Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Imagine being so insecure that when a strong female shows up in the trailer for a movie you haven’t seen it sends you into a panic.

Must be rough.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    Imagine being so insecure that when a strong female shows up in the trailer for a movie you haven’t seen it sends you into a panic.

Must be rough.
    When the extreme majority of them are dumpster fires, what is there to imagine? A panic? Wow. No, just annoyed as I previously explained why

Just giving my opinion. I'm actually laughing reading this tough guy act.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 05-18-2022 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    When the extreme majority of them are dumpster fires, what is there to imagine? A panic? Wow. No, just annoyed as I previously explained why

Just giving my opinion. I'm actually laughing reading this tough guy act.
    Pretty sure they were referring to another poster. But you kinda proved the point regarding insecurity by the knee-jerk reaction lol

Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    The fact is people went good stories that don't fall into formulaic patterns ...you cant tell me since end game marvel hasnt fallen off a bit in terms of quality and writing...
    If people were so against formulaic patterns, they would have given up on MCU after like 3 movies.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Pretty sure they were referring to another poster. But you kinda proved the point regarding insecurity by the knee-jerk reaction lol
    His own post is the same type that Sage was mocking(and deservedly so), what with Godzilla's dislike of "the message" (what ever that is).
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    Loki...hawkeye...moonknight... same fomula...none of those shows were about the title character....
    Only one you might have an argument for is Hawkeye.

You're wrong about the rest. Especially MK.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

Well actually Moon Knight featured very little of Moon Knight at all. Marc and Steven, yes; MK... not so much.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

Wasn't Hawkeye clearly advertised early on as a co-lead, "training" Kate Bishop introduction show? I don't see how there can be a legitimate point in terms of bait and switch, or "not being about the title character'. I don't see a Disney+ show so far that didn't deliver what it was advertised as.

Astonishing Member

Ok this co lead stuff is such crap. First off who the hell cares. 2nd the winter solider had black widow as a co lead the entire movie. One could argue the Black Panther had several co lead female actors. Of course ant man and the wasp. Good lord I am sure there are others but these three just popped into my head.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Ok this co lead stuff is such crap. First off who the hell cares. 2nd the winter solider had black widow as a co lead the entire movie. One could argue the Black Panther had several co lead female actors. Of course ant man and the wasp. Good lord I am sure there are others but these three just popped into my head.
    An argument could be made that out of three movies, Captain America was only the sole lead for one (The First Avenger). Hell, his third 'solo' movie was really an Avengers movie.

That argument could also be made for Thor already (Loki and Hulk were co-leads on the second and third movies).

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Wasn't Hawkeye clearly advertised early on as a co-lead, "training" Kate Bishop introduction show? I don't see how there can be a legitimate point in terms of bait and switch, or "not being about the title character'. I don't see a Disney+ show so far that didn't deliver what it was advertised as.
    It was. Kate Bishop was front and center in all of the marketing, going all the way back to when it was initially announced.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    It was. Kate Bishop was front and center in all of the marketing, going all the way back to when it was initially announced.
    And she got all the backstory and one of the main emotional arcs. Not that Clint didn't have at least an arc, but they actually cut a scene of backstory for him.

They also connected one of the pivotal figures in Clint's life, Swordsman, to Kate.

Astonishing Member

An argument could be made that out of three movies, Captain America was only the sole lead for one (The First Avenger). Hell, his third 'solo' movie was really an Avengers movie.

That argument could also be made for Thor already (Loki and Hulk were co-leads on the second and third movies).

Yup. One could easily argue that. Heck one could say Iron man 2 had War Machine as a co lead. All of this is silly.

Astonishing Member

And that was great. Cause Kate in the MCU is like 50 times more interesting than Hawkeye. And I don't have anything against Hawkeye. Using these other heroes to introduce new ones is the perfect way to do things.

Ultimate Member

Hawkeye featured two characters that are named that in the comics. So it wasnt really a stretch to see the series feature them as co-leads.

Falcon and Winter Soldier had them as co-leads.

Moon Knight was the Oscar Isaac show. Full stop.

Loki was centered very much around the 616 Loki. Sylvie was a co-lead later into the series but its a stretch (again) to say it had some agenda. It was very Loki focused.

And lastly, even these shows had an agenda, why is it a bad thing if the stories are still good? Its becoming rather uncomfortable when I see people accuse everything of being an agenda. Lots of young people fall into this rabbit hole for no reason at all.