Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast

I really wish that Superman just got the Batman treatment and got his own universe exclusively about him to play with. Wish there was a Matt Reeves type who could do that for him

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I don't see this Zaslov agreeing to Cavill's terms being the penny pincher that he is. The previous regime didn't agree to it. I doubt Zaslov would either. Cavill may have just priced himself out of the market.
    Well I guess it’s time for Cavill to either be James Bond or slide into Kevin Feiges dm’s.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Well I guess it’s time for Cavill to either be James Bond or slide into Kevin Feiges dm’s.
    Name a more crowded place right now. I'll wait.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I really wish that Superman just got the Batman treatment and got his own universe exclusively about him to play with. Wish there was a Matt Reeves type who could do that for him
    S&L is essentially that.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    It seems Supergirl has also being cancelled. Quite frankly that makes me very happy.
    I feel guilty saying this, but I also get a sense of relief. I mean, I feel bad for Calle and others involved in the production. I feel kind of bad for the fans who were anticipating this movie. But I thought Calle's planned arc was the wrong direction for the Super franchise.

S&L is essentially that.
    A TV show on a minor network and much less fanfare seems like small potatoes next to a series of Hollywood blockbusters.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I feel guilty saying this, but I also get a sense of relief. I mean, I feel bad for Calle and others involved in the production. I feel kind of bad for the fans who were anticipating this movie. But I thought Calle's planned arc was the wrong direction for the Super franchise.

A TV show on a minor network and much less fanfare seems like small potatoes next to a series of Hollywood blockbusters.
    Sasha Calle is a natural as Supergirl (unlike a certain British actor was as Superman) and is seemingly loved by Zaslav. After every Flash test screening the word "leaks" about how good Calle is. Calle will continue to play Supergirl with the initial appearance being in a supporting role before giving her a solo - the Feige model which Zaslax acknowledged he is following.

A question - will the WBD solos follow the Feige model in which there is an initial solo and mostly the follow-ups are soft team films. That dictates the Superman arc insofar as the focus of the Superman films. If it is more a team story, then the arc of Clark and Lois's relationship growing slowly throughout the films may not be doable. And, for sure, a rushed falling in love as happened in MOS is not the way to go. Maybe keep their relationship up and down through the story arc as I don't see this building to a Clark and Lois wedding. I won't be surprised to see as much Supergirl as Lois in the films.

Hamada is on his way out
    Amid the shelving of the HBO Max film Batgirl and the clear desire of Warner Bros. Discovery chief David Zaslav to find new leadership for the DC universe, DC Films president Walter Hamada has come to the verge of exiting the studio and consulted with counsel, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

Hamada has now agreed to remain in his post at least until the Oct. 21 release of the Dwayne Johnson film Black Adam, according to sources with knowledge of the situation. “He’s pausing,” says a source. “The decision has not been made to make this adversarial, yet.” Hamada could not be reached for comment.
    And that’s the last of the old regime. He’ll be gone after Black Adam releases. Ironically enough that movie is supposed to have another “Superman” cameo. Would be funny if Cavill gets back in just as Hamada gets out.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    Sasha Calle is a natural as Supergirl (unlike a certain British actor was as Superman) and is seemingly loved by Zaslav. After every Flash test screening the word "leaks" about how good Calle is. Calle will continue to play Supergirl with the initial appearance being in a supporting role before giving her a solo - the Feige model which Zaslax acknowledged he is following.
    If Calle is great as Supergirl, fantastic. I don't support, however, replacing Superman in the DCEU with Supergirl, saying Superman's been wiped out of existence and moving the story onward from there.

Hamada planning his exit means you don’t need to worry about that. It’s safe to assume that the previous Superman plans have been scrapped in full, and Zaslav is going to implement his own ideas for how to handle Supes.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hamada planning his exit means you don’t need to worry about that. It’s safe to assume that the previous Superman plans have been scrapped in full, and Zaslav is going to implement his own ideas for how to handle Supes.
    Yup, that's why I take some (admittedly very petty) pleasure out of this upheaval of DC movies.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Well I guess itÂ’s time for Cavill to >< slide into Kevin Feiges dmÂ’s.
    Cast that man as Hyperion and watch the internet explode.

Not even joking. Cavill as Hyperion would be a dream. Even better if they can get Affleck and Gadot to round off a Squadron Supreme movie roster, though that'd be a huge FU to DC and I don't think Fiege is that crass and rude. Still, I'd adore that level of trolling.

Kinda laughing a little at the MCU rip off "ten year plan." Anyone here think the previous regimes at WB didn't do the same basic thing, even if they pretended in public to wanna do their own thing and not just copy Marvel? The last guys couldn't stick to a plan for more than five minutes and the new folks aren't really saying anything we didn't heard from the last group (despite efforts to make it sound that way).

And as far as I've heard Zaslav hasn't found his "Kevin Fiege" yet, so what's the point of a ten year plan? They gonna go to all the effort of finding the kind of super specialized, hard to find talent that can godfather DC to MCU levels of success, but not let them actually chart the course? If that's the case, I'm glad we found out early that the new regime is just as idiotic as the last one/s. Or are they just saying they *want* a ten year plan once they find their Fiege? Which seems.....yeah, of course they do. That's not an announcement, it's basic competence.

And I don't get this obsession with Affleck some of y'all have. He doesn't seem to be the most popular Batman actor, even among those who have worn the suit within the last decade. The films he appeared in, where he got the majority of screen time, all bombed. Maybe reviews were more forgiving of him than Cavill, but people love Batman and the films themselves got Batman's basic bitch "grr, angst! Why did you say mommy's name?!" stuff better than Clark's characterization, but none of that really justifies keeping Affleck around. Maybe WBD will keep him, who knows, but it seems like a pretty obvious mistake. Nobody connected to the DCEU should be kept, if only to foster a clean break from the old stuff and an obvious jumping-on point for the new. Just knock out whatever sequels deserve to be made, quickly, and start fresh. But time will tell.

And I say this as someone who's fine with Batfleck. He's a serviceable Batman. But nothing I've seen makes me think he's worth keeping, if WB's priorities are what they say they are.

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing what other movies Zaslav kills. Hoping Blue Beetle survives, if only because BB seems like the kind of movie that WB would write-off and ignore from the start (much like the first Wonder Woman), and that means it has a chance of actually being good.

A question - will the WBD solos follow the Feige model in which there is an initial solo and mostly the follow-ups are soft team films
    Good question. If Zaslov is as much of a penny pincher as they say....I'd expect him to examine Marvel's box office and RT scores and try to plot out the math; did a big team up "solo" film like Civil War gross more than a smaller team up like Winter Soldier? How do the reviews compare? What outside variables might account for some of the difference? Then try to apply that to today's market.

At a very rough guess I'd say it might be appealing to Zaslov to steadily escalate, like the Cap films did. First film is a pure solo. Second film has a small team up, and maybe introduces a legacy. Third film has a larger team up.
    Last edited by Ascended; 08-05-2022 at 09:17 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

S&L is essentially that.
    It's fine for what it is but it's not the same as a big budget blockbuster film

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

And as far as I've heard Zaslav hasn't found his "Kevin Fiege" yet, so what's the point of a ten year plan?
    Shall we bet? DC's "Kevin Fiege" will be Thomas Tull.
    Probably together with some name close to the comic books, like Damon Lindelof, and maybe guys like Casey Bloys and Alan Horn to make the investors feel safe. But the big name will be Thomas Tull.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Shall we bet? DC's "Kevin Fiege" will be Thomas Tull.
    My friend, I'm smart enough to know that you're too smart for me to bet against.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    It's fine for what it is but it's not the same as a big budget blockbuster film
    True, but a TV show can handle stories in a way a movie can't.