Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default X-men Monday #152 - Al Ewing Discusses ‘X-men Red #1’ (AIPT)

“Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

thank god, manifold is back!!! I really think he is the break-out star from S.W.O.R.D. best "new-ish" X-Men in a decade.

Yeah, I dig Manifold. My guess? He’ll be part of Brand’s X-men team along with Cable and some other S.W.O.R.D. members (e.g., Frenzy). Hopefully that doesn’t make them the “bad guys” in this book.

The previews say that “Cable is keeping secrets,” so my guess is he’s playing along with Brand but is wise to her duplicity. Should be fun to watch unfold…

Al said there are new members for the Brotherhood in the next issues. I think there is a big chance Manifold will be between them or Brand's X-men. Al writes him very well, so wherever he goes, it will be good. I'm very excited to see where this book is going. The delays are a bummer.

Yeah, doesn’t look like a huge delay for issue #2 though. ComiXology has it listed for May 18 now. Hopefully that doesn’t push all the subsequent issues back by the same number of weeks. Since it’s supply chain delays, my hope is that once they’re caught up they’re caught up.

Ahhhh!!! Emperor Teddy sighting!! I love love love how Ewing revisits the plots/stories/characters/threads he's previously worked on and loves. Ewing is KING!

Great interview and the eXclusive art is awesome. Storm is not looking happy with Miss Brand and I wonder who those two characters are in the other panel with our Regent. I'm digging the massive collar on the one guy.

Cable springing into action is always a fun time. Happy to see Eden too!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

This book is so ambitious!!! Praying that it has a long run so that Ewing can cover all the characters and plots he’s teasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Great interview and the eXclusive art is awesome. Storm is not looking happy with Miss Brand and I wonder who those two characters are in the other panel with our Regent. I'm digging the massive collar on the one guy.
    I thought that was T’Challa. Kind of looks like BP, no? Or maybe if he had a beard.

Agreed and agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

T'Challa and Hulkling I think

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I think it's probably the new M'Baku, who became Regent of the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda during The Last Annihilation.

Mighty Member

I’m here for whatever direction this book takes. In Storm, Magneto and Sunspot you have three generations of leaders. I hope we have John and Sunfire joining their ranks in the Brotherhood. A quest for Redroot. I’d like to see Manifold joining the Brotherhood as a secret agent for Storm. Brand needs to have Sunspot knock her down a few pegs.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I loved his response to the question of Storm's Goddess-hood.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I thought that was T’Challa. Kind of looks like BP, no? Or maybe if he had a beard.

Agreed and agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I think it's probably the new M'Baku, who became Regent of the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda during The Last Annihilation.
    Thanks everyone! I'm very much looking forward to Ororo's presence in the intergalactic political world.

AIPT: X-Fan W J has become a huge Magneto fan because of the Krakoa era and asked, what makes X-Men Red’s Magneto different from other phases in the character’s life span?

Al: He’s reeling from some major failures and disappointments, including one that we’ve yet to reveal that really cuts him to the core more than even the Moira revelations did.
    Very intriguing.
    Last edited by JB; 04-18-2022 at 09:39 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!