Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Ugh loved this interview and preview. Sucks that we have a delay but the preview art and Ewing's response sound promising for this book's cast. So I think we can gather Storm, Magneto, Sunspot, Manifold, and....? will make up The Brotherhood. I am starting to think Cable will end up being his own agent here, with Proudstar rounding out The Brotherhood. Or maybe Bobby. Vulcan seems like he will get manipulated into leading the X-Men and put on a path for conquest that serves Brand, and I am thinking he'll end up with an Arakki team + maybe Whiz Kid? Or...Frenzy (though I'd love to see her and Storm on the same side).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Ugh loved this interview and preview. Sucks that we have a delay but the preview art and Ewing's response sound promising for this book's cast. So I think we can gather Storm, Magneto, Sunspot, Manifold, and....? will make up The Brotherhood. I am starting to think Cable will end up being his own agent here, with Proudstar rounding out The Brotherhood. Or maybe Bobby. Vulcan seems like he will get manipulated into leading the X-Men and put on a path for conquest that serves Brand, and I am thinking he'll end up with an Arakki team + maybe Whiz Kid? Or...Frenzy (though I'd love to see her and Storm on the same side).
    Honestly I think Storm is gonna definitely recruit some Arraki onto the team after all the team is meant to be FOR Arrako and it wouldn't make much sense to have the team populated only by Krakoans.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I just hope Whiz Kid is coming back.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I just hope Whiz Kid is coming back.
    I feel like in another interview Ewing mentioned that Whiz Kid and Frenzy would show up again. Honestly to avoid too many moving parts/ characters I would have the the Mars X-Men be Vulcan + primary S.W.O.R.D. members (and maybe one other surprise addition) and have the Mars Brotherhood be Storm + Magneto + Sunspot + Thunderbird + 2-3 native Arrakki.

Incredible Member

Frenzy is still a diplomat, she could easily show up in Lake Hellas Diplomatic Ring. She joining the X-Men or the Brotherhood would be a demotion in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Frenzy is still a diplomat, she could easily show up in Lake Hellas Diplomatic Ring. She joining the X-Men or the Brotherhood would be a demotion in my opinion.
    Yeah I get that. If the S.W.O.R.D. members don't join either of there groups I think their prominence will really depend on how much this book stays on Mars and how much it expands to intergalactic politics. Hard to say since we've only had the one issue, but the book seems very Mars-centric.

I think Iceman will end up joining either Brand’s X-men or the new Brotherhood.
    I kind of want him on the X-men to give the team some legitimacy and also for the drama.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Honestly I think Storm is gonna definitely recruit some Arraki onto the team after all the team is meant to be FOR Arrako and it wouldn't make much sense to have the team populated only by Krakoans.
    Very true and a point I missed. I would add Khora to roster as well. Part of me would also love it is Lodas Logos would join because he and Magneto synergy could be epic.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Very true and a point I missed. I would add Khora to roster as well. Part of me would also love it is Lodas Logos would join because he and Magneto synergy could be epic.
    Oh yeah Khora would be the perfect fit for the Brotherhood and she was created by Ewing too. The only I see with that is that last we saw she was employed by Brand and I can't see Brand giving up a valuable asset so easily.

I think if anything Khora would be on Brand’s X-men team. Since she’s part of S.W.O.R.D. and Cable’s New X-Terminators team.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I like Khora better than Isca actually, so I hope she has a place in this title.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    I like Khora better than Isca actually, so I hope she has a place in this title.
    The thing with Isca is that her "weapon" unfortunately forces her into the position of plot device. Although I think most writers (Hickman and Ewing) focus less on her abilities and more so the impact of having that particular ability and how it affects one's personality. I think there's a story worth exploring there if a writer chooses too and I'm curious to see how Ewing fleshes out Isca and Khora going forward.

The thing with Isca is that her "weapon" unfortunately forces her into the position of plot device. Although I think most writers (Hickman and Ewing) focus less on her abilities and more so the impact of having that particular ability and how it affects one's personality. I think there's a story worth exploring there if a writer chooses too and I'm curious to see how Ewing fleshes out Isca and Khora going forward.
    I would love an Isca miniseries. Imagine her dealing with the psychological fall out of 'always winning' then imagine what happens when someone hits her with a power dampner...
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Yeah, that is exactly why. Isca is too "plot devicey" for my taste, like she was created to serve a specific purpose and there is not much to her beyond that. I find most of the Arakki introduced to be more interesting. I don't know, I guess Khora could be plot devicey as well, but I feel that at least Ewing gave her a personality beyond her power uses (granted we haven't seen a lot of either). Just as a matter of personal preference I like Khora better. Isca can be a supporting character but as one of the main ones would prefer Khora if we must have Arakki.