Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

The hurdles that come with adapting OP are the same hurdles that come with adapting something Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and Marvel Comics.

You need a Peter Jackson level visual director and a Fiege level puppet master to be able to pull off a live action OP. It's not impossible but it's certainly very, very, difficult.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    If it is successful, yes. Otherwise, no.

Also, this thread is about the upcoming live action One Piece show. If you want to discuss the manga there is a separate thread for that.
    It veered off as Choptop was wondering if the end of One Piece might affect the Netflix show. Which it shouldn't as the manga has 25 years of material.

Again, if the Netflix show is successful, it'll continue. If not, Netflix will just end it. But I don't see Netflix suddenly deciding to shut up shop if the manga ends.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-28-2022 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    It veered off as Choptop was wondering if the end of One Piece might affect the Netflix show. Which it shouldn't as the manga has 25 years of material.
    I didn't mind those discussions. That was about the OP world in general and what we might see in the adaptations and how the manga affects the adaptation. That stuff is okay. I was referring to that new poster who asked for our thoughts on the most recent events that happened in the manga. That kind of discussion should be in the One Piece Manga thread

Astonishing Member

The hurdles that come with adapting OP are the same hurdles that come with adapting something Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and Marvel Comics.

You need a Peter Jackson level visual director and a Fiege level puppet master to be able to pull off a live action OP. It's not impossible but it's certainly very, very, difficult.
    I’ve always imagined a One Piece movie being like a cross between Pirates of The Carribean and Guardians Of The Galaxy. That’s like my ideal way to pitch to a movie executive.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post

Again, if the Netflix show is successful, it'll continue. If not, Netflix will just end it. But I don't see Netflix suddenly deciding to shut up shop if the manga ends.
    I was talking about the anime actually wondering if it would continue after the Manga ends in one way or the other.

If it is successful, yes. Otherwise, no.

Also, this thread is about the upcoming live action One Piece show. If you want to discuss the manga there is a separate thread for that.
    I also made the thread to talk about the anime as well if that's ok?
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-28-2022 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I’ve always imagined a One Piece movie being like a cross between Pirates of The Carribean and Guardians Of The Galaxy. That’s like my ideal way to pitch to a movie executive.
    Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I was talking about the anime actually wondering if it would continue after the Manga ends in one way or the other.
    Depends on how the manga ends. I don't think the anime will cover any content that's not in the manga. Maybe they will adapt one of the spin offs that is occasionally released.

I also made the thread to talk about the anime as well if that's ok?
    Well, I guess it's okay if we don't end up discussing weekly chapter releases. Technically it wouldn't break the rules. If you want to discuss anything that happened in the latest manga release use the dedicated OP thread in the Independent sub forum.

Astonishing Member

Ah, I gotcha now. Misunderstanding on my part.

As has been pointed out, it really hinges on the manga's ending and we won't know that until it is revealed to us. They could keep it going, but why bother if it negates what Oda does?

It'll also be hard for others to come in, deliver the quality that Oda is renowned, then sustaining that for a significant period of time. You watch enough anime and you can sniff filler material a mile off. Anything afterwards would just be filler. Filler works in short bursts. They rarely work in longer runs.

Did anyone see Red in movie theaters? Was it anygood?

Astonishing Member

Did anyone see Red in movie theaters? Was it anygood?
    I, only having passing knowledge about the characters and the overall plot, thought Red had great animation, fights and music (what with the plot being centered around a beloved singer) and was really emotional at times. I thought it was totally worth the trip to the theater.

I can only imagine dedicated fans loved it even more.

Teaser image for the live-action show.

https://twitter.com/onepiecenetflix/...L5ZWSyi2XPz-yw

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Teaser image for the live-action show.

https://twitter.com/onepiecenetflix/...L5ZWSyi2XPz-yw
    The manga-accurate designs are nice but Sanji looks jacked!

While I trust Japan far more than the US in regards to adapting manga/anime to live action, I have to wonder how they'll do it without the uncanny valley effect.

Incredible Member

Oda has stated the Netflix show is now only eight episodes instead of the originally announced ten. Also that it will release sometime in 2023 but not until he is satisfied with the final product.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-count/.197794