Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

His failure is the time he rejected Hellion's offer to join the Brotherhood. He's disappointed with himself.

Which gives them the perfect opportunity to bring in Hellion for Storm's Brotherhood. It all comes full circle.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Skids to be an Mars XMan only to be Magneto's mole for the Brotherhood. She's done it before, she can do it again. Also I just want page time for Sally, she's a character who has unlimited potential. I could also see Voght doing double duty, but I live in hope that since Skids was mentioned as a back up for Armor for the SIX that we'll see her in Red.

AND I want Dazzler to show up after the X-Terminators mini since Bobby wants a disco revival and I'm considering that foreshadowing of her arrival on the Brotherhood.
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

I’d be super down for Dazzler joining this book!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThomBoleyn View Post
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Skids to be an Mars XMan only to be Magneto's mole for the Brotherhood. She's done it before, she can do it again. Also I just want page time for Sally, she's a character who has unlimited potential. I could also see Voght doing double duty, but I live in hope that since Skids was mentioned as a back up for Armor for the SIX that we'll see her in Red.

AND I want Dazzler to show up after the X-Terminators mini since Bobby wants a disco revival and I'm considering that foreshadowing of her arrival on the Brotherhood.
    That would be awesome!!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThomBoleyn View Post

I am also hoping for at least a cameo of skids, some find her boring but I love her bizarre number of affiliations for a D-List character she was part of the Morlocks, the X-tarminatiors, The New Mutants the MLF, the Acolytes, the 198, Utopia, shield, secret agent of Magneto, SWORD, she even sided with Apocalypse for a bit. . A good writer could do a lot with her.
    Last edited by Milici; 04-18-2022 at 02:40 PM.

I just read the interview and everything sounds great. As I said before this one and Immortal are my flagship X-Men titles and I really don't need the rest (Legion and X-Men are on stand by though). I am looking forward to Al Ewing versions of Ororo, Berto and Erick, and to what he can do with Cable and Thunderbird.

And of course, I am super excited about John. Ewing hit all the notes I wanted hin to hit respecting Thunderbird, the fact that both characters in the comics and readers in the real world have this sort of idealized version of him and the reality is this guy was outwolverining Logan in those 3 comics that he appeared in. John doesn't have the decades of characterization that Logan has, so he can go in unexpected new directions.
    The one thing I noticed though is that Al did say that John has a few places to appear in, so we might not see him in Red immediately. I just hope that there is a coordinated plan for his appearances and is not just a bunch of writers doing their own versions of John. Ewin's version is perfect right now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I’m here for whatever direction this book takes. In Storm, Magneto and Sunspot you have three generations of leaders. I hope we have John and Sunfire joining their ranks in the Brotherhood. A quest for Redroot. I’d like to see Manifold joining the Brotherhood as a secret agent for Storm. Brand needs to have Sunspot knock her down a few pegs.
    I mentioned it before, but i would find it neat if Storm recruits Marrow as an assistant for all the knife fighting business that might further occur with the Arraki. What ever she has the title of a regent or not, Storm is in a position where it makes sense to delegate such matters to other.
    Also i would find it more comfortable to see her having a designated role in the backround of X-men Red ala Peepers did in SWORD, than appearing in phantom teams that only ever show up once, or getting used on teams by... let's say writers who don't do her any good.

Doesn't hurt that she allready worked under all three central characters by now (she bounced around a lot in the last 8 years) and that her backround as Morlock and The Hill survivor actualy makes her much closer to an Arraki in spirit than many "normal" mutants from modern day Earth.

Though one has to wonder if holding a knife under someones neck and saying "I'm gonna dance in your blood!" is considered a form of flirting with them? That could be a culture shock even to her.

I see that Manifold is coming back. Awesome, probably one of, if not the, most interesting mutants created in the last few years. I hope that we also see Khora of the Burning Heart back, which I guess we will considering she is a Ewing creation.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Ahhhh!!! Emperor Teddy sighting!! I love love love how Ewing revisits the plots/stories/characters/threads he's previously worked on and loves. Ewing is KING!
    It reminds me of Claremont and how Sacretooth debuts in Iron Fist but pops up in later, different things. Same with Mystique, Deathbird (Ms. Marvel), etc etc (Except Cissy Ironwood lol)

Astonishing Member

Oooooh Brand is really getting under Storm's skin now lol she might not be glad that she did.

And I love how Ewing is setting up Sunspot to be a major player and rival to Brand. He's probably one of the only New Mutants member to get a HUGE push by talented writers. I credit Hickman for that honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Oooooh Brand is really getting under Storm's skin now lol she might not be glad that she did.

And I love how Ewing is setting up Sunspot to be a major player and rival to Brand. He's probably one of the only New Mutants member to get a HUGE push by talented writers. I credit Hickman for that honestly.
    Yeah its pretty bonkers how shuttling him of to the Avengers dramatically increased his appeal.
    I'd say Hickman deserves credit for planting the seed, but Ewing really was the water and sunlight that fostered him into the tactician who everyone underestimates as a brash playboy

I agree. Love the Sunspot tease. He's got a good handle on that character.

So will there be an X-Men team on Arrako in addition to Storm's Brotherhood?
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Yes. Ewing said this in the interview. My guess is they’re probably introduced in issue #2 and made up of some of the S.W.O.R.D. cast.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”