Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I took it for what it is, but the movie is still a waste.

I am long gone from seeing the Comic Thor on the big screen, instead we get Chris Hemsworth Thor, a totally different character. I can live with that now, but that was too much, too childish.

It seems the whole movie is just a parody.

Oh and guys, don't take your girls with you to the movie, they will get their pants wet when Chris...ahhh forget it ;-)

Just saw it and I loved it. Had some issues but overall fun from front to back. Some spots of well done drama and good acting.

One of my issues though was the kids powered up thing. If he could do this the whole time then he really is a dummy. Hawkeye running around with a bow and arrow when Thor coulda gave him a temp power boost this whole time. Also actor from Ted lasso playing Hercules. Great eyebrows for the part and a wonderful actor. Other then that I don’t see it. Dude is half of Hemsworth. They Better give him all the steroids these next couple years.

The catch phrase Jane whispered fin his ear that we didn’t get to hear. Any chance it’s Have at Thee? Lol also is that girl now an avatar of Eternity ? Anyway fun silly movie , with parts of real heart
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 07-08-2022 at 04:53 AM.

I liked it. I don’t think it’s as good as Ragnarok, but that’s a fairly difficult movie to top imo.

Like Doctor Strange 2 was a very Sam Raimi film, I felt this was a VERY Taika Waititi film, it just didn’t work as well for me as Raimi’s did.

Less than good:

The first half was definitely the weakest, with a lot of jokes that either didn’t land, or could have been funnier. However I enjoyed the stuff featuring the GOTG which included some great action.

Although Asgard as a quaint tourist village is fun for a while, I wish they embraced something more akin to the Straczynski run, just to make the Asgardians maintain a bit more of their culture (it would also look great to have a floating city)

Portman is best when she’s not Thor but just regular Jane (not that I’m against Jane Foster as Thor, I just don’t think she played it that well)

Korg and Valkyrie are still good, but underused imo

Good bits;

Second half of the movie is pretty great to me.

Christian Bale is FANTASTIC as Gorr. I really wish there was more of him in the final cut, and I will be delving into those deleted scenes when/if they get released.

I know a lot of people are annoyed with Hemsworth’s version of Thor post-Ragnarok, but I really like him as this version. There’s something really likeable about his naïveté, and a lot of his gags work for me. I think his dramatic moments play better nowadays as they play off his comedic moments - offering more contrast and a more dynamic range, and I think it works. Especially toward the end.

The action scenes in the second half were great, and I thought the creatures Gorr created were very creepy, another reason I would have liked more about him in the film!

There were some really great visuals in this movie, showing that Waititi really does have a good eye for these far out concepts, though he may have bitten off more than he can chew for a two hour movie.

I loved where the film left Thor’s story, and overall I’m excited to see where he goes from here. As a fan of the comics, it is best to leave your expectations for the source material behind and try and get to grips with this not being a panel-to-panel adaptation of the character and the Jason Aaron run. Having said that, the plot is fairly straightforward and nowhere near as “epic” as the God Butcher storyline. But nevertheless, Gorr is the stand out for me.

Post credits scenes were fine, however I had built up my expectations for something else, and was let down by the actual scene.

I’ll probably be watching this again soon, so thoughts may change, but overall I liked it a lot, and it’s certainly my second favourite of the Thor movies. It’s great fun.

Worst part about the film was featuring so much Guns and Roses, a band I despise

Extraordinary Member

Just saw it last night and I liked it. My only gripe with it, though, was that the tonal shifts were jarring.

SPOILERS:

One moment we're weeping over Gorr's departed daughter or worried about how much Jane is pushing herself and then the next we're laughing at Thor's gifted goats or Korg being reduced to just a face. Kinda got a bit of whiplash with how quick these moments went from one to the other the way that they did.

That said, I've never agreed that the humor in these movies ever undercut the drama, even this one. I was never once not concerned for Jane and I completely got the menace of Gorr while also at the same time empathizing with him. I've read some say that this is the MCU at it's lowest, but that spot is still firmly cemented in place by IM3 and Dark World.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I really disliked it. Where was the plot?!? I cannot take any emotional beats seriously if literally everything is a punch line. Characters are delusional and without substance. Why is it so complicated to give us a complex storyline int these movies? The CGI was so bad and too much green screen galore.

I ADORED Thor: Ragnarok and loved all movies Waititi has done but this was really awful in my eyes. It really reminded me of Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

The MCU is really losing a fan here with the last several movies...I also think as a comicbook adaptation it was a really bad one.

Won't see this movie a second time. Probably ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I liked it. I don’t think it’s as good as Ragnarok, but that’s a fairly difficult movie to top imo.

Like Doctor Strange 2 was a very Sam Raimi film, I felt this was a VERY Taika Waititi film, it just didn’t work as well for me as Raimi’s did.

Less than good:

The first half was definitely the weakest, with a lot of jokes that either didn’t land, or could have been funnier. However I enjoyed the stuff featuring the GOTG which included some great action.

Although Asgard as a quaint tourist village is fun for a while, I wish they embraced something more akin to the Straczynski run, just to make the Asgardians maintain a bit more of their culture (it would also look great to have a floating city)

Portman is best when she’s not Thor but just regular Jane (not that I’m against Jane Foster as Thor, I just don’t think she played it that well)

Korg and Valkyrie are still good, but underused imo

Good bits;

Second half of the movie is pretty great to me.

Christian Bale is FANTASTIC as Gorr. I really wish there was more of him in the final cut, and I will be delving into those deleted scenes when/if they get released.

I know a lot of people are annoyed with Hemsworth’s version of Thor post-Ragnarok, but I really like him as this version. There’s something really likeable about his naïveté, and a lot of his gags work for me. I think his dramatic moments play better nowadays as they play off his comedic moments - offering more contrast and a more dynamic range, and I think it works. Especially toward the end.

The action scenes in the second half were great, and I thought the creatures Gorr created were very creepy, another reason I would have liked more about him in the film!

There were some really great visuals in this movie, showing that Waititi really does have a good eye for these far out concepts, though he may have bitten off more than he can chew for a two hour movie.

I loved where the film left Thor’s story, and overall I’m excited to see where he goes from here. As a fan of the comics, it is best to leave your expectations for the source material behind and try and get to grips with this not being a panel-to-panel adaptation of the character and the Jason Aaron run. Having said that, the plot is fairly straightforward and nowhere near as “epic” as the God Butcher storyline. But nevertheless, Gorr is the stand out for me.

Post credits scenes were fine, however I had built up my expectations for something else, and was let down by the actual scene.

I’ll probably be watching this again soon, so thoughts may change, but overall I liked it a lot, and it’s certainly my second favourite of the Thor movies. It’s great fun.

Worst part about the film was featuring so much Guns and Roses, a band I despise
    Yeah the Guns and Roses got on my nerves too but the comic book accuracy made up for it.

Extraordinary Member

Thor: Love & Thunder earns B+ Cinemascore. - Reddit
    ThunderBird847 2 hours ago quote
    Source - https://twitter.com/CinemaScore/stat...OsP2MHpgA&s=19
    Check out the comments below.
    Thor: Love & Thunder earns B+ Cinemascore. - Reddit
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudi...b_cinemascore/

BANNED

I always said one day that Batman and Robin would make a sizeable amount of money if made now. Love & Thunder vindicates me.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    I always said one day that Batman and Robin would make a sizeable amount of money if made now. Love & Thunder vindicates me.
    Imagine that being released today.

Unglaublich!

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I really disliked it. Where was the plot?!? I cannot take any emotional beats seriously if literally everything is a punch line. Characters are delusional and without substance. Why is it so complicated to give us a complex storyline int these movies? The CGI was so bad and too much green screen galore.

I ADORED Thor: Ragnarok and loved all movies Waititi has done but this was really awful in my eyes. It really reminded me of Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

The MCU is really losing a fan here with the last several movies...I also think as a comicbook adaptation it was a really bad one.

Won't see this movie a second time. Probably ever.
    I've been trying to put my finger on what it reminded me of, and you've nailed it in the bold part.

GOTG2... another movie that seemed to dial everything up as high as it could go for no obvious reason.

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Just saw it and I loved it. Had some issues but overall fun from front to back. Some spots of well done drama and good acting.

One of my issues though was the kids powered up thing. If he could do this the whole time then he really is a dummy. Hawkeye running around with a bow and arrow when Thor coulda gave him a temp power boost this whole time. Also actor from Ted lasso playing Hercules. Great eyebrows for the part and a wonderful actor. Other then that I don’t see it. Dude is half of Hemsworth. They Better give him all the steroids these next couple years.

The catch phrase Jane whispered fin his ear that we didn’t get to hear. Any chance it’s Have at Thee? Lol also is that girl now an avatar of Eternity ? Anyway fun silly movie , with parts of real heart
    This is so dead on. I LOVED the ending. Loved, loved, loved! As a father I was near tears watching Gorr choose to resurrect his daughter instead of kill the gods and loved Thor adopting her. Overall, I think Gorr is the best villain in MCU besides Loki and Thanos, who had far more screentime to grow on us. But I had a hard time not rooting for Gorr to kill the vast majority of the gods.

But there were just so many missteps with plot, pacing, and terrible acting. (Or maybe I'm wrong and they were supposed to be acting terribly for comedy effect?) The first fight and the Zues fight were little more than cameos so they could say GoG and RUssel Crowe were in the movie. Wish they expanded that and more scenes of the Godbutcher ...well butchering Gods! I feel Christain Bale was so underused here.

Also, was hoping for a Valk/Lady Sif ship that I'd read was teased. They'd go together well since Thor isn't with Sif in MCU.
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

I liked it. I didn't really expect much after turning the 3rd movie, the destruction of an entire species, into a comedy. I was surprised at how much of it was presented seriously. For me it was the best of the four Thor movies with the possible exception of the first one. Loved seeing the Jane Foster Thor.

I realized it couldn't be the same story it was in the comics. With Odin and Frigg dead and the situation being very different, the story had to change. For that matter, Frigg being Thor's mother in the comics during the Jane Thor saga was itself a rewrite of history since established Marvel canon was that Gaia was Thor's mother.

Loved pretty much everything about the Jane Thor part. Zeus was comedy. Why does Thor even need the thunderbolt? Has he forgotten that he is himself the god of lightning? Oh, speaking of which, Odin: "We're not gods!" We're people from another planet who are powerful and highly advanced and, in the Arthur C. Clarke style, taken for gods on primitive worlds. POOF! Well, okay. I guess now, complete rewrite of movie history and now they are gods and the other gods are not just from other planets but gods.

Oh, and as someone mentioned, if Thor could do that temporary powerup all along, Hawkeye and Natasha sure could have kicked butt beyond belief with that kind of a powerup. A suspicious person might think the writer just made that power up on the spot.

But, overall, the best or second best of the Thor movies. It was no "Spiderman: No Way Home". But, by the standards of the Thor movies, very good.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    A review compared the movie to Batman and Robin. I can believe it could be that bad since Marvel has been loosing their shit for years now.

I enjoyed it.

I can see a future sequel revolving around Jane leading the Valkeries out of Valhalla.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

Look at that. A fun story where Jane has Mjolnir but Thor is STILL WORTHY.

Who’d a thunk it.

I give this movie 9 out of 10. Would have been a 10 but they didn’t use the song…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2AC41dglnM
    Last edited by brettc1; 07-09-2022 at 04:32 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor