Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748 LastLast

Way back when, the head of the Rock’s production company said he wanted to adapt Kingdom Come. I could see that being the “Endgame” for this DCEU if they actually managed to survive long enough to do it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

When The Rock and the other BA producers talks about having long term plans I do believe them (unlike Zaslav ). In BA alone there are connections to the whole DCEU. They know what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I wouldn't mind, honestly.
    I wouldn't either but with his schedule an advisory role might better fit. Maybe, if not The Rock, Dany Garcia and her husband. The betting odds are that WBD gets bought out in a few years. Having someone like The Rock and his company helming DC Studios could allow for that team to go over to the new company making for a seamless transition. Johnson clearly loves all things DC and wherever DC Studios ends up is where The Rock will land.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    I wouldn't either but with his schedule an advisory role might better fit. Maybe, if not The Rock, Dany Garcia and her husband. The betting odds are that WBD gets bought out in a few years. Having someone like The Rock and his company helming DC Studios could allow for that team to go over to the new company making for a seamless transition. Johnson clearly loves all things DC and wherever DC Studios ends up is where The Rock will land.
    The Rock's production team is a larger group. They can take the job.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Way back when, the head of the Rock’s production company said he wanted to adapt Kingdom Come. I could see that being the “Endgame” for this DCEU if they actually managed to survive long enough to do it.
    I could see that happening..Now that's a great hook.It wouldn't just be superman vs black adam..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Would be a sensible ending for this batch of actors.

A Kingdom Come type movie would work really well for the direction they’re seemingly headed. Black Adam leading the anti-heroes vs Superman, Justice League, and JSA. It would also make old man Batman fit with the storyline.

If they use Lex as the villain manipulating everything like in Kingdom Come, hopefully they recast the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    A Kingdom Come type movie would work really well for the direction they’re seemingly headed. Black Adam leading the anti-heroes vs Superman, Justice League, and JSA. It would also make old man Batman fit with the storyline.

If they use Lex as the villain manipulating everything like in Kingdom Come, hopefully they recast the role.
    They don't need a "manipulator"..Black adam won't yield or stop.His conviction is more than enough for a conflict.

it's more likely they would recast the entirety of the old cast..after flashpoint,you might have a soft rebooted more classic superman..they would need a classic superman if they want the contrast for kingdom come scenario.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-14-2022 at 12:56 AM.

Ongoing problems for WBD/Zaslav with Ezra Miller trial. Miller is the best of the JL actors - easily. His performance in the Flash is reportedly brilliant. The Flash could well join Aquaman, Batman, Joker and Wonder Woman as one of WBD's billion-dollar film franchises. Yet, to the extent WBD/Zaslav seem to be trying to push this under the rug, the situation remains problematic. Especially as women in Hollywood speak out about the treatment women have gotten in Tinsel Town since the beginning. Miller is emblematic of that
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 10-17-2022 at 07:49 AM.

Just a nitpick, but WW is technically not a billion dollar franchise unless you're counting every cent of revenue generated from the two movies including physical and streaming video sales. I'm just bringing it up because movies like MoS was considered a bit of an underperformer because it literally didn't bring in three commas.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Just a nitpick, but WW is technically not a billion dollar franchise unless you're counting every cent of revenue generated from the two movies including physical and streaming video sales. I'm just bringing it up because movies like MoS was considered a bit of an underperformer because it literally didn't bring in three commas.
    WW is set to cross the billion-dollar mark. It should have with WW2, but Jenkins screwed up the script. That will not happen with WW3 - bet on it. MOS was a big disappointment in terms of ROI. Yeah, add in DVD sales and such and that masks how poorly it did. WW made 824 million on a 175 million budget. MOS made 668 million on a 225-million-dollar budget. The numbers are what they are, and this is a big reason why the old regime wouldn't give Cavill a Superman solo. Too much of a financial risk.

WW is set to cross the billion-dollar mark. It should have with WW2, but Jenkins screwed up the script. That will not happen with WW3 - bet on it. MOS was a big disappointment in terms of ROI. Yeah, add in DVD sales and such and that masks how poorly it did. WW made 824 million on a 175 million budget. MOS made 668 million on a 225-million-dollar budget. The numbers are what they are, and this is a big reason why the old regime wouldn't give Cavill a Superman solo. Too much of a financial risk.
    I'm getting too riled up about semantics, but if it takes two and a partial movies to hit the billion dollar mark that's not so great for a superhero blockbuster franchise. Hell, you might as well call Superman a billion dollar franchise because Man of Steel and Batman v Superman crossed the billion dollar mark, and we all agree Cavill's movies weren't that great and drawing in fans. Just seems like cherry-picking here. You can't say "the numbers are what they are" and then give credit for a benchmark not yet reached.

Unless you're saying WW3 itself will hit the billion mark. In that case, I don't think it's a given. If it happens, we won't be surprised, but it will come short if the movie is not that good.

Aquaman rules..and made a billion..All hail the king..

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Unless you're saying WW3 itself will hit the billion mark. In that case, I don't think it's a given. If it happens, we won't be surprised, but it will come short if the movie is not that good.
    Yes. WW3 will likely do a billion plus. WW 1984 should not be part of the equation given its release at the height of Covid. It was in a restricted number of theatres for only a month and pretty much relied on streaming for its box. That aside, the Flash has the potential to be WBD's most lucrative franchise after Batman. Miller's troubles and the trial put things into jeopardy. If the role has to be recast for the Flash sequel (rumors are Zaslav/WBD are so positive about Flash being huge a sequel is already being planned) all bets are off.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 10-17-2022 at 10:47 AM.

Yes. WW3 will likely do a billion plus. WW 1984 should not be part of the equation given its release at the height of Covid. It was in a restricted number of theatres for only a month and pretty much relied on streaming for its box. That aside, the Flash has the potential to be WBD's most lucrative franchise after Batman. Miller's troubles and the trial put things into jeopardy. If the role has to be recast for the Flash sequel (rumors are Zaslav/WBD are so positive about Flash being huge a sequel is already being planned) all bets are off.
    Wonder Woman 1984 wouldn't have gotten a billion either way. The reviews were awful and the word of mouth was awful. If it was a great movie, maybe but that's the movie we got