Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Barbara Gordon’s one time boyfriend, Jason Bard.

Whatever happened to this character?

He was originally a military vet that walked with a cane due to a military related injury and was Barbara’s boyfriend.

I feel like he has been seen a few times since Babs went to congress (pick your continuity).

Has he been seen or used since the New 52??

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post

He was originally a military vet that walked with a cane due to a military related injury and was Barbara’s boyfriend.

I feel like he has been seen a few times since Babs went to congress (pick your continuity).

First off,for the pre-Flashpoint version.

After he was re-introduced during the New52 in Batman Eternal, he did later become a cast member of the Batgirl comic book in Mairghread Scott's and Cecil Castelluccirun's runs.
    I guess technically the appearances in Batgirl would be considered "post-Rebirth".

He has been her love interest more than a couple time. Pre crisis he was her main love interest until COIE. Then he was brought back in BOP where they talked about their past. Then in Batgirl Year One he was her love interest. In the N52 timeline, he shows up as her main love interest in Batgirl rebirth with Castelluci (possibly before that). There was also a hint that he could have been her husband in the future in one Batman event (forgot the name). And finally, he might be her main love interest in the live action movie. Oh and in Young Justice he was her off screen boyfriend who is her now ex. Out of all her boyfriends, she dated Bard the longest.

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post

He appeared in Rebirth as an antagonist, Castelluci apparently forgot about it and wrote him as a love interest in the ghastly final run of Batgirl 2016. DC ignored some of the Batgirl 50 stuff, so I don't know where he is.

I didn't follow Babs Batgirl series post Nu 52 but is it true that they turned him into a villain sometime after Burnside?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I didn't follow Babs Batgirl series post Nu 52 but is it true that they turned him into a villain sometime after Burnside?
    According to one writers Dc editors didn't want Bard to come back has a love interest. So they had to change his character. He became a terrorist. I wonder with his most likely appearing in Batgirl movie will he appear more in the comics and other media. I mean he was in year one. We also see a video of Ethan and Leslie also kissing.His first media appearance was in YJ. He was dumped by Babs to go back to Dick. I don't understand why they needed to add that. He could have simply just dated without Babs hooking the two up.

I liked his character and I can't understand why he can't be another love interest even if it's elsehwere,He is an interesting character. Yet I feel like due to the fact of Dc Bateditors being more Dickbabs he can't come back even if it was just being friends.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 04-17-2022 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    He has been her love interest more than a couple time. Pre crisis he was her main love interest until COIE...
    Would disagree with that.

After Barbara went to Washington D.C. as a member of the U.S. Congress, their relationship seemed to start cooling off.

I honestly never really felt they were still a true couple after that.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

After Barbara went to Washington D.C. as a member of the U.S. Congress, their relationship seemed to start cooling off.

yes, indeed, in Batman Family there would always be a random congressman to flirt with Barbara.............when Dick wasn't doing it himself.

Extraordinary Member

He should show up in partnership with Slam Bradley for the ultimate good PI/bad PI routine.

“Okay, so I was thinking we just blackmail the guy with incriminating evidence and an avuncular conversation.”

“I was thinking on putting his head through that wall…”
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

By the time he and Babs got together at the close of the recent Batgirl run, he was a shell of a man often wracked with guilt over his prior actions and probably felt worse with his injury. Babs probably realized she only dated him out of pity.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    By the time he and Babs got together at the close of the recent Batgirl run, he was a shell of a man often wracked with guilt over his prior actions and probably felt worse with his injury. Babs probably realized she only dated him out of pity.
    For the same reason that Barbara kissed Jason in Three Jokers? Barbara should stop giving false hope to men in need.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    For the same reason that Barbara kissed Jason in Three Jokers? Barbara should stop giving false hope to men in need.
    In my headcanon where Three Jokers 'fits' into continuity, Babs was still with Bard when she kissed Todd, and it's that action that makes her realize what kind of effect she's having on both and breaks it off with both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

There was a dude after she got back to Gotham who had a daughter. I can’t remember his name and frankly he might as well have just been named Placeholder. That whole era felt straight out of a JC Penny’s catalog.

Bard last appeared, I think, in Batgirl # 50, where he and Babs were involved. I assume he died on the way back to his home planet.
    Cheers - CL

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    In my headcanon where Three Jokers 'fits' into continuity, Babs was still with Bard when she kissed Todd, and it's that action that makes her realize what kind of effect she's having on both and breaks it off with both of them.
    In my "headcanon" (not to be confused with "head cheese"), Three Jokers doesn't have any place in the "continuity" for any of the characters.

Extraordinary Member

When did he Frame her father