Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I would have to disagree, also for the note that they have already used all those characters you mentioned.

-Spidey already has 3 films and has made appearance in other films like civil war and endgame
    -you can say the same for dr strange and he has 2 solo outings
    -black panther, I feel they should have recast
    -X-MEN and F4 been judged by what we seen from dr strange 2, Marvel has nothing to showcase these characters especially with what fox already managed to cover in x-men.
    Characters they can (and will) keep giving sequels to. Holland will be back, Hemsworth has said he'll keep doing Thor as long as Marvel wants him, Cumberbatch also said he'll keep playing Strange.

People think Iron-man and Cap were the cream of the crop. As much as I love those characters (I've collected both for 30 years) no one wanted a bar of them. It was the films that made them popular. Same with any character.

F4 and X-men are vast enough to keep pumping out films for Marvel for the next 20 years (X-men moreso).

This argument that "all the good characters are gone" is total bs.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I would have to disagree, also for the note that they have already used all those characters you mentioned.

-Spidey already has 3 films and has made appearance in other films like civil war and endgame
    -you can say the same for dr strange and he has 2 solo outings
    -black panther, I feel they should have recast
    -X-MEN and F4 been judged by what we seen from dr strange 2, Marvel has nothing to showcase these characters especially with what fox already managed to cover in x-men.

And with F4, I think in that 2005-2007 era of comic films, the standard was just darm too high. Spiderman 2, Batman Begins, X-Men 2. The F4 films fell short, but when I look at those F4 films now in 2022. If those F4 films were to come out now, they will get dr strange and shang chi kind of reviews.

I cannot spoil much about multiverse of madness in terms of plot, but what I will say is that when you watch dr strange 2, the movies fails artistically using x-men on film in a quite fantastic juxtaposition of what made x-men 1 succeed in changing the genre for the better. what dr strange 2 has shown is that Feige's understanding of xmen may be very limited in knowing what made x-men a far different series than the rest of the marvel clan, to the extent that they have their own universe that can stand on their own without the rest of marvel.

There is also barley even any energy to spend or waste talking about what the blazes Patrick Stewart and John Krasinski was doing in dr strange 2. it felt like gaslighting of their characters and I am happy some critics were bold enough to call this out when they reviewed the movie. Yahoo review even saying, Stewart been in the film was disrespectful to the Logan movie.I think this is how disappointing dr strange 2 truly felt using the multiverse as a platform to twerk some xmen/f4 stuff unnecessary crossovers.

Watching dr strange 2 and NHW and their dependency of more crossovers as with love and thunder mixing up with GOTG. It already looks stuffy, because you have like 2 hours 20 minutes. this does not feel like enough time to squeeze in jane's story of becoming female thor which should be a big deal and a lot of Asgard stuff to then now make room for GOTG. So it feels like there are plenty of more characters to gaslight than actually use for long lasting remembrance.
    I’m not gonna say much, but it doesn’t matter if they’ve used those characters already - they’re still being used currently.

I think it’s pretty obvious that the two characters you’re talking about (you might want to put spoiler tags around the actors’ names btw as this is an unrelated thread) were multiversal versions, so don’t have any impact on what came before and also aren’t indicative of how those characters will be used in the future.

The movie doesn’t look very overstuffed really, it’s only overstuffed when you consider the comics. It’s very possibly to merge the two runs into something complete, as it is an adaptation. Jane’s turn as Thor is clearly being a main focal point of the movie. The nature of a cinematic universe calls for crossovers sometimes, which can lead to great things in the film. I’m sure you weren’t against it in the Snyder cut, it shouldn’t matter here. Not to mention it’s very clear that GOTG are barely in it
    What do you mean by gaslighting here? I’ve never heard it used in this context.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I’m not gonna say much, but it doesn’t matter if they’ve used those characters already - they’re still being used currently.

I think it’s pretty obvious that the two characters you’re talking about (you might want to put spoiler tags around the actors’ names btw as this is an unrelated thread) were multiversal versions, so don’t have any impact on what came before and also aren’t indicative of how those characters will be used in the future.

The movie doesn’t look very overstuffed really, it’s only overstuffed when you consider the comics. It’s very possibly to merge the two runs into something complete, as it is an adaptation. Jane’s turn as Thor is clearly being a main focal point of the movie. The nature of a cinematic universe calls for crossovers sometimes, which can lead to great things in the film. I’m sure you weren’t against it in the Snyder cut, it shouldn’t matter here. Not to mention it’s very clear that GOTG are barely in it
    What do you mean by gaslighting here? I’ve never heard it used in this context.
    I guess that's one of the perks of scaling the cast back so much. Other than whatever role Sif might have Valkyrie is the only relevant Asgardian character left in the supporting cast and she wasn't introduced until the third movie.

All-New Member

Last 3 weeks and I made a trailer for the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfxgVQrSlI0

How is it guys? I'm waiting your thoughts

The movie has had its premiere and some screenings for critics - I’ve heard spoilers are popping up around social media, so be wary everyone!

Marvel should take a break for a year. All their movies and shows look ridiculously cheap and ugly now. Why are there so many thinngs that should be physical props that are CGI instead? And you'd think with how many digital effects there are there would be at least a little more effort put into composition and lighting. These movies look bland with a dreary sense of sameness to all of them, without any heart, they're just pieces of content, and something with so much cultural relevance deserves better. Definitely going to pass on this movie because I haven't seen even one shot that looks decent.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Marvel should take a break for a year. All their movies and shows look ridiculously cheap and ugly now. Why are there so many thinngs that should be physical props that are CGI instead? And you'd think with how many digital effects there are there would be at least a little more effort put into composition and lighting. These movies look bland with a dreary sense of sameness to all of them, without any heart, they're just pieces of content, and something with so much cultural relevance deserves better. Definitely going to pass on this movie because I haven't seen even one shot that looks decent.
    There is a murkiness to Marvel movies. They could use a break and return with creative fresh ideas. Thor: Love and Thunder indeed looks cheap in contrast to the very first movie.

Extraordinary Member

In terms of character and story, the Thor movies have taken gigantic strides forward since Taika took over.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Incredible Member

Instead of putting people out of work for no reason you and others who share that opinion could take a break for a year or longer if you prefer. You aren’t being forced to see these movies so there is no justification to deny that experience to people that do. Especially since there is no reason to believe that taking a year off would even address any of your complaints.

If you want to take a break from watching Marvel movies go right ahead. Take however long you need. That’s a better solution for everyone.

Co-signed for truth. They should also take a break from creating new Star Wars stuff for a few years as well, IMHO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    Instead of putting people out of work for no reason you and others who share that opinion could take a break for a year or longer if you prefer. You aren’t being forced to see these movies so there is no justification to deny that experience to people that do. Especially since there is no reason to believe that taking a year off would even address any of your complaints.

If you want to take a break from watching Marvel movies go right ahead. Take however long you need. That’s a better solution for everyone.
    Omg relax dude. Clearly Marvel is putting people out of work currently, by going for heavy bland-looking CGI the artists of which are usually not unionized - so instead of hiring more makeup people, costume designers, etc they choose to go with those they can get away with underpaying. Don't lecture me about how rich people should stay rich, these movies look like crap and it's a shame for the characters and the people involved. They should take more time and focus on less output for better quality, and equal representation in front of and behind the camera.
    They/Them

Extraordinary Member

Exactly this.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Yes because if they aren't doing MCU movies there's no other work for them poor million airs lol hey I don't want them to stop making MCU movies but this is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Characters they can (and will) keep giving sequels to. Holland will be back, Hemsworth has said he'll keep doing Thor as long as Marvel wants him, Cumberbatch also said he'll keep playing Strange.

People think Iron-man and Cap were the cream of the crop. As much as I love those characters (I've collected both for 30 years) no one wanted a bar of them. It was the films that made them popular. Same with any character.

F4 and X-men are vast enough to keep pumping out films for Marvel for the next 20 years (X-men moreso).

This argument that "all the good characters are gone" is total bs.
    With Holland it depends on Sony actually spiderman may not be part of the MCU in the future

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Yes because if they aren't doing MCU movies there's no other work for them poor million airs lol hey I don't want them to stop making MCU movies but this is just silly.
    People who act like you're some kind of bigot because you don't like bad **** are so weird. It's ok to like bad things but don't act like criticism is hate speech
    They/Them