Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, with how all over the place his characterization has been in the past few movies, is it any wonder he needs to figure himself out?
    Can't say I see the problem. The original three movies give him one arc (maturing to be the king), then the events of Infinity War/Endgame upend his life and he comes out of it realizing he needs to do something else. They may have mashed the reset button a little too quickly after he became king, but one could argue that his realizing he couldn't be the leader that was needed and stepping aside for one that could was the mature decision, which would be a fair transition.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

This is the 'Thor Love And Thunder' thread. Not the Hawekeye. Let's not derail Thor's thread to talk about Hawkeye.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

New Thor L&T trailer to air on Monday during Game 4 of the NBA Eastern Conference Finals.

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/st...42949526929413
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Can't say I see the problem. The original three movies give him one arc (maturing to be the king), then the events of Infinity War/Endgame upend his life and he comes out of it realizing he needs to do something else. They may have mashed the reset button a little too quickly after he became king, but one could argue that his realizing he couldn't be the leader that was needed and stepping aside for one that could was the mature decision, which would be a fair transition.
    But if it all felt more consistent and not like they're moving from one characterization or direction to another so quickly or to fit whatever Thor the movie needs him to be, or wasted the arc of that trilogy, I feel like it would've been more believable.

As a whole arc in Endgame just didn't feel true to Thor at all (unless you read the OG!Guardians comics).

Consistency is not MCU Thor's strong point.

(Of course I don't even really see why MCU Valkyrie was a better choice but they didn't spend much time on New Asgard in general).

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

Was Jane blipped? Seems she got the years wrong. Might help explain a bit more of Thor's depression in Endgame.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    The parts with gorr look great the rest not so much it looks like the same tiered MCU comedy BS....

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    The parts with gorr look great the rest not so much it looks like the same tiered MCU comedy BS....
    I think you mean it looks like a Taika Waititi film. Which it does. This is very, very much his style across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I think you mean it looks like a Taika Waititi film. Which it does. This is very, very much his style across the board.
    He's other movies looked alright this doesn't look great.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    He's other movies looked alright this doesn't look great.
    You complained about the humor. Waititi does humor, that's his thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    You complained about the humor. Waititi does humor, that's his thing.
    I know but it looks bad here it was alright it he's other movies here it's bad I'm just going off the trailer.

Incredible Member

I guess some people won’t be happy until Marvel does a super serious dark and depressing movie. Fun booo! Humor booo! Bright colors boooo!

It looks how I expected-- where the cg is so overwhelming that it's desensitizing and the non cg elements look kind of stale and bland. Also, was it too much to make a helmet for Jane to wear? I don't see why that had to be cg.

I know Gorr is a fan favorite villain and Bale is a terrific actor. But's gonna be hard to be sympathetic if his thing is that "Gods are selfish and not doing enough." Cuz MCU Thor for all his flaws is fresh off saving half the universe and is less of a 'God' and more a really powerful alien doing his best and already suffered a ton. Gorr going after him now is like kicking a schmuck while he's barely out of his lowest point + managed to saved trilllions while dealing with it all.

that being said between Loki and Hela, if Gorr is another hit villain, i kinda feel bad for the actor playing Maleketh in Thor 2.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 05-23-2022 at 09:24 PM.

Won't take long for that fainting scene to become a meme. It's already spreading on Tumblr. (This is from mine.)

"一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.