Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Flash won’t be canned, but it is currently undated (as in they don’t have a release date for it yet)

At best maybe they’ll reshoot the ending to keep Affleck and Cavill but they aren’t tossing the film entirely
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Rolling Stone is reporting Zaslav will reserve DC projects for theatrical release and not streaming. Also, Joker 2 just got a release date - October 2024 and THR is reporting both Aquaman2 and Shazam 2 may be pushed back. Aquaman 2 is key. Will Batfleck get an even bigger role? Is Aquaman 2 setting up to be an event film? Zaslav has apparently not seen BB stuff, so its fate is TBD. WBD loves Calle as Supergirl. No matter the Ezra stuff and all. She will be used going forward. As a supporting role in WW3 or whatever and then move onto a solo. Batman and specifically Affleck's version will be used to build the new DCEU. Social media blew up for days after the Mamoa leak was confirmed. More than Gal, more than Jason and even more than Johnson, fans want Batfleck and WBD/Zaslov knows that.

The HBO Max stuff is a bit overblown. There is a consolidation going on. HBO Max folded into Discovery Plus. Not to worry about S&L at this point as long as ratings stay strong. Maybe Zaslov announces the name of the merged HBO Max and Discovery Plus on Thursday's shareholder call. Note Batgirl was canned just days before that call.

On top of which Snyder is out there - hanging around the buffet table. He was asked shortly after getting his Netflix deal about JL and his vision. Was it over - he indicated no. Affleck back, Snyder and Affleck having fleshed out the JL trilogy? Snyder on good terms with the new regime. Will Aquaman2 maybe set up a Snyder JL? Zaslav wants JL and Snyder wants to complete his vision. It sounds crazy but the stars may be aligning.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 08-03-2022 at 08:19 PM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    MAWS was made for Cartoon Network as well as HBO so I think it will survive. Well that and it’s a Superman project. If anything is going to survive it will be the Superman and Batman stuff.
    Whew!

This is the one I was most worried about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    On top of which Snyder is out there - hanging around the buffet table. He was asked shortly after getting his Netflix deal about JL and his vision. Was it over - he indicated no. Affleck back, Snyder and Affleck having fleshed out the JL trilogy? Snyder on good terms with the new regime. Will Aquaman2 maybe set up a Snyder JL? Zaslav wants JL and Snyder wants to complete his vision. It sounds crazy but the stars may be aligning.
    IF Snyder is back in, then I think having Superman nowhere to be seen will be dodging a bullet, frankly. He shouldn't be allowed within 500 feet of Superman. But I honestly don't see how Zaslav would want him; the man can't make a 2/2.5hour picture to save his arse, and anything much beyond that is cutting into repeat viewing potential. Not to mention that he's the reason the DCEU has the reputation is has.

I have the feeling that Snyder sees it as advertising to say that his vision is never done - it keeps those fans in his camp and supporting his other projects in the meantime from the sense of loyalty. But WB actually bringing him back....? Yikes. If there's a person besides WB who should be blamed for Superman's current situation, it's him.
    Last edited by JAK; 08-04-2022 at 04:33 AM.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

If Rolling Stones has to be believed, Snyder ain't coming back anytime soon:

"In a telling sign of how far the studio is looking to distance itself from Snyder, a source says documentary filmmaker Leslie Iwerks recently asked to license clips from the 2021 Justice League for a film on the history of DC and was told there is only one Justice League: the 2017 incarnation."

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv-movi...-bros-1392407/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    If Rolling Stones has to be believed, Snyder ain't coming back anytime soon:

"In a telling sign of how far the studio is looking to distance itself from Snyder, a source says documentary filmmaker Leslie Iwerks recently asked to license clips from the 2021 Justice League for a film on the history of DC and was told there is only one Justice League: the 2017 incarnation."

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv-movi...-bros-1392407/
    Obviously.
    I mean, nothing is set in stone, but Zaslav has just canned a lot of stuff which was approved by the past regime, at least partly BECAUSE it was part of the previous regime. Why should he want to carry on with all the nonsense baggage linked to Snyder, Snydercut, Snyderbots and Snyderfans? Isn't it enough already?

If I should place a bet, there won't be more plans connected with the current DC Cinematic universe UNLESS Black Adam is a billion-dollar hit. Again, there's no reason to continue with this ridiculous will he/won't he Batfleck/BatKeaton/Cavill stuff, which would cost A LOT with dubious results. And even if Cavill wanted to get back, would Amy Adams - whose career is way more solid than Cavill's - do the same? And some franchises like the Wonder Woman one already look a bit worn-out thanks to stuff like WW84.

So... IMHO there will be no Aquaman 3, no WW3 and maybe - just maybe - no The Batman 2, since the previous one was a success, but not the billion-dollar blockbuster they expected.

IMHO it is very likely that Zaslav will start everything all over again, which may be a good or a bad thing, it depends on the direction they'll take and the people involved.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Obviously.
    I mean, nothing is set in stone, but Zaslav has just canned a lot of stuff which was approved by the past regime, at least partly BECAUSE it was part of the previous regime. Why should he want to carry on with all the nonsense baggage linked to Snyder, Snydercut, Snyderbots and Snyderfans? Isn't it enough already?

If I should place a bet, there won't be more plans connected with the current DC Cinematic universe UNLESS Black Adam is a billion-dollar hit. Again, there's no reason to continue with this ridiculous will he/won't he Batfleck/BatKeaton/Cavill stuff, which would cost A LOT with dubious results. And even if Cavill wanted to get back, would Amy Adams - whose career is way more solid than Cavill's - do the same? And some franchises like the Wonder Woman one already look a bit worn-out thanks to stuff like WW84.

So... IMHO there will be no Aquaman 3, no WW3 and maybe - just maybe - no The Batman 2, since the previous one was a success, but not the billion-dollar blockbuster they expected.

IMHO it is very likely that Zaslav will start everything all over again, which may be a good or a bad thing, it depends on the direction they'll take and the people involved.
    There are more chances of Ray Fisher coming back than Snyder, imo. The latter want a type of control on the characters that WB wouldn't want to give him. He found a new home at Netflix doing what he wants with characters he created and own.

I dunno what to expect from Zaslav, he come off as a guy that wouldn't bother to fire all these actors and hard reboot everything overnight, only because it fits a cold long term business strategy he has in mind.

If Aquaman 2 does good numbers (like 700-800) then I don't see any reason why there wouldn't be Aquaman 3.

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    IF Snyder is back in, then I think having Superman nowhere to be seen will be dodging a bullet, frankly. He shouldn't be allowed within 500 feet of Superman. But I honestly don't see how Zaslav would want him; the man can't make a 2/2.5hour picture to save his arse, and anything much beyond that is cutting into repeat viewing potential. Not to mention that he's the reason the DCEU has the reputation is has.

I have the feeling that Snyder sees it as advertising to say that his vision is never done - it keeps those fans in his camp and supporting his other projects in the meantime from the sense of loyalty. But WB actually bringing him back....? Yikes. If there's a person besides WB who should be blamed for Superman's current situation, it's him.
    I'm not speculating that Snyder might take over creative control of the DCEU but only that he might (long shot) get to do Zaslav's JL which is a priority now at WBD.

The RS article showed how bad things were between Snyder and WB yet odd nods have been given to Snyder by the new regime. Batman vs Superman one of just 4 or 5 films specifically called out in a positive way right after the merger. The insertion of a JL shot in the Shazam2 trailer focused on Batman. Batfleck added in Aquaman 2 and more.

Affleck is the most popular Batman actor and he hasn't even had a solo film. As bad as BvS and JL were, Affleck got nothing but praise in the role from critics and fans. That is not lost on Zaslav and that is why I see Zaslav not only bringing Batfleck back but building his DCEU around Batman - and possibly axing Reeve's Batman. My prediction remains Affleck's return to the role will be officially confirmed and a Batman solo announced over the next few months. Just as Johnson wants some creative control over the DCEU so does Affleck. In that contest Affleck has the upper hand. He is a bigger draw than Johnson and Johnson overplayed his hand in promoting false rumors that Superman would be in a post credit scene in BA.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 08-04-2022 at 08:10 AM.

Astonishing Member

Cna always make standalone new Superman movies in his own universe.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    If Aquaman 2 does good numbers (like 700-800) then I don't see any reason why there wouldn't be Aquaman 3.
    Maybe you are right, but I have some doubts. The first one costed 160-200 and made almost 1150. The second one is apparently even more expensive, so 700-800 IMHO would be considered disappointing. Also: it is the only DCEU franchise for which there have been no news about a third chapter as far as I know. Also: Amber Heard. But of course, things change.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

I'm not speculating that Snyder might take over creative control of the DCEU but only that he might (long shot) get to do Zaslov's JL which is a priority now at WBD.

The RS article showed how bad things were between Snyder and WB yet odd nods have been given to Snyder by the new regime. Batman vs Superman one of just 4 or 5 films specifically called out in a positive way right after the merger. The insertion of a JL shot in the Shazam2 trailer focused on Batman. Batfleck added in Aquaman 2 and more.

Affleck is the most popular Batman actor and he hasn't even had a solo film. As bad as BvS and JL were, Affleck got nothing but praise in the role from critics and fans. That is not lost on Zaslav and that is why I see Zaslav not only bringing Batfleck back but building his DCEU around Batman - and possibly axing Ree's Batan. My prediction remains Affleck's return to the role will be officially confirmed and a Batman solo announced over the next few months. Just as Johnson wants some creative control over the DCEU so does Affleck. In that contest Affleck has the upper hand. He is a bigger draw than Johnson and Johnso overplayed his hand in promoting false rumors that Superman would be in a post credit scene in BA.
    Are you saying Ben Affleck is a bigger draw than Dwayne Johnson? If so, are there numbers that support this?

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Maybe you are right, but I have some doubts. The first one costed 160-200 and made almost 1150. The second one is apparently even more expensive, so 700-800 IMHO would be considered disappointing. Also: it is the only DCEU franchise for which there have been no news about a third chapter as far as I know. Also: Amber Heard. But of course, things change.
    Wasn't aware that it had much higher budget, then yeah, it probably needs to make close to a billion again for them to feel comfortable.

As for Amber, from what I understand her role is minor in second movie so in the future they can either cut Mera entirely or recast. Minor problem all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Are you saying Ben Affleck is a bigger draw than Dwayne Johnson? If so, are there numbers that support this?
    Batman is the top DC franchise by far. Affleck as Batman is bigger, lots bigger, than Johnson as BA.

Batman is the top DC franchise by far. Affleck as Batman is bigger, lots bigger, than Johnson as BA.
    So it's less about the actors than the roles they're playing.