Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Sesson 2 live show scripts are done, and they plan to start filming as soon as strikes are done!

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/one...ed-1235716528/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Sesson 2 live show scripts are done, and they plan to start filming as soon as strikes are done!

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/one...ed-1235716528/
    So is greenlit already?
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It should be appropriate for a 13 year old.

I'd rank the netflix takes as-
    One Piece.
    Cowboy Bebop
    Death Note.
    I won't even rank them.i kinda see those same as marvels 90s and 80 s adaptation.This one piece adaptation is at the very least is decent.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-08-2023 at 09:24 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Shoutouts to Luffy's actor in the live action show. I always found Goku and his successors kind of cringey and annoying overtime but he gives Luffy a sense of charisma and charm that makes him fun to watch.

It's similar to Chris Evans portrayal of Captain America. Steve can be hokey but Evans avoids that.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-09-2023 at 12:35 PM.

Luffy punches through spikes and gets hit by them..I kinda miss that.Toning down superman didn't end well for me.So i hope that doesn't happen.Oda calls luffy a man of action.i was afraid luffy would start giving speeches on dreams,truth and justice to please the American audiences whom can't see beyond hero,antihero and villain boxes.

Incredible Member

This gets a good review here. I agree that one of the big things that could be improved is the odd cinematography choices sometimes, especially the over use of fish eye lens.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/rev...series/.202158

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    So is greenlit already?
    I won't even rank them.i kinda see those same as marvels 90s and 80 s adaptation.This one piece adaptation is at the very least is decent.
    I think they often get this far but it doesn’t mean the show is green lit as Netflix spend ages chewing through all the viewing data and relying on what their algorithms tell them before making that choice.

Ultimate Member

What are some of the funniest moments in the anime to all. One to me is when they're trying to save Robin and Zorro runs off the wrong way and Nami asks Chopper to make a potion to fix Zorros brain but Sanji might be beyond hope of Choppers help.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    What are some of the funniest moments in the anime to all. One to me is when they're trying to save Robin and Zorro runs off the wrong way and Nami asks Chopper to make a potion to fix Zorros brain but Sanji might be beyond hope of Choppers help.
    Luffy sending zoro flying with zoro muttering "someday i am gonna cut him".."warry zoro"
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-13-2023 at 02:03 PM.

Just finished. Loved it. Never saw the anime, but this felt like they got it right. Like all the characters and actors.
    Never watched the anime for this. I must confess I watched the first episode of it and it did not grab me. Too much anime shrieking with repeated mouths open a mile wide.
    I like the live show better. Weird, I know.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Just finished. Loved it. Never saw the anime, but this felt like they got it right. Like all the characters and actors.
    Never watched the anime for this. I must confess I watched the first episode of it and it did not grab me. Too much anime shrieking with repeated mouths open a mile wide.
    I like the live show better. Weird, I know.
    Not weird at all. I've seen this same sentiment shared by a lot of viewers online. I even share it. I tried to watch the anime but I embodied everything I dislike about the genre, so couldn't get into it. But I absolutely loved this!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    I think they often get this far but it doesn’t mean the show is green lit as Netflix spend ages chewing through all the viewing data and relying on what their algorithms tell them before making that choice.
    Oda himself officially confirmed season 2 was greenlit by Netflix.

Extraordinary Member

Long time One Piece fan here. Just finished watching the first live action season the other day. And I'm delightfully surprised that I loved it.

For the longest time I thought that One Piece was too grand and too cartoony to really get right in live action. But they've done a really good job of compressing roughly the first 100 chapters into 8 episodes.

There's lots of clever changes to the plot and character writing to make it work for the live action medium. But it managed to keep the spirit of the original series.

Love the amount of practical effects and settings. They managed to make Luffy's gum gum powers look alright. And holy shit the sea beast from Luffy's flashback is one of the coolest CGI-effects I've seen in ages.

And I have nothing but praise for the cast. Special mentions to Jeff Ward as Buggy, Alexander Maniatis as Captain Kuro, Steven John Ward as Mihawk, Vincent Regan as Garp, and Inaki Godoy as Luffy. I was really impressed by how Inaki captured Luffy's body language.

It's not perfect. And it's a bit weird in places. And it'll never really match the original in my eyes. But this is a worthy adaptation of one of the world's greatest adventure series. Really looking forward to season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Oda himself officially confirmed season 2 was greenlit by Netflix.
    I can't wait for portgas D ace maybe even whitebeard.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    there are people who do take what nami wears very seriously It's just decent uptight guys that aren't part of the crew.
    Paulie for example or nami's pin wheel guy dad

Dude!the show literally about a bunch of guys who doesn't give eff what others think.That the m.o.Luffy himself is toned down.The guy is reckless ball of energy who would literally tear his arms off for his friends.They toned liffy way down.
    On a real woman, I don't think Nami's outfit here is so bad for someone in warm weather. The skirt doesn't have to be shorter than the skirt she wore in season one and the actress isn't going to be busting out of it like in the anime. There's a version of that outfit that can work, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    On a real woman, I don't think Nami's outfit here is so bad for someone in warm weather. The skirt doesn't have to be shorter than the skirt she wore in season one and the actress isn't going to be busting out of it like in the anime. There's a version of that outfit that can work, imo.
    Toning it down i have no problems with.I just worry that strawhats becoming too much of a conformist.Thry are the opposite of that They do outrageous things.