Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748 LastLast

Dan Lin as head of WB Studios could be huge. Lin has said his dream is to make a JL film. He was involved with George Miller's Justice League: Mortal. He's a Batman fan, calls himself a DC "fan boy", has strong ties to Alan Horn and was around at the time of the Nolan Batman films. Hamada is expected to leave when BA comes out which means Lin could be in place in time to make some announcements about DC Studio's plans before the year is out. Zaslav reportedly wants a JL film so who knows, it could become one of WBD's expedited projects.

If Lin gets the nod the first films announced by the new DC Studio head might be a Batfleck solo, Wonder Woman 3 and JL - that film being used to reintroduce a hopefully recast Superman to the DCEU. Beyond that Lin needs to apologize to Ray Fisher for the treatment he received from the old regime - that and bring Fisher back as Cyborg. Fisher's Cyborg was for me the best part of ZSJL.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 08-25-2022 at 05:21 PM.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    Dan Lin as head of WB Studios could be huge. Lin has said his dream is to make a JL film. He was involved with George Miller's Justice League: Mortal. He's a Batman fan, calls himself a DC "fan boy", has strong ties to Alan Horn and was around at the time of the Nolan Batman films. Hamada is expected to leave when BA comes out which means Lin could be in place in time to make some announcements about DC Studio's plans before the year is out. Zaslav reportedly wants a JL film so who knows, it could become one of WBD's expedited projects.

If Lin gets the nod the first films announced by the new DC Studio head might be a Batfleck solo, Wonder Woman 3 and JL - that film being used to reintroduce a hopefully recast Superman to the DCEU. Beyond that Lin needs to apologize to Ray Fisher for the treatment he received from the old regime - that and bring Fisher back as Cyborg. Fisher's Cyborg was for me the best part of ZSJL.
    Yuck!the jl...again...are we going down that rabbit hole again..why?of all the wonderful teams dc has..they have to go for the most generic one.jsa,teen titans,metal men,challengers of the unknown..etc. anything really..focus on jsa.Dammit.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

They just haven't sent enough death threats to his family yet! That'll change his mind!
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yuck!the jl...again...are we going down that rabbit hole again..why?of all the wonderful teams dc has..they have to go for the most generic one.jsa,teen titans,metal men,challengers of the unknown..etc. anything really..focus on jsa.Dammit.
    Whether or not JL is one of the first DC Studios' projects announced, it will be a top priority given Zaslav and Lin. Fortunately Snyder won't be a big factor. If BA and Shazam do well, I could see Shazam 3 becoming a team film. BA vs Shazam/Superman. Using Shazam 3 to reintroduce Superman to the DCEU.

Zaslav at work. A shared universe emerging with the main characters, especially Batman and Wonder Woman, making appearances in other characters' films. Rumors are that Gadot has signed on for more films and not just solos. What was supposed to be just a cameo for her has grown into a not insignificant role. The same is happening with Affleck whose role in Flash has increased along with his insertion into Aquaman 2.

https://thedirect.com/article/wonder...c-movie-return
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 08-29-2022 at 02:36 PM.

Double post.

Clicking article...

CTRL + F

"Batman"... nothing

"Affleck"... nothing

Am I surprised? Sadly at this point, no.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Clicking article...

CTRL + F

"Batman"... nothing

"Affleck"... nothing

Am I surprised? Sadly at this point, no.
    The article is about WW/Gadot. I referenced Batman and Affleck as WBD is doing the same with Batman - placing him in a number of other characters' films.

https://www.ign.com/articles/aquaman...turn-as-batman

https://www.small-screen.co.uk/ben-a...e-flash-movie/
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 08-29-2022 at 04:13 PM.

BANNED

another Batman fan in charge, what DC needs, I guess Batman and his Robins (JL) is coming.

WBD is canceling DC Fandome 2022 in favor of live events - they'll be one at the NYC ComiCon in early October. This may mean no slate of film announcements until 2023. With all the turmoil at WBD, delaying a slate announcement is not going to instill confidence in investors and fans.

https://www.slashfilm.com/990851/dc-...o-live-events/
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 09-01-2022 at 04:03 PM.

It's easy to take things apart but difficult to build things up. This is potentially a big loss for Zaslav - not being able to get his guy. He can't afford to have too many misses such as this.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...in-1235212975/

If they're going to try to "reboot" with the existing versions of characters, this has failed already. Especially Batfleck. Dude's 50 already and they already put the kibosh on the legacy idea.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Warner Bros. Discovery Has Bigger Problems Than Its DC Search

But the declaration of the DC reset was premature. Zaslav is continuing to meet with prospective candidates to lead the effort, but surprising to no one, he has not found a Kevin Feige clone. A negotiation with producer Dan Lin became public (possibly due to a meeting that was held outdoors in plain sight because of WBD consultant Alan Horn’s COVID-19 concerns) but then apparently fell apart over complications involving Lin’s production/nonprofit company Rideback.

Meanwhile, DC Films president Walter Hamada called his lawyer after watching Batgirl get binned and listening to Zaslav talk about the bright future under superior but unnamed leadership. Film studio co-chairman Michael De Luca talked him into staying until Black Adam is released in October, but his exit is being negotiated.

At this point, it’s hard to think of any strong candidate to run a DC silo. And there are several reasons to wonder why anyone with a decent career would want the job. By now, Zaslav has made enough moves to reveal that — despite that extensive goodwill tour — he is exactly the tough boss that former Discovery insiders described when the Warner Media-Discovery combination first made the news. And with CFO Gunnar Wiedenfels working to slash the staggering $50 billion-plus in debt, the company has content creators wondering publicly what happened to material that disappeared from the streamer without a word of warning, while insiders send out résumés as layoffs roll.
    Hamada is apparently negotiating his exit and people think Comcast is going to buy WBD the same way Discovery bought WB. That won’t happen until April 2024 however at the earliest because of issues surrounding the previous buyout/merger. Looks like only three people at WB can count on being safe: Reeves, Phillips, and Muschetti. Abrams is not one of the ones mentioned which supports my belief he is not in Zaslav’s good graces.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

WB will merge with another new company every 2 years, got it. lol.

Meanwhile the DCEU will be on auto-pilot.