projects in the works under the company-wide deal, with Demimonde joining an adult animated Batman series that reunites Abrams with his Felicity collaborator and friend Matt Reeves (who is behind The Batman feature film). Abrams and Bad Robot are also working on originals including HBO Max’s Subject to Change. Both of those dramas are based on original ideas from Abrams and have formal series orders. Abrams is directing the pilot for Demimonde, which has already changed showrunners. Other projects include a U2 scripted series that the studio is producing for Netflix, Apple’s Presumed Innocent and crime drama Duster for HBO Max as the production company Abrams runs with partner (and wife) Katie McGrath is also behind HBO Max’s DC Comics-based Justice League Dark franchise, which features shows including Constantine and Madame X.

Sources say the DC Comics properties have also come under the spotlight. Sources suggest there is some frustration within the halls of Warner Bros. Discovery that Abrams has laid claim to a number of DC characters but has yet to get anything on the air. Sources note Warners has seen scripts for Constantine and the pilot of Madame X.

Meanwhile, the lack of delivery on content to HBO and HBO Max has created a pipeline issue for both the premium cable network and streamer, make it challenging to plan for budgets for things like marketing. There’s currently no delivery plan for any of Bad Robot’s multiple projects for WBD platforms or for third-party buyers. Abrams, it’s worth noting, is working on a new Star Trek movie for rival studio Paramount Global as the Warners pact was did not include exclusivity.

In a larger sense, Zaslav is putting all of the studio’s overall deals under the microscope as he looks to trim $3 billion from the newly merged Warner Bros. Discovery. Other rich pacts at the studio include Greg Berlanti’s $400 million deal, of which Warners has already seen scores of shows and movies debut on linear and streaming platforms.

Bad Robot, it’s worth noting, has been rapidly expanding into divisions including gaming and podcasting.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...ms-1235153965/
    Just copying what Last Son posted over in the DC films thread since it seems to fit in with this thread as well. My guess is Abrams future is riding on that JLD stuff, if it flops he’s out, and even then they may decide to take some of his DC toys away from him, including Superman. I certainly hope so.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Abrams' Superman project was originally someone else's project. I think it was around 2018 that Cavill was fired from the Superman role by WB and MBJ was in talks to play Clark Kent. At the time, WB was done with the shared universe and looked to reboot most properties (like Reeves' BM) and focus on standalone movies. MBJ wasn't interested to play a racebent Clark and wanted to change the project into a Calvin Ellis or Val-Zod SM movie, and WB decided to give it to Abrams to carry on the original idea. Definitely, an Afro-american Superman (or Afro-kryptonian?) was something WB wanted.

We'll see if the new WBD management will scrap it to tie back to the main DCEU any eventual SM related project.

This situation just shows WB is completely retarded. This is hard guys. A Superman movies shouldn't be this hard.

Astonishing Member

To be honest, I don't get Abrams situation at all.
    Three years. 250 million dollars. And... Nothing. Just nothing. Absolutely no progress with either the JLD projects or Superman. What can we say, if there is no cast, no directors, no screenplay, no even approximate release dates. Not to mention, after Star Wars, trusting Abrams with any big franchise is just an unnecessary risk. This is incredible incompetence on the part of the previous management.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    This situation just shows WB is completely retarded. This is hard guys. A Superman movies shouldn't be this hard.
    It's not hard for people who still have even just a glimmer of their child-soul left. It's incredibly hard for pessimistic, nihilistic, edge-lord cynics like WB execs and people like Nolan, Goyer, and Snyder.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    To be honest, I don't get Abrams situation at all.
    Three years. 250 million dollars. And... Nothing. Just nothing. Absolutely no progress with either the JLD projects or Superman. What can we say, if there is no cast, no directors, no screenplay, no even approximate release dates. Not to mention, after Star Wars, trusting Abrams with any big franchise is just an unnecessary risk. This is incredible incompetence on the part of the previous management.
    Fans whinge but most of Abrams projects have been some level of successful, have they not?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

It's obvious that Warners has been a **** show from the top down for a while now. On the one hand, I don't like the idea that a penny pincher is running the place. On the other hand, I'm glad somebody is finally kicking them in the butt and saying "get to work". I really don't want Abrams anywhere near Superman. Hopefully they take it away from him.
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    It's obvious that Warners has been a **** show from the top down for a while now. On the one hand, I don't like the idea that a penny pincher is running the place. On the other hand, I'm glad somebody is finally kicking them in the butt and saying "get to work". I really don't want Abrams anywhere near Superman. Hopefully they take it away from him.
    Same here. Abrams didn't get Superman wayyy back when he pitched "Flyby" and he doesn't get him now if he's producing a race-swapped Clark Kent.

I've said it a hundred times and I'll say it again: why doesn't WB go to Brad Bird? I can't think of anyone else who could make a faithful and fun Superman movie that would easily break a billion at the box office. I'd also love to see a Sam Raimi Superman film, but I doubt he's up for that anytime soon.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Brent View Post
    Same here. Abrams didn't get Superman wayyy back when he pitched "Flyby" and he doesn't get him now if he's producing a race-swapped Clark Kent.

I've said it a hundred times and I'll say it again: why doesn't WB go to Brad Bird? I can't think of anyone else who could make a faithful and fun Superman movie that would easily break a billion at the box office. I'd also love to see a Sam Raimi Superman film, but I doubt he's up for that anytime soon.
    Have you seen Tomorrowland?

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I need Bruce Campbell in a Superman film in some way, shape, or form.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Jor-El, maybe? Pa Kent?

Jor-El, maybe? Pa Kent?
    Pa Kent: Son did i ever tell you about the time i took my old sweetheart, before I met your mother, out into a cabin the woods? Man what a night....heh....ended up in the Middle Ages somehow had to turn my Oldsmobile Delta 88 into a war time machine. What I'm trying to say Clark is shop smart shop S-mart

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    The Prankster!

He'd never do it. I went to an Evil Dead 2 screening hosted by him and he was asked about being in a Marvel movie and he really, really hates the idea. This was many years ago, and he seemingly only did Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness because Sam Raimi was doing it. In his own words, he likes acting on sets with people, not green screens and mini takes.

Campbell didn't mince words. He doesn't seem to have any interest in Marvel (and I infer DC, who I don't figure would pay more). It took his long-time friend and collaborator to get him to do a cameo, and that seems to be as far as he wants to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    Pa Kent: Son did i ever tell you about the time i took my old sweetheart, before I met your mother, out into a cabin the woods? Man what a night....heh....ended up in the Middle Ages somehow had to turn my Oldsmobile Delta 88 into a war time machine. What I'm trying to say Clark is shop smart shop S-mart
    Pa: Clark, why are you letting Batman run the Justice League?

Clark: Leading means a lot to him, Pa--

Pa: Batman can't lead but two things, Robin and ****, and Robin left the Batcave.
    Last edited by Robanker; 05-28-2022 at 05:27 PM.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

How does Abram's company get paid $250 million and not show anything for it? Seriously, that's some major oversight.