Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I think buggy the clown would probably be the best main villain for the Netflix show.
    They've cast quite a few villains - Alvida, Buggy, Arlong. I don't think Captain Kuro has been cast, so he might not be in it. Likewise Don Krieg. So it might just the three of Alvida, Buggy and Arlong. They haven't even indicated they are going to feature Captain Morgan despite casting Helmeppo.

I'll be hard to pick a favourite until the show drops. Depends on how they are realized too. Arlong is the most vicious and brutal out of the three.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    They've cast quite a few villains - Alvida, Buggy, Arlong. I don't think Captain Kuro has been cast, so he might not be in it. Likewise Don Krieg. So it might just the three of Alvida, Buggy and Arlong. They haven't even indicated they are going to feature Captain Morgan despite casting Helmeppo.

I'll be hard to pick a favourite until the show drops. Depends on how they are realized too. Arlong is the most vicious and brutal out of the three.
    Makes me wonder how they're going to adapt Usopp without Kuro.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Makes me wonder how they're going to adapt Usopp without Kuro.
    Likewise Sanji without Don Krieg or Zoro without Captain Morgan wanting to execute him.

I have a feeling the straw hats will already be together by the time the series starts and they'll focus on adapting Arlong Park and elements of Loguetown mostly (Buggy and Alvida are in that arc). Flashbacks might be used as well.

That's my theory. They are only doing 10 episodes for this series after all.

I hope this is mostly a original story.

Astonishing Member

I hope this is mostly a original story.
    Doubt it. But significant changes need to be made to the story anyway if they plan on omitting certain characters. East Blue is pretty much just Luffy meeting and recruiting the first few members of his crew. You can negate most of it by just jumping ahead to the arcs in the saga where they are mostly in place.

The question is this: will One Piece fans accept an original story? Don't want another Cowboy Bebop on our hands.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 04-29-2022 at 08:53 PM.

Doubt it. But significant changes need to be made to the story anyway if they plan on omitting certain characters. East Blue is pretty much just Luffy meeting and recruiting the first few members of his crew. You can negate most of it by just jumping ahead to the arcs in the saga where they are mostly in place.

The question is this: will One Piece fans accept an original story? Don't want another Cowboy Bebop on our hands.
    I think this will be even harder than Cowboy Bebop because, ostensibly, Bebop wouldn't be all that difficult to adapt to live-action but the execution just didn't seem to really do the story justice, while with One Piece it's going to be really difficult to capture that in live-action in my opinion.

Probably not because it would be seen as filler and anime fans tend to hate those.

Honestly I think they'd be better if more anime adaptations did original stories but it's a slippery slope.

Cowboy Bebop is easier to do original stories with because it's more episodic than most shonens because they eventually become very serialized.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-30-2022 at 10:45 AM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I think with One Piece it is all going to come down to the stretchy effects. If those look bad it is going to sink the show right from the start. They have never seemed to crack making stretchy powers look good in live action. I hope this show does and it is a great show.

So if you eat more than one devil fruit would you get both powers? Or is it just one power per person?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I think with One Piece it is all going to come down to the stretchy effects. If those look bad it is going to sink the show right from the start. They have never seemed to crack making stretchy powers look good in live action. I hope this show does and it is a great show.
    They looked alright In skyhigh.

So if you eat more than one devil fruit would you get both powers? Or is it just one power per person?
    If you try and eat two fruits you will die. When a person with devil fruit powers dies the fruit will reappear somewhere else on the planet. Only one person can have the power at a time though so if you tried to split a fruit with someone only the first person who takes a bite gets the power.

If you try and eat two fruits you will die. When a person with devil fruit powers dies the fruit will reappear somewhere else on the planet. Only one person can have the power at a time though so if you tried to split a fruit with someone only the first person who takes a bite gets the power.
    So each fruit is one of a kind? No one else have the same power?

Pretty much. There are 3 main types of fruit powers. Ones that give you the power of animals. Ones that can give you elemental powers, and 3rd kind that gives you powers that don't fit in those categories (like Luffy's rubber powers). Thete are also sub groups like ancient type(think dinosaurs) and mythical (Phoenix or dragons)

Astonishing Member

Marshall D Teach is the only character known to have two Devil Fruit powers.

Astonishing Member

The Devil Fruit abilities are one of two power systems in One Piece. The other is Haki. Characters like Shanks, Zoro and Sanji have no Devil Fruit powers, yet can compete with, and even dominate, some Devil Fruit users. It was just revealed in the Manga that Gol D. Roger was able to become the King Of The Pirates by using Haki alone.