Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Thor: Love And Thunder 'Here There Be Spoilers'

I searched and didn't find a thread on this. If I somehow missed it, mods please merge.

Continuing the 80's vibe from Ragnarok. Nice.

I'm very much looking forward to this one.
    Power with Girl is better.

This is probably one of the more low-key Marvel teasers for a movie I have ever seen, going more into Thor's character and emotional arc than the actual plot. I don't think Gorr is even in it, at least that I can see.

That runthrough of the phases of Thors' life! Classic Thor !

"I need to figure out exactly who I am" - Because my characterization tends to change to whatever the movie needs me to be.

I'm guessing Thor goes on an initial mission with the Guardians at the start of the movie, but, not fitting in or feeling it, they have to leave him behind so he can find himself again. Also, Mantis with a gun.

Olympus looks suitably epic and like an even harder Sci-Fi Asgard .

Toothgnasher and Toothgrinder!

Well, at least now the Asgardians have their flying viking ships back in New Asgard, but they're taking meetings in business suits. I don't like modern mundane Asgard .

We finally see Jane at the end during what looks like a big viking battle in a city.

Seeing Thor training with chains to lose weight. I'll say it now- it was a tremendous miss for him NOT to be training with Star Lord's Bowflex.

Honestly, it was kind of a Meh trailer for me. Probably because I wanted to see more of Female Thor than I got.

[IMG][/IMG]

The very definition of a teaser!

I imagine this is pretty much the beginning of the movie. And I’d wager that the shot of Thor and Korg overlooking that massive dead creature is Gorr’s first victim that Thor sees.

It could be a very interesting dynamic to see Gorr facing off against a content Thor who feels he’s done with fighting. I’m sure that would anger gorr more

I wonder if Thor meditating at that tree will involve him hearing prayers?

Astonishing Member

Fun that we are getting more of the Marvel Pantheon of Gods in the MCU. We will have Olympus and the Greek gods here it looks like and we are getting Egyptian pantheon in Moon Knight to go along with the Asgardians we have had from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    The very definition of a teaser!

I imagine this is pretty much the beginning of the movie. And I’d wager that the shot of Thor and Korg overlooking that massive dead creature is Gorr’s first victim that Thor sees.

It could be a very interesting dynamic to see Gorr facing off against a content Thor who feels he’s done with fighting. I’m sure that would anger gorr more

I wonder if Thor meditating at that tree will involve him hearing prayers?
    I think the mission with the Guardians is probably from the very beginning and when Thor decides to retire to find himself again.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Fun that we are getting more of the Marvel Pantheon of Gods in the MCU. We will have Olympus and the Greek gods here it looks like and we are getting Egyptian pantheon in Moon Knight to go along with the Asgardians we have had from the start.
    And Gorr might end up killing most of them...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Would be a Taika Waititi move to introduce them and kill them off immediately.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Ultimate Member

Observations:

1. Thor questioning himself, the film seem to following the God Butcher arc in some form.

2. That giant dead god was lifted straight out of Aaron's run. I hope Esad Ribic gets some credit at the end of the film, it was one of the more awesome panels in the arc.

3. Interestingly, Mjolnir looks exactly like the way it does right now it does in the comic with it being reforged.

4. People were afraid the movie will be a Jane Foster movie but it looks like a very, very Thor-centric film.

5. Why didn't we get to see Bale's Gorr?? I hope he isn't wasted like Christopher Ecclestone in Thor 2. Bale is one of the better actors working today and I would love to see what he does with the character.

Natalie Portman with a gun show.

Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And the surviving Asgardians take up residence in Olympus, make it New New Asgard?

Mighty Member

This was an okay teaser, this seems like the opening few minutes of the movie, so I'll reserve judgment of what the tone of the movie will be.

Taika Waititi literally lifts the scene with Falligar the Behemoth straight from the comics, that's enough to have me some what excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Observations:

1. Thor questioning himself, the film seem to following the God Butcher arc in some form.

2. That giant dead god was lifted straight out of Aaron's run. I hope Esad Ribic gets some credit at the end of the film, it was one of the more awesome panels in the arc.

3. Interestingly, Mjolnir looks exactly like the way it does right now it does in the comic with it being reforged.

4. People were afraid the movie will be a Jane Foster movie but it looks like a very, very Thor-centric film.

5. Why didn't we get to see Bale's Gorr?? I hope he isn't wasted like Christopher Ecclestone in Thor 2. Bale is one of the better actors working today and I would love to see what he does with the character.
    People were afraid of a Jane Foster movie? I was praying for it and I'm a little --upset? because it seems very Odinson-centric.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

A teaser for sure.

Curious how much of a setup the Greek Gods are for perhaps an eventual Hercules film or at least him joining the Avengers for when Chris Hemms is done playing Thor.

I'd say we got mostly scenes from the first act.

Very curious about this followup.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime