Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Honeyed words. I'll believe the finished product.
    Same.

Give us ONE honest to goodness fun Superman movie and maybe I'll start believing them. Super-Pets seems to be the closest we've gotten since '78, and even that feels like it could be simply okay.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Same.

Give us ONE honest to goodness fun Superman movie and maybe I'll start believing them. Super-Pets seems to be the closest we've gotten since '78, and even that feels like it could be simply okay.
    You didn't see the leaked script where Ace has to fight Krypto and gives him a chocolate-laced Kryptobiscuit and adopts a chinchilla he names John instead of a Robin?
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I don't necessarily think so. I think it just applies to the DCEU. Joker was a moneymaker. And there's already a sequel in the works. Peacemaker was incredibly popular. I doubt they'll stop out of continuity projects if they make money.
    Peacemaker wasn't out of continuity. I like DC in part for their out of continuity films recently, and in part for their variety of age ratings in continuity. I like that you can have family friendly Shazam and Peacemaker all in continuity too.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

As others have said, I will believe it when I actually see it. I've heard the term "revitalizing Superman" several times over the last 20 years...and it doesn't stick.

That being said, it is at least slightly encouraging someone at the top of the company and not just someone at DC comics that isn't just content with letting DC become just Batman and friends, and actively attempting to phase the classic Clark Kent Superman out of the universe his creation is the linchpin of.

As of late with the promotion of Jon Kent as the main Superman instead of his father in the comics and then all the rumors of Kal-El being literally erased and replaced by a variation of Supergirl on the film side...it was starting to feel dire to say the least. I'm hoping this trend is put to a halt and the course corrected in short order.

Of course that could just mean Zazlov thinks they need to fundamentally completely change Superman to be more "cool" like Batman , which has been WBs modus operandi since the early 2000s at least and this ultimately ends up at the same place it always does...but for the moment there seems to be some hope.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 04-15-2022 at 05:36 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

From what I understand the whole point of this entire article is just pointing out what would happen when Batman finally fails.

Pros: They admit they messed up with Superman, addressing the elephant in the room

Cons: Still no concrete plan

Find what works in every incarnation of superman and mix it in to a new superman going forward. Christopher reeve and Henry Cavill are 2 totally different Supermen, but if you find what works with both and use the good stuff you could possibly make a great new version of him. Their problem is they keep swinging all the way in one direction then the other instead, so you only see drastic changes in superman, instead of what we should see
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Hoping that this means that The Batman did not destroyed Phoenix Joker chances to return as I heard before.

I know that this is more about Superman but... I lost any hope in Sups Cavil or Batfleck return

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

At the very least, the signal of acknowledgement that Superman has been neglected in WB's plans is a positive. I don't want any kind of film universe with a giant S-shaped hole in it.

I'm cool with Cavill coming back or planning a whole new reboot once this era of the DCEU phases out.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Pros: They admit they messed up with Superman, addressing the elephant in the room

Cons: Still no concrete plan
    It will be a while before we get any concrete plans simply because they only just completed the merger. Optimistically we won’t have to wait too long.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It will be a while before we get any concrete plans simply because they only just completed the merger. Optimistically we won’t have to wait too long.
    Yeah, this is one of those "believe it when you see it" situations considering the decades of underperformance with Superman, so as far as I'm concerned, all of the *talk* in the world isn't going to get me excited until we actually see a good movie. But at least having enough awareness to know they've screwed up is a start. With the prior regime, I would pessimistically feel like they feel the only mistake they made with Superman was not pair him with Batman enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its just unfortunate where we're in an era right now where the question must be asked: Which Superman? Superman-Superman or goofy alternatives? But I guess even then, we've heard this bluster before minus any tangible results.

Also I'm guessing this won't have much impact on the comics either. Seems like that medium will be left to continue to languish.
    It should be a hero who is capable, ethical, compassionate, kind and of the people. No edge lord stuff, no bully crap, no modern 'shirking responsibility' crap, and for the love of all that is holy no ScreenSaver 2 villains or PS2 cutscene effects for powers.

They should follow the perfect formula exhibited by the (1st two entries of the) Blade franchise where when we first meet him he's totally the Man, confident capable and handling business, encounters a challenge and overcomes through the use of all his attributes.

The 2nd movie can see him truly handed his keister for the first time, but he gets up, dusts, himself off and figures it out.

Supes can absolutely work in a world like THE BATMAN or even Nolanverse where that silly cycle would still be the most unbelievable thing (wheels don't do that). WW certainly can and John Byrne left a fully realized blue print for how to mine the tensions between her design and a modern world.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Supes can absolutely work in a world like THE BATMAN or even Nolanverse where that silly cycle would still be the most unbelievable thing (wheels don't do that). WW certainly can and John Byrne left a fully realized blue print for how to mine the tensions between her design and a modern world.
    What does The Batman or the Nolanverse have to do with anything here?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

They are just words so far. But it feels already better than some years ago (around BvS release), I think it was Roven saying something like a SM movie is not a priority, we have Cyborg and these other movies on our slate up to 2020 that are our priority now.