Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

You people really think the folks working on these movies are all millionaires? Lol

Incredible Member James Cameron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    You people really think the folks working on these movies are all millionaires? Lol
    Who said that?
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Who said that?
    You implied it. Let's not play that game.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    In terms of character and story, the Thor movies have taken gigantic strides forward since Taika took over.
    I dunno about that, feels like it's gotten a little more exaggerated and thin rather than saying it's a marked improvement (even if it's leaning towards Hemsworth's specialty with comedy), but since they lean so hard on comedy and craziness it's not as much of an issue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno about that, feels like it's gotten a little more exaggerated and thin rather than saying it's a marked improvement (even if it's leaning towards Hemsworth's specialty with comedy), but since they lean so hard on comedy and craziness it's not as much of an issue.
    I mean, critical reaction and box office say otherwise.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    You implied it. Let's not play that game.
    It's not that serious! But I doubt anyone would think that. And there are a lot of people who are probably underpaid on these films. I don't think the CGI is always used in any artistic way, mostly for convenience. CGI suits and helmets is a red flag for me, but I know many people don't have issues with it and that's okay
    They/Them

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the Thor/Loki relationship in Ragnarok was developed in a subtle way. The conversation in the elevator showed Thor to be self aware and emotionally mature when it came to his brother. It was honestly the first time they came off as actual brothers.

Incredible Member

Omg relax dude. Clearly Marvel is putting people out of work currently, by going for heavy bland-looking CGI the artists of which are usually not unionized - so instead of hiring more makeup people, costume designers, etc they choose to go with those they can get away with underpaying. Don't lecture me about how rich people should stay rich, these movies look like crap and it's a shame for the characters and the people involved. They should take more time and focus on less output for better quality, and equal representation in front of and behind the camera.
    You call it a lecture when I was merely pointing out that your solution to a perceived problem was in itself problematic. I offered a better and easier solution. One that would not negatively affect the livelihoods of all the people who work on these movies/shows no matter their pay scale. One that would also not deny the fans who actually do like and enjoy these movies/shows.

You don’t enjoy it and that’s fine however why would you want to ruin it for the people that do? Just don’t watch and let others enjoy it. It’s not that hard.

I know but I don't think that means there weren't legitimate criticisms of the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I think the Thor/Loki relationship in Ragnarok was developed in a subtle way. The conversation in the elevator showed Thor to be self aware and emotionally mature when it came to his brother. It was honestly the first time they came off as actual brothers.
    I think they came off genuinely as brothers in the prior films, at least in the context of their situation, while Ragnarok played it more for comedy.

Yes because all movies that have good critical reaction and good box office have great characters and story I dare you to find one movie that made a billion dollars that says otherwise or a movie that all the critics love that doesn't have the best characters!
    Last edited by choptop; 06-24-2022 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    You call it a lecture when I was merely pointing out that your solution to a perceived problem was in itself problematic. I offered a better and easier solution. One that would not negatively affect the livelihoods of all the people who work on these movies/shows no matter their pay scale. One that would also not deny the fans who actually do like and enjoy these movies/shows.

You don’t enjoy it and that’s fine however why would you want to ruin it for the people that do? Just don’t watch and let others enjoy it. It’s not that hard.
    I mean....I don't. I said my piece and you had a problem with it. You're making up a hypothetical about how I'm putting people out of work all because I think Marvel should take a break. Maybe just leave me alone if you're not even going to acknowledge the point I was trying to make. Regardless it's my opinion and you can choose to ignore it if you find it problematic
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    With Holland it depends on Sony actually spiderman may not be part of the MCU in the future
    I think they actually ironed that out. I think that Holland will remain a part of the MCU, while Sony will be developing more movies based on side characters like Kraven and Morbius. God help us.

Not sure what people are talking about saying the new Thor looks bad or cheap. The visuals in the trailer have been pretty impressive. The only thing I'm not digging is Thor's new costume, which looks like some Kirby Third-World monstrosity.

Ultimate Member

I just want to point out that Marvel shot their first movies on film. That's why the early movies look grittier.

The first MCU film to be shot digitally was The First Avenger. The last MCU to use film for shooting at all was the first GoTG (Gunn combined both film and digital for that one).

All MCU movies (like 95% of all big-budget movies today) now are shot digitally. That's why the movies have that "sheen".

Thor 4 visuals don't look bad at all, in fact, they look very epic all things considered (i.e the pandemic).

Incredible Member

I mean....I don't. I said my piece and you had a problem with it. You're making up a hypothetical about how I'm putting people out of work all because I think Marvel should take a break. Maybe just leave me alone if you're not even going to acknowledge the point I was trying to make. Regardless it's my opinion and you can choose to ignore it if you find it problematic
    Maybe don’t share your ideas online if you don’t want any feedback. I simply pointed out the obvious. What do you think will happen if Marvel or any studio decided to take a year long break? I mean we saw it during the height of the pandemic. People would be out of work.

You may have good intentions but it’s a bad idea that won’t even solve the problems you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I think they actually ironed that out. I think that Holland will remain a part of the MCU, while Sony will be developing more movies based on side characters like Kraven and Morbius. God help us.

Not sure what people are talking about saying the new Thor looks bad or cheap. The visuals in the trailer have been pretty impressive. The only thing I'm not digging is Thor's new costume, which looks like some Kirby Third-World monstrosity.
    I just want him to wear his helmet for more than five minutes.