Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nah rumor is he’s supposed to be the villain for the Supergirl movie. Still might be.
    That qualifies for my "something stupid like that" statement.

Of brainiac is the villain in a Supergirl movie then I want superman to show back up and help her save the day by the end of the movie
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

I'm tired of the MCU "must watch everything!!!!" model. I haven't seen the first Disney+ show. I haven't seen Shang Chi. I haven't seen the last Spider-Man. And honestly? I'm not sure I even want to. I've long said that the MCU is tonally the same film movie after movie. DC becoming the exact same thing isn't appealing. I loved Joker. I loved The Batman. I miss the old way of doing things, where movies were allowed to stand on their own. As much as I love the genre, if DC ever manages to pull off the exact same thing and become another MCU? I might just give superhero movies up honestly. I love superheroes, but the genre needs variety. It can't all be PG 13 quippy CGI-filled action comedies. And if it is? Well, y'all have fun with that, because I'm just not feeling that for every single superhero movie. A majority, sure. But not all of them. I already have one MCU, and I'm burned out on it. I don't need another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'm tired of the MCU "must watch everything!!!!" model. I haven't seen the first Disney+ show. I haven't seen Shang Chi. I haven't seen the last Spider-Man. And honestly? I'm not sure I even want to. I've long said that the MCU is tonally the same film movie after movie. DC becoming the exact same thing isn't appealing. I loved Joker. I loved The Batman. I miss the old way of doing things, where movies were allowed to stand on their own. As much as I love the genre, if DC ever manages to pull off the exact same thing and become another MCU? I might just give superhero movies up honestly. I love superheroes, but the genre needs variety. It can't all be PG 13 quippy CGI-filled action comedies. And if it is? Well, y'all have fun with that, because I'm just not feeling that for every single superhero movie. A majority, sure. But not all of them. I already have one MCU, and I'm burned out on it. I don't need another one.

I would agree with all thst, but for that i think the variety you want and DC needs in their movies can still be accomplished with small strategically placed Easter eggs of binging to a larger DCMU, one that could belong together, but doesmt have too.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    I would agree with all thst, but for that i think the variety you want and DC needs in their movies can still be accomplished with small strategically placed Easter eggs of binging to a larger DCMU, one that could belong together, but doesmt have too.
    I agree that variety and a shared universe could exist - but I don't believe that they will. The fact we have R Rated films in the DCEU at all is a fluke of the big movies failing and WB throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks. They start chasing the MCU again all that's going to change, and stuff like Peacemaker will disappear. Again, it can all coexist, but we know damn good and well that it won't. If I were to list my favorite DC films, I probably wouldn't have any DCEU in my top ten. Going back to the era before Joker, before The Batman, and before the R Rated DCEU, where I was just watching The Dark Knight constantly and wishing that WB never attempted to make a cinematic universe isn't very enticing.

To the poster who keeps saying everyone wants a shared universe only approach, I think that "everyone" doesn't mean what you think it means, to paraphrase The Princess Bride.

Just because Marvel went a certain way with their shared universe doesmt mean DC needs to, they can easily have foul mouthed killers on the screen with G rated light hearted heroes, atleast in small doses, if they know how to walk the line, a character doesmt need to stay in that exact mold the whole time, most characters don't full time anyway.

I think one of the nice things about the cinematic universe was that it originally was a rather simplified, easy-to-digest, accessible version of the heroes. You didn't need to read all these back issues to get the full story, which was the opposite of the comics. MCU has decided to ditch its accessibility in favor of volume of content. That's probably great if you have have the time and desire to watch hours and hours of content on D+, but I'm just not interested in some of the stories (and let's face it, almost no Marvel comic book reader has every Marvel book on the pull list). I also am not pleased with the decompressed storytelling that the TV shows often use (I'm looking at you, Wandavision...), and I don't like how to get the full story you often have to watch something seemingly unrelated.

Just because Marvel went a certain way with their shared universe doesmt mean DC needs to, they can easily have foul mouthed killers on the screen with G rated light hearted heroes, atleast in small doses, if they know how to walk the line, a character doesmt need to stay in that exact mold the whole time, most characters don't full time anyway.
    Again, just because we know logically it doesn't have to mean DC goes the same way, we all know that the chances of them not are slim to none. There's odds that the next time I play the lottery I'll win big and become a multimillionaire, but it's not very likely. A DC that's laser focused on the shared universe again but also still providing me with the wild variety I'm enjoying is like lottery odds, I wouldn't count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I think one of the nice things about the cinematic universe was that it originally was a rather simplified, easy-to-digest, accessible version of the heroes. You didn't need to read all these back issues to get the full story, which was the opposite of the comics. MCU has decided to ditch its accessibility in favor of volume of content. That's probably great if you have have the time and desire to watch hours and hours of content on D+, but I'm just not interested in some of the stories (and let's face it, almost no Marvel comic book reader has every Marvel book on the pull list). I also am not pleased with the decompressed storytelling that the TV shows often use (I'm looking at you, Wandavision...), and I don't like how to get the full story you often have to watch something seemingly unrelated.
    Agreed. The shared universe was great leading up to the Avengers. Close to thirty movies later it's just too much. And that most of them feel like the same movie to me. The superhero genre is so wonderfully varied in the books, cartoons, I just wish that the films were as varied as well. And that knowing what is happening wasn't predicated on having watched the movies before it, or worse now, the shows.

Again, just because we know logically it doesn't have to mean DC goes the same way, we all know that the chances of them not are slim to none. There's odds that the next time I play the lottery I'll win big and become a multimillionaire, but it's not very likely. A DC that's laser focused on the shared universe again but also still providing me with the wild variety I'm enjoying is like lottery odds, I wouldn't count on it.

So it's your faith in WBD /DC more for you, which is understandable, they suck on many levels.

But

They could turn it around with the write creative ppl leading the movies.

Honestly, they *could* have a best of both worlds thing, if they wanted; they make stand-alone movies half the time and some that are in a shared universe and connected. Then, you have some movies where the standalone and the shared universes connect (Crisis on Multiple Earths), then they go back to separate films. What's nice about that is that those who enjoy a shared universe get that, and those who don't get that, too. Something for everybody.

Not that WB is that smart, but it's a thing they could do.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Honestly, they *could* have a best of both worlds thing, if they wanted; they make stand-alone movies half the time and some that are in a shared universe and connected. Then, you have some movies where the standalone and the shared universes connect (Crisis on Multiple Earths), then they go back to separate films. What's nice about that is that those who enjoy a shared universe get that, and those who don't get that, too. Something for everybody.

Yep, I actually liked it when the CW had the HBO max shows show up for a couple seconds and ezra(the shithead) showed up with Grant.

I personally would love to see Conner meet the brothers on superman and lois

Yep, I actually liked it when the CW had the HBO max shows show up for a couple seconds and ezra(the shithead) showed up with Grant.

I personally would love to see Conner meet the brothers on superman and lois
    Same - it really gave the CW's Crisis story a greater sense of scope. And absolutely, Conner on S&L would be amazing!
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

So it's your faith in WBD /DC more for you, which is understandable, they suck on many levels.

But

They could turn it around with the write creative ppl leading the movies.
    Anything is possible - but when all they're putting out that I genuinely enjoy is their out of universe or their R Rated stuff, and we get word that they intend to cut down on the first kind of film to refocus on the shared universe, and that the renewed focus probably means the end of the second kind of film, it's understandable why I might be apprehensive about what they're future films will be. I get that they still want that MCU money, but I really don't want another MCU when I'm already feeling burnt out on the actual MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post

Kind of said it all right there. I wouldn't complain at all if I knew that we'd still get out of universe films like Joker and The Batman, shows like Stargirl and Superman & Lois and Doom Patrol, and R Rated fare like Peacemaker and The Suicide Squad and BoP among all the family friendly PG13 shared MCU-lite films. I'd honestly would love that approach, it makes so much sense to me and is genuinely something that I would love to see attempted. But it's not something that I am going to hold out hope for.