Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Well, it's just a rumor. Hard to say what to believe anymore as it relates to Cavill continuing or not continuing as Superman, although The Wrap is somewhat reliable.

I have read that WB is pretty frustrated with the lack of return on their investment in Bad Robot and that Coates did not submit the script he was working on by some established deadline, but a late script isn't necessarily unusual in Hollywood.
    Just for the record the Wrap reported that an insider thinks they should drop the other Superman projects and focus on Cavill, but isn’t saying they will. However all of the previous guys who were supporting Abrams & Coates (and I guess MBJ assuming that was even really going to happen) are being pushed out. Kilar is gone, Sarnoff is gone, Emmerich is gone, Hamada seems set to depart once Zaslov finds his DC guy. Those projects will likely die because the supporters in the WB hierarchy left, same how Snyder got pushed out once all the execs in his corner left too.

But that doesn’t really mean that Cavill will return unless the new DC head decides they want Cavill back. I guess maybe if Black Adam is a huge success and the Rock pushes to have Superman be given to him it could happen, but otherwise I think the new DC guy will just put together a new Superman project from scratch.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Just for the record the Wrap reported that an insider thinks they should drop the other Superman projects and focus on Cavill, but isn’t saying they will. However all of the previous guys who were supporting Abrams & Coates (and I guess MBJ assuming that was even really going to happen) are being pushed out. Kilar is gone, Sarnoff is gone, Emmerich is gone, Hamada seems set to depart once Zaslov finds his DC guy. Those projects will likely die because the supporters in the WB hierarchy left, same how Snyder got pushed out once all the execs in his corner left too.

But that doesn’t really mean that Cavill will return unless the new DC head decides they want Cavill back. I guess maybe if Black Adam is a huge success and the Rock pushes to have Superman be given to him it could happen, but otherwise I think the new DC guy will just put together a new Superman project from scratch.
    I've gone back and forth on this over the last couplle of years in terms of whether I want Cavill to come back as Superman or not. You would almost have to soft boot things (similar to what they did with Thor in RAGNAROK) to make it work with audiences because there's been so much time and turmoil between movies. But I do think there are plenty of fans who want to give Cavill another shot in a more optimistic and fun film than what Snyder produced.

Joseph Kosinski should direct with Cavill in the lead. As the poster above pointed out a semi-reboot like Thor Ragnarok is what is needed, there’s no need to start over.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Warner's strategy with Flash seems to be just kind of hope Miller doesn't get into anymore trouble:

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/e...sh-1235277665/
    Assassinate Putin!

What else can they do? It's not like they can recast at this stage or cancel the movie.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Ezra Miller needs to sober up and apologize.

Ezra Miller needs to sober up, apologize, and take like two or three years off of acting, minimum, to work on their mental health. That's what I say.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

At this point I think it's better to reboot Superman. WB f*cked up their chances with Cavill.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

The Rock did say he would love to have Black Adam fight Superman, and then there’s that picture he posted of him and Cavill having dinner a few years back. I wouldn’t put it past him to be the one to save Supes from getting erased in the new DCEU.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Ezra Miller needs to sober up, apologize, and take like two or three years off of acting, minimum, to work on their mental health. That's what I say.
    He should just be fired

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    He should just be fired
    Well first of all: they. I get so irritated: just because someone is a mentally unhinged violent jerk doesn't mean we just use whatever fucking pronouns we want for them. Getting your pronouns respected isn't a Special Privilege, a reward for Good Behavior. No, it's your identity, and a part of basic human dignity. The kind of basic human dignity you still get even if you wind up in prison.

Which to be fair, is a place I think Miller will probably go if they don't take time off to work on themself.

All that said, one way or another, I definitely fundamentally agree: Ezra Miller should be out of the Flash role after the immediate movie comes out. If they apologize and work on themself, it would be unhealthy to keep in the role, and they won't have time for it. And if they don't focus on their mental health, then they're probably gonna land they ass in jail.
    Last edited by Adekis; 06-05-2022 at 05:48 PM.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

It seems more like the atmosphere of work in WB studios is not the best oone with all these situations. We must admit than Disney had a tigher control over their workers.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Well first of all: they. I get so irritated: just because someone is a mentally unhinged violent jerk doesn't mean we just use whatever fucking pronouns we want for them. Getting your pronouns respected isn't a Special Privilege, a reward for Good Behavior. No, it's your identity, and a part of basic human dignity. The kind of basic human dignity you still get even if you wind up in prison.
    I'm not Prime, but to be fair as someone who pays no attention to Ezra outside of their role as the Flash, I had no idea what the preferred pronouns were.

Sometimes it just might be better when it comes to this pronoun stuff if people follow the old adage about ignorance and malice in regards to intentions.

I sometimes wonder if Hollywood studios should write character clauses into actors' contracts the way pro sports do with athletes, but the cynical side of me tells me it's unreasonable to expect Hollywood people (actors, directors, producers, etc.) to act to the not-so-high standard the pro sports world has for its high-level personnel.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    I'm not Prime, but to be fair as someone who pays no attention to Ezra outside of their role as the Flash, I had no idea what the preferred pronouns were.

Sometimes it just might be better when it comes to this pronoun stuff if people follow the old adage about ignorance and malice in regards to intentions.
    A lot of articles still use regular male pronouns so I don't blame Prime.
    "Cable was right!"