Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

If nothing else I can respect that they seem to be actually trying.

Whether it will actually work in practice is another question.

I must admit, they really went all in on this. Looks a LOT better than I thought it had any right to be. Luffy's Pistol looks a little obvious CGI, but the only true downer for me was Buggy. Looked like a video game Joker done wrong. That aside, I will check this out and see what happens.

On comments and reaction videos to it, it seems a lot of people have forgotten what early One Piece was like. Like Nami NOT having a bust that would snap her spine. Seriously, I've seen people get pissed off about that. But with Oda involved, one of the creators being a long time fan of the series, the character costumes, and how much effort that's been put into this, yeah. This series looks like a definite must to at least check out for One Piece fans, especially with the manga reportedly being in its final arc.

So anyone watch this yet?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I watched the first two episodes so far and really enjoyed it. I'm a huge One Piece fan too and even the little changes they have done I think work well with the story they are telling. I loved Buggy and his whole set up. They made him actually kinda scary. I definitely plan to watch the rest of the season. It looks great. I know people will get worked up about the stretchy powers not looking good, but there is no way you can make powers like that not look too "uncanny valley" honestly, so I'm happy with how good they have made them look.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Their is virtually no chance this is going to be good.
    1. You have a world that is visually very difficult to adapt to live action without taking away what made it unique.
    2. You have a very expensive special effects story, being adapted by a studio that is notoriously conservative when it comes to spending.
    3. You have a massive multi decade long epic, being adapted by a studio that prefers to make shows that last only 2 seasons.
    4. Anime/manga doesn’t have a good track record of good live action adaptations.
    5. Anime/manga fans have been programmed for decades to expect faithful adaptations that don’t deviate to far from the source material. That is very unlikely to happen with this adaption.
    Well this aged well lol by all accounts, it's actually really good.

I started watching it and thought it was pretty fun.

Astonishing Member

Probably a pipe dream, but if this is as good as I hear it is I wish it could last enough to get the side project of remaking the Red movie as a live blockbuster.

Ultimate Member

Just a guess but I don't see Namis wardrobe in the show mirroring hers in the anime.

Astonishing Member

HOLY **** THIS WAS SO GOOD.

I loved it. The cast was PERFECT. Love how they compressed the entire East Blue Saga while staying true to the characters. Loved all the scenes with Garp and Coby they added (no spoilers).

9/10. Can't wait for Season 2.

I really enjoyed it too. Love that tease of spoilers:
    Smoker at the end.
    end of spoilers
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I have my gripes about baratie arc and even arlong park.Sanji's arc being skipped,luffy's reckless instinct while fighting don krieg punching through spikes,zoro's being meh! With the oath..none of this worked for me. Also,luffy not caring to listen to nami's sob story and sleeping only to wake up to stop her stabbing her arns was my kinda man of action.Having said all this,i hope succeeds and i think it's doing well.And the best part of the adaptation is the zorro.while i am ok with what they did with garp.I would have preferred less time being spend on that.I hope people find a way to get into one piece through this.Also,luffy leaves orange town running,same with punching coby so that marines would take him in.I guess luffy being a savior and not an infamous liberator is very much something i don't care for

"I love heroes..but i don't want to be one.I want all the meat and throw a party!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Just a guess but I don't see Namis wardrobe in the show mirroring hers in the anime.

It does.pretimeskip clothing nami.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-03-2023 at 07:57 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member

This is pretty good show though I do have some gripes with some changes and omissions to the storylines they’re adapting. I’m still very unsure if this will even get a second season though. If they do get a second season, I’m hoping they get more than eight episodes so they can give arcs adapted more breathing room to be realized as I think part of the issue with the first season is that it’s rushing through some elements that it could really dilute the impact of some core emotional beats, imo.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

On the visual side, I love the live-action adaptation of One Piece's use of HDR. Good highlights, no being overly bright or too dark. As far as I can tell no details were blown out or crushed. Like the Audio mix too. the sounds were good, and the voices were crystal clear and weren't being drowned out.

Note: I have a Denon X3700h AVR and a 5.1.4 set up. So, the audio mix I heard was the Atmos mix. I also have Sennheiser Momentum 4 headphones. So listen to Netflix's spatial audio mix.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 09-03-2023 at 05:35 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Ultimate Member

As for Nami and her clothes even before the time skip there were several episodes of her not wearing much on top and I doubted that the show would have the show Nami doing the same, like when they got covered in wax n such.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    As for Nami and her clothes even before the time skip there were several episodes of her not wearing much on top and I doubted that the show would have the show Nami doing the same, like when they got covered in wax n such.
    It's not just a nami thing..franky literally walks around in underpants.There would be a lot of toning down.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"