Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    How does Abram's company get paid $250 million and not show anything for it? Seriously, that's some major oversight.
    AT&T didn’t know how to run a content company, their solution was to just throw money at the problem.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

This whole issue with Superman. Shouldn't be a thing. Marvel found a way to make Thor work.why can't they do the same for a character with 80 years worth of stories?

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    This whole issue with Superman. Shouldn't be a thing. Marvel found a way to make Thor work.why can't they do the same for a character with 80 years worth of stories?
    Simple: all their focus is on Batman. They don't trust Diana too much, but they want more adaptation thanks to the 2017 movie. Clark? He's like that sloppy seconds right now to WB.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Because they keep trying to "fix" him. He's not "dark" enough or something stupid like that. I hope the popularity of S&L is sending a message that he can work fine as is.
    Assassinate Putin!

I actually think the super pets movie and the multiversus game will bring in a lot of new ppl to see a good superman that isn't a **** version. those 2 plus superman and lois are good ways to bring ppl back to the king of comics
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

This belong in this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    DC stuck at a crossroads

Whether or not Hamada remains in charge at DC Films, Zaslav will have to determine how to move the superhero franchise forward. Under Emmerich and Hamada’s leadership, the studio has finished production on “The Flash,” a film that, according to insiders, will reset the DC universe going forward. However, that film doesn’t arrive for another year and is currently in post-production.

If Hamada departs, DC Films would be going through its third overhaul in just six years since Geoff Johns and Jon Berg first replaced former production chief Greg Silverman, with them in turn being replaced by Hamada. As part of Zaslav’s restructuring, the new head of DC will not only manage the film side of the imprint, but television and publishing as well. It would be a tall order for any executive, as even Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige had to find blockbuster success at the box office first before being given the chance to tackle publishing.

What could the new DC plan be going forward? Will the new DC Chief follow the plan laid out by “The Flash” movie or start something new altogether?

“If anything they’ll go back to individual movies unless De Luca has some plan,” according to a DC insider. “They need to get a f—ing Superman movie off the ground, and if the plan is a shared universe, a [Henry] Cavill-led Superman needs to be the focal point.”

The DC insider added that Zaslav’s team “should scratch every Superman project in development and start fresh with Cavill.

https://www.thewrap.com/warner-bros-...keup-analysis/
    Translation: there's no plan till DC will get its "Feige".
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-02-2022 at 06:09 AM.

Hamada is almost certainly going to be out the door just like Emmerich was once Zaslov gets his DC guy, but I doubt Cavill will be back. The Flash erases him from the shared universe and it would be an easier task to just start from scratch like they did with Pattinson. Current Superman projects will likely be scrapped and the new guy will be the one to decide what Superman’s future will be.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Translation: there's no plan till DC will get its "Feige".
    Which is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hamada is almost certainly going to be out the door just like Emmerich was once Zaslov gets his DC guy, but I doubt Cavill will be back.
    Looking that way from where I'm sitting. Can't say I'd be too beat up about it. I got nothing against Hamada, or anyone else who may be responsible for this mess. It's gotta be a difficult job, doing what they do. And I don't know anything about these people or how the company operates internally. Maybe they're really good at other parts of the gig. But when it comes to DC, it's mostly been a miss. Time for new ideas.

Cavill is a real loss, that man could have been a definitive Superman. But at this point a clean break might be for the best. Once the few remaining good bits of the DCEU have been used up anyway (maybe while they hunt down a Fiege and put a plan in motion).

The Flash erases him from the shared universe and it would be an easier task to just start from scratch like they did with Pattinson. Current Superman projects will likely be scrapped and the new guy will be the one to decide what Superman’s future will be.
    I agree starting over is best, but at this point it's better if nobody cares what The Flash, or any other DCEU film, establish or do. If the plan is to start over, then don't halfass it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

That'd be something if they picked the upcoming Flash movie as a definitive (re)starting point for the DCEU and it bombed. I kind of hope that WB/Disc treat this movie the way Disney treated the Dark Phoenix movie: it's a remnant of the past regime and they won't (necessarily; it might be surprisingly good...) use it as an unimpeachable starting point for the direction moving forward.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Didn't see this posted yet:

https://www.supermanhomepage.com/rum...-henry-cavill/

According to TheWrap.com, Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav is reshaping the studio’s plans, with Superman a focal point for the studio.

Veteran studio chief Toby Emmerich was moved on earlier this week, with Zaslav clearly pulling the strings moving forward, and according to TheWrap’s DC insider, Zaslav has instructed his team to “scratch every Superman project in development and start fresh with Cavill.”

Reportedly, Zaslav wants to get a Superman movie off the ground, with Henry Cavill the focal point of any plans to create a shared universe of DC characters beyond that.

From what we knew, Ta-Nehisi Coates was writing a script for a J.J. Abrams produced Superman movie that was supposed to be all about a black Kal-El/Clark Kent, while Darnell Metayer & Josh Peters were writing a script for Michael B. Jordan’s “Val Zod” project for HBO Max. Whether both of these Superman-related projects are still happening remains to be seen.

Note: This likely wouldn’t have any impact on the “Superman & Lois” TV Series currently airing on The CW, which has already been renewed for a third season.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

So coates superman project is scrated?did they eveb read the script?i hope if it ain't being made it leaks.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    So coates superman project is scrated?did they eveb read the script?i hope if it ain't being made it leaks.
    Well, it's just a rumor. Hard to say what to believe anymore as it relates to Cavill continuing or not continuing as Superman, although The Wrap is somewhat reliable.

I have read that WB is pretty frustrated with the lack of return on their investment in Bad Robot and that Coates did not submit the script he was working on by some established deadline, but a late script isn't necessarily unusual in Hollywood.

Spectacular Member

If this is true this will be the best news in years. Cavill at the start of a Superman revitalization? HELL YES!