Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Brent View Post
    Worst case scenario: they go through with Coates and Abrams' blackwashed Superman.

Best case scenario: they keep the Jordan Val-Zod project and then reboot Superman on film. Get someone who has expressed their love for Superman and superheroes to take over and then give us a Superman we've never seen on film by drawing on elements unknown to the general audience but well-known to comic book fans.

Byrne's MoS: the Kents are still alive, the S-shield isn't a Kryptonian symbol, Clark doesn't learn he's from Krypton until he's already Superman.

The Odyssey/Birthright: Clark travels the world before heading to Metropolis, learns about various cultures while writing, and has a history with Luthor. (While this is known to TV audiences from Smallville, it's never been done on the big screen)

Secret Origin: Clark operates (in or out of uniform) secretly to help people while still in high school, Superman is welcomed by the general public but the military is a problem from the beginning.

New 52: Clark works at the Daily Star after failing to get a job at the Daily Planet, he's friends with a slightly-younger Jimmy Olsen, Luthor is an emerging presence who helps the military to try and capture Superman (bullet train sequence included) and Superman faces the Collector of Worlds, requiring him to launch himself into space via flatbed truck and in the process, discover he has the ability to fly.

For director, I'd go with Brad Bird. He loves Superman and superhero storytelling and has been largely wasted at WB other than Mission Impossible films.

Cast an unknown as Clark and cast veterans as the Kents, Perry White, Lois, etc.

There is a lot of meat to your idea, we need him to feel like a person
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I am of the opposite mind.Cast someone with star power.If not,cast someone with a larger than life personality..Someone charming with humour.(I am talking about casting someone for the superman personality..not glasses personality)
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 04-16-2022 at 09:42 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I am of the opposite mind.Cast someone with star power.If not,cast someone with a larger than life personality..Someone charming with humour.(I am talking about superman..not glasses personality)

You can do both,a good solid character with a very strong aura about them is attainable
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Does this mean Clark Kent? If it ain't Clark Kent, then keep Superman dead by all means.
    I know some people like seeing other characters wear the costume, and they're really excited about the two upcoming Black Supermen projects. But, for me, there is no Superman without Clark Kent. Superman isn't a mantle, Superman is Clark Kent.
    Last edited by DABellWrites; 04-16-2022 at 11:40 AM.

Yeah, I would also prefer a superstar actor to play Superman (aka Clark Kent, aka Kal-El; I accept no substitutes). The star power imbalance between Cavill and Affleck caused problems for us Superman fans.

You know my idea - skip retelling the Krypton origin in the first movie, hint at it at best, start with him in high school, I'm thinking start it shortly after Jonathan Kent's died from a heart attack so Clark's in a sad place needing escape when suddenly these strange visitors from the future come seeking his help. A young Superman/boy origin story set in the future fighting together with the Legion is just the sort of fun, wild, different film that will help undo the boring and divisive takes from the past couple of movies. Give him a character arc making friends and fighting villains in a whole new setting (new to the studio audience at least, but drawing from the comics).

After what we just lived through with Snyder and Cavill please go with an unknown. We want the focus on Superman not the BTS talent.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    They are just words so far. But it feels already better than some years ago (around BvS release), I think it was Roven saying something like a SM movie is not a priority, we have Cyborg and these other movies on our slate up to 2020 that are our priority now.
    Does anybody think a solo Cyborg movie would actually do good?

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Yeah, I would also prefer a superstar actor to play Superman (aka Clark Kent, aka Kal-El; I accept no substitutes). The star power imbalance between Cavill and Affleck caused problems for us Superman fans.
    You only need star power if doing a shared universe full of other celebrities like BvS. I'd prefer a crossover free trilogy. Just focus on doing Superman independently ala the Nolanverse and The Batman has done for Bruce. For that, a relative unknown could be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    After what we just lived through with Snyder and Cavill please go with an unknown. We want the focus on Superman not the BTS talent.
    Cavill wasn't well known either.

And the issue of how well known an actor/director is doesn't matter. It's the people running the studio that is the problem.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 04-16-2022 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Does anybody think a solo Cyborg movie would actually do good?
    Eh, with the whole Fisher and WB drama, I'd rather see a villain protagonist Cyborg Superman origin movie ala Joker or Venom than a Cyborg superhero movie. But that's just me. If they did a Teen Titans movie with Cyborg in it, or spun the HBO Max Doom Patrol Cyborg into his own series, I'd be on board.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Does this mean Clark Kent? If it ain't Clark Kent, then keep Superman dead by all means.
    I know some people like seeing other characters wear the costume, and they're really excited about the two upcoming Black Supermen projects. But, for me, there is no Superman without Clark Kent. Superman isn't a mantle, Superman is Clark Kent.
    I agree completely. Before we ever get different variations on Superman, we need the iconic character reestablished for the current generation. Superman, the noble and inspiring hero who lives in a fantastic sci-fi world. Sci-fi action and adventure with Clark as a developed character. I also agree that Superman isn't a mantle (I feel the same way about Batman as well) and that those stories are fine only if they're on other Earths/Elseworlds.

Like I previously have written on other threads...just adapt Superman and the Men of Steel.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    You only need star power if doing a shared universe full of other celebrities like BvS. I'd prefer a crossover free trilogy. Just focus on doing Superman independently ala the Nolanverse and The Batman has done for Bruce. For that, a relative unknown could be fine.
    I would say they are needed in both..The movie needs to be absolute home run.A big star can ensure that and with experience can give great performance that can engage people...
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    The imbalance came because Affleck was playing Batman, not because of Affleck himself. Superman would be fine with an unknown name as long as he’s on his own and doesn’t have to share screen time with someone else. Besides what major A-Lister out there right now would even be a good fit? I can’t think of any. Wouldn’t mind seeing David Corenswet get his shot since he’s said he wants it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/