Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I guess cyborgs have no shame...or Franky just doesn't care what anyone thinks. Then again it's not like Luffy and most of the guys pay any attention to how little Nami wears much of the time.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I guess cyborgs have no shame...or Franky just doesn't care what anyone thinks. Then again it's not like Luffy and most of the guys pay any attention to how little Nami wears much of the time.
    there are people who do take what nami wears very seriously It's just decent uptight guys that aren't part of the crew.
    Paulie for example or nami's pin wheel guy dad

Dude!the show literally about a bunch of guys who doesn't give eff what others think.That the m.o.Luffy himself is toned down.The guy is reckless ball of energy who would literally tear his arms off for his friends.They toned liffy way down.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Ultimate Member

Yeah and that's why Nami has no interest in those guys maybe...the uptight guys I mean...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Yeah and that's why Nami has no interest in those guys maybe...the uptight guys I mean...
    She doesn't have interest in any guys so far.And no..She likes paulie very much .i sensed that she bugged paulie on purpose.Anyways,these guys are going to do what they feel like regardless of what the world tells them is wrong.

I'm on episode 7 and I feel conflicted about the fishmen. Yeah, Arlong is pretty messed up but as a black American, I kind of feel his anger at their treatment. He's kind of like Killmonger lol tactics are completely messed up/wrong but his anger is justified.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I'm on episode 7 and I feel conflicted about the fishmen. Yeah, Arlong is pretty messed up but as a black American, I kind of feel his anger at their treatment. He's kind of like Killmonger lol tactics are completely messed up/wrong but his anger is justified.
    The thing about that is,fishmen backstory and history was only foreshadowed in the first arc in the manga.For all intents and purposes he was just another supremecist.These things were done in later throughout the series.Arlong himself was expanded upon.While this feels sympathetic.I kinda prefer manga's way.Cause you kinda start getting the dude later on, instead of feeling sympathy while he commits atrocious acts.Also,there is undertones of racism being taught to fishmen by the humans as well because of arlong park's design

Also,i can't wait for them to introduce fishertiger.

Edit-i really can't judge this critically.So i am gonna leave that.Also think bgm was underwhelming.It felt like generic pirate music.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-03-2023 at 07:02 PM.

Read about what the live-action One Piece should do with Chopper. and the consensus online is that he should be a muppet.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I think that’s one benefit the live action has: it can use more fleshed out stories and plots from later arcs like Sabody and Fishman Island , etc to help develop the live action story/characters/world as opposed to going off the manga real time, same with aspects like Luffy and Garp’s relationship. Having the benefit of foresight really can allow for new takes on familiar paths and new angles on stories or plots fans already are familiar with.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Read about what the live-action One Piece should do with Chopper. and the consensus online is that he should be a muppet.
    Honestly that would be the cost efficient thing. I think a muppet enhanced by CGI is the best way to go.

I do got to agree though, I feel like the series is one that would need 10-13 episodes to give each arc breathing room, especially when we get to plots like Alabasta or Water 7/Ennies Lobby. I would say overall this series is good but 8 episode felt like it wasn’t able to do as much as it could.
    Last edited by ironman2978; 09-04-2023 at 04:34 PM.

Thank god Oda has a tight grip in this or else we would be looking at another Cowboy Bebbop or Death Note disaster.

This needs to have a good hold in coming weeks for a second season to be green lit it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Thank god Oda has a tight grip in this or else we would be looking at another Cowboy Bebbop or Death Note disaster.
    I liked both of those, lol.

Is this any good? Appropriate for a young teen (13 ish)?

I never could get into One Piece even though it checks a lot of my boxes. Not sure why.

Thanks in advance!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I finished the season and loved it. It made me wanna catch up with the manga.

I'm 50/50 on Garp's inclusion but I think it works. So far the main issue is the low episode count.

Marvel and DC are more the spirit of the piece. They largely do their own thing so the episode count or the format isn't a big issue. But One Piece is closer to the source material. There is a larger sense of deja vu so I'm curious how these longer sagas get adapted.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-08-2023 at 09:16 AM.

Incredible Member

I watched the first episode and it just wasn’t working for me. Then I remembered that I felt the same way about the anime. I actually skipped ahead in the anime and got hooked so I decided to watch the 2nd episode and I started enjoying it and finished the whole thing.

I actually think it does a better job than the anime at least with the arc it covers.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

I never could get into One Piece even though it checks a lot of my boxes. Not sure why.

Thanks in advance!
    It should be appropriate for a 13 year old.

I'd rank the netflix takes as-
    One Piece.
    Cowboy Bebop
    Death Note.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-08-2023 at 08:48 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

Thanks in advance!
    As long as they're okay with a bit of cursing, and Paulie got upset that she changed in the same car as him and didn't have more covered. Just like the other two ladies. So yeah he noticed but no flirting or romantic in that scene either way. That and Nami and the ladies wear more in the Netflix version than they do in the anime.