Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

I hope the film has at least two #1 weekends, hopefully three. keep the good momentum going. Four successful solo films in a row. Superman has not had that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just want him to wear his helmet for more than five minutes.
    That's actually my biggest problem with this new outfit. That helmet is atrocious! Give me the winged helmet any day!

Should there be a new thread to discuss the movie when it comes out or do we just keep this one going?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Should there be a new thread to discuss the movie when it comes out or do we just keep this one going?
    I don't see any reason to make a new thread?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    There should probably be a spoilers thread

I don’t see this movie looking “cheaper” than Ragnarok, though I do agree Marvel’s CGI in general has taken a bit of a nosedive in recent years, presumably down to the sheer amount of content they produce.

I also don’t think the general audience care about a few bad green screen effects though so I don’t think it’s Marvel’s top priority

I for one am very excited for this film - I love what Waititi did with his first movie, and hopefully I’ll like this enough that I’ll want him back for a third!

BANNED

This looks like a turd. What's more is I think people know it's a turd but are too blinded by MCU loyalty to question it anymore.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    That's actually my biggest problem with this new outfit. That helmet is atrocious! Give me the winged helmet any day!
    I don't like the costumes either. Jane looks weighed down in the attire.
    Last edited by Fridays; 06-25-2022 at 04:03 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know but I don't think that means there weren't legitimate criticisms of the movie.

I think they came off genuinely as brothers in the prior films, at least in the context of their situation, while Ragnarok played it more for comedy.
    I found the earlier movies to be too melodramatic. At no point was there anything resembling actual sincere sibling dynamic.

The Elevator scene was quiet and subtle showing an emotional maturity to both characters that was entirely absent before. The only joke is at the end where Thor suggests "Get Help." Even that humor was more subdued and based in sibling history than the humor in the rest of the movie. Despite complaints about the humor in Ragnarok, the Thor/Loki story was played seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    This looks like a turd. What's more is I think people know it's a turd but are too blinded by MCU loyalty to question it anymore.
    This sounds a lot like Principal Skinner’s classic quote; “Am I out of touch? No, it’s the children who are wrong”

People just have different opinions, it isn’t some hive mind loyalty
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    Maybe don’t share your ideas online if you don’t want any feedback. I simply pointed out the obvious. What do you think will happen if Marvel or any studio decided to take a year long break? I mean we saw it during the height of the pandemic. People would be out of work.

You may have good intentions but it’s a bad idea that won’t even solve the problems you mentioned.
    Dude, it's like I said, you are the one with problems here. You're making up a hypothetical scenario and strawmanning to distract from what I was trying to say. You're just making up the premise of my argument without even knowing what it is. I said exactly why I think they should take a break, I never said they should cancel their projects and lay off everyone. Maybe if you were curious you could have just asked instead of assuming I want a bunch of people fired? I mean what the hell, this conversation and the hoops you're jumping through is mind boggling to me. What we are talking about is not real. I never advocated for people being out of work because I never said that in any of my posts, because it's a hypothetical scenario!! There are dozens of reasons Marvel could take a break and the only reason I said that is because their movies look cheap and bad now. I share my ideas online in the hopes that those ideas can be discussed, without someone just making up a story of how I'm problematic and making people jobless because of my opinion about Marvel's recent quality. I mean give me a break, am I talking to a child here? If you don't care about what I'm saying, you don't have to respons, but please don't make up random scenarios and put words in my mouth.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I found the earlier movies to be too melodramatic. At no point was there anything resembling actual sincere sibling dynamic.

The Elevator scene was quiet and subtle showing an emotional maturity to both characters that was entirely absent before. The only joke is at the end where Thor suggests "Get Help." Even that humor was more subdued and based in sibling history than the humor in the rest of the movie. Despite complaints about the humor in Ragnarok, the Thor/Loki story was played seriously.
    I mean, of course it was melodramatic, they were mining it for drama which made their final fight more poignant and meaningful. But the scenes before the reveal of Loki's schemes like in the meeting before they attack the Frost Giants or even in the sequel when they're talking about Frigga's deaths, they feel like proper brothers considering the circumstances of their relationship.

I don't think "emotional maturity" was lacking in their relationship prior to Ragnarok (although I agree they were being pretty self-aware in that scene) besides Loki's jealousy of Thor driving part of his motivation, but I was thinking of them talking about their experiences as kids, Thor exposing Loki, and their handling of Loki on Sakaar. The scene that felt most genuine to me was the one on the ship at the end before Thanos attacked.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    This sounds a lot like Principal Skinner’s classic quote; “Am I out of touch? No, it’s the children who are wrong”

People just have different opinions, it isn’t some hive mind loyalty
    Such a simple truth. It’s fascinating how hard it is for some to see it. They would rather come up with illogical reasons for how anyone could like something that they don’t. Truly fascinating.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Dude, it's like I said, you are the one with problems here. You're making up a hypothetical scenario and strawmanning to distract from what I was trying to say. You're just making up the premise of my argument without even knowing what it is. I said exactly why I think they should take a break, I never said they should cancel their projects and lay off everyone. Maybe if you were curious you could have just asked instead of assuming I want a bunch of people fired? I mean what the hell, this conversation and the hoops you're jumping through is mind boggling to me. What we are talking about is not real. I never advocated for people being out of work because I never said that in any of my posts, because it's a hypothetical scenario!! There are dozens of reasons Marvel could take a break and the only reason I said that is because their movies look cheap and bad now. I share my ideas online in the hopes that those ideas can be discussed, without someone just making up a story of how I'm problematic and making people jobless because of my opinion about Marvel's recent quality. I mean give me a break, am I talking to a child here? If you don't care about what I'm saying, you don't have to respons, but please don't make up random scenarios and put words in my mouth.
    I’m not making up anything nor putting any words in your mouth. You said Marvel should take a year long break. That was you.

What do you think would happen if any studio actually did that? It’s a simple question.

For the record I don’t think you want people to lose work. You just didn’t think about what the consequences of your idea would be. It’s an honest oversight with no malice on your part. No harm no foul. Just maybe think these things through a bit more next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    There should probably be a spoilers thread
    I never understood spoil threads after a movie is out it's a free for all if you don't want to be spoiled that's you're responsible.