Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mighty Member

So glad I don’t have Marvel Unlimited so I can’t read this garbage. Sounds so awful it’s not even funny. Let this be happening in another universe.

thinking about X-Men Infinite comics leaves such a bad taste in my mouth and I haven't even read the last issues. Sorry, if they believe to get new X-Men readers with this format they are absolutely mistaken. Horror! Sorry for the hyperbole but probably the worst X-Men stuff I have read. Ever!

I'm pretty sure Duggan took a look at the backlash and decided "Ha! They can't laugh at me if they're laughing WITH me!" and turned it into a farce with no commentary.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

This was....strange to me.

Nature Girl eating peoples flesh and this little Curse girl being so annoying.

PHEW.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Are the X-Men ever actually going to stop this?
    Since Duggan is also writing the main team that'll be a no.

I genuinely can’t even tell if the writer is taking any of this seriously anymore or if it’s just devolved into self-parody.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    I think people in this thread have put more thought into the story than the actual writer.
    I was going to say that!

This acid trip is still going? At this point the comic itself is an intentional shitpost.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    This acid trip is still going? At this point the comic itself is an intentional shitpost.
    Only improvement compared to the last one is, the WTF cannibalistic outburst aside, Nature Girl is acting less extremist this time around and actually respectful around T’Challa and his men. Really wonder if Duggan saw the negative views about her portrayal last time and dialed it back some. Of course this is the first chapter so plenty of time for this to go off the rails all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I genuinely can’t even tell if the writer is taking any of this seriously anymore or if it’s just devolved into self-parody.
    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...n/ParodyRetcon

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Only improvement compared to the last one is, the WTF cannibalistic outburst aside, Nature Girl is acting less extremist this time around and actually respectful around T’Challa and his men. Really wonder if Duggan saw the negative views about her portrayal last time and dialed it back some. Of course this is the first chapter so plenty of time for this to go off the rails all over again.
    Karla Pacheco has been writing this second arc. I didn't think much of her Spider-Woman run, but she does go for a lot of snark, which she's been including in this story.
    Last edited by Jwyatt; 08-05-2022 at 01:41 PM. Reason: name