Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Just got out from seeing it. Mixed feelings. I prefer this over Ragnarok, I think it's a bit more balanced and focused narratively than that film. However there is still an issue with getting the level of humour right.

Will do a full spoiler post later but a few points

spoilers:

• Gorr's origin opens the film.

• Darcy and Selvig are back briefly.

• So is Damon, O'neill and Luke Hewmsworth for another performance. This time reenacting the events of Ragnarok with Melissa McCarthy as Hela.

• Guardians are in it for 10 minutes tops.

• Sif returns. She is the one who calls Thor for help and alerts him about Gorr. She has fought him before Thor finds her. She loses her arm, but she is taken to New Asgard for treatment. So Sif fans can rest easy. She doesn't die.

• Gorr himself is made more sympathetic here.

• Jane gets Moljnir after going to New Asgard looking for a way to treat her cancer. Because Thor once told Mojlnir to protect Jane, it became an oath on it. So it reforms when she is near it. So her being able to wield it is due to being both worthy and magic.

• Gorr attacks New Asgard. But when he is repelled, he takes all the children in the town and holds them hostage in the shadow realm to lure Thor to him.

• Val, Korg, Thor and Jane head to Omnipotence City to try and recruit a team of gods. But the gods wish to have no part and want to hide away until Gorr naturally dies. They accept the few gods slain as acceptable as they were lower level.

• Zeus is portrayed with more like Con The Fruiterer (look it up. It's a comedy character here in Australia). When he refuses to help, Thor asks to borrow the Lightning Bolt. Which he also refuses.

• Zeus almost kills Korg with his Lighting Bolt. He attacks Thor who catches it and uses it to spear Zeus in the chest.

• Thor takes the Lightning bolt and they head to the shadow realm (The film fades into monochrome for this). But when they get there it is a trap. Gorr wishes to use Stormbreaker to use the Bifrost to get to the gates of Eternity.

• Gorr wishes to get Eternity to make a wish to wipe out all the gods at once. Valkyrie is wounded and they are forced to retreat. Not before Gorr gets Stormbreaker.

• Thor and Jane rekindle their romance. So those who hated that will be disappointed. He tells Jane not to use Moljnir again as it is draining her strength and ability to fight her cancer.

• Thor heads to the gates of Eternity alone using the Lightning Bolt. He rescues the children of Asgard and lends them his power so they all can use the power of Thor. They help him fight Gorr's shadow creatures.

• Gorr and Thor fight again. This time Gorr gets the upper hand and overpowers him. Jane can sense this and picks up Moljnir again and goes to help him. Saving him before Gorr can kill him.

• Both fight Gorr and manage to break the Necrosword. But it's too late, the gates are open and Gorr enters to face Eternity. Both Jane and Thor follow him.

• The fight has left Jane weak. Thor appeals to Gorr. Saying it's not revenge he seeks, but love. He tells Gorr he has won and that he intends to spend his last moments with a dying Jane.

• Gorr remembers his daughter. But is fearful if he wishes her back, she will be alone. Jane says she won't. So he asks Eternity to bring her back. She is reborn from eternity. Gorr dies.

• Jane succumbs and dies.

• The film ends with Thor living with Gorr's daughter who he was decided to take as his own. They travel around to all the planet's whose gods Gorr killed to protect their people.

End Credits

• Zeus is being tended too and laments that Thor was right. The Gods have become a joke and now everybody turns to the sky praying to superheroes. That it is time for people to be reminded. At this point we are introduced to Hercules. Who Zeus tasks with reminding the people of Earth about Gods and heroes.

• Jane enters Valhalla. Heimdall welcomes her, thanks her for rescuing his son and says she is welcome to join the halls as a fellow god.

• Thor will return is shown at the end of the credits.
    end of spoilers

Sounds like a pretty great movie. It's also not as convoluted as I thought.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gitagon View Post
    Sounds like a pretty great movie. It's also not as convoluted as I thought.
    It isn't. It's pretty straightforward in that regard.

That first post credits scene description has me pretty pumped.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jv565 View Post
    Certainly leaves you pumped.

Why does this movie have a 250 million budget? Is it just Covid or have they just gone insane???
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Why does this movie have a 250 million budget? Is it just Covid or have they just gone insane???
    Pretty sure Disney is doing Hollywood accounting. No way Green screening cost this much

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    What bothered me first was the running time, I liked a bunch of Gorr and Jane Fosthor comics but from what I've heard adapting both into one movie didn't quite work out.
    That was a big red flag with so many characters

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    That was a big red flag with so many characters
    But there aren't that many characters. The main ones are Thor, Jane, Korg, Valkyrie and Gorr. The rest are either just cameos or there briefly to service the plot. But those main 5 are the ones all the way through the film.

Sounds like a solid movie to me.

I have a question:

spoilers:
    Who is playing Hercules and Eternity?
    end of spoilers

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Jv565 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Certainly leaves you pumped.
    Disappointed in the almost zero audible reaction in my theater.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Just got out from seeing it. Mixed feelings. I prefer this over Ragnarok, I think it's a bit more balanced and focused narratively than that film. However there is still an issue with getting the level of humour right.

Will do a full spoiler post later but a few points

spoilers:

• Gorr's origin opens the film.

• Darcy and Selvig are back briefly.

• So is Damon, O'neill and Luke Hewmsworth for another performance. This time reenacting the events of Ragnarok with Melissa McCarthy as Hela.

• Guardians are in it for 10 minutes tops.

• Sif returns. She is the one who calls Thor for help and alerts him about Gorr. She has fought him before Thor finds her. She loses her arm, but she is taken to New Asgard for treatment. So Sif fans can rest easy. She doesn't die.

• Gorr himself is made more sympathetic here.

• Jane gets Moljnir after going to New Asgard looking for a way to treat her cancer. Because Thor once told Mojlnir to protect Jane, it became an oath on it. So it reforms when she is near it. So her being able to wield it is due to being both worthy and magic.

• Gorr attacks New Asgard. But when he is repelled, he takes all the children in the town and holds them hostage in the shadow realm to lure Thor to him.

• Val, Korg, Thor and Jane head to Omnipotence City to try and recruit a team of gods. But the gods wish to have no part and want to hide away until Gorr naturally dies. They accept the few gods slain as acceptable as they were lower level.

• Zeus is portrayed with more like Con The Fruiterer (look it up. It's a comedy character here in Australia). When he refuses to help, Thor asks to borrow the Lightning Bolt. Which he also refuses.

• Zeus almost kills Korg with his Lighting Bolt. He attacks Thor who catches it and uses it to spear Zeus in the chest.

• Thor takes the Lightning bolt and they head to the shadow realm (The film fades into monochrome for this). But when they get there it is a trap. Gorr wishes to use Stormbreaker to use the Bifrost to get to the gates of Eternity.

• Gorr wishes to get Eternity to make a wish to wipe out all the gods at once. Valkyrie is wounded and they are forced to retreat. Not before Gorr gets Stormbreaker.

• Thor and Jane rekindle their romance. So those who hated that will be disappointed. He tells Jane not to use Moljnir again as it is draining her strength and ability to fight her cancer.

• Thor heads to the gates of Eternity alone using the Lightning Bolt. He rescues the children of Asgard and lends them his power so they all can use the power of Thor. They help him fight Gorr's shadow creatures.

• Gorr and Thor fight again. This time Gorr gets the upper hand and overpowers him. Jane can sense this and picks up Moljnir again and goes to help him. Saving him before Gorr can kill him.

• Both fight Gorr and manage to break the Necrosword. But it's too late, the gates are open and Gorr enters to face Eternity. Both Jane and Thor follow him.

• The fight has left Jane weak. Thor appeals to Gorr. Saying it's not revenge he seeks, but love. He tells Gorr he has won and that he intends to spend his last moments with a dying Jane.

• Gorr remembers his daughter. But is fearful if he wishes her back, she will be alone. Jane says she won't. So he asks Eternity to bring her back. She is reborn from eternity. Gorr dies.

• Jane succumbs and dies.

• The film ends with Thor living with Gorr's daughter who he was decided to take as his own. They travel around to all the planet's whose gods Gorr killed to protect their people.

End Credits

• Zeus is being tended too and laments that Thor was right. The Gods have become a joke and now everybody turns to the sky praying to superheroes. That it is time for people to be reminded. At this point we are introduced to Hercules. Who Zeus tasks with reminding the people of Earth about Gods and heroes.

• Jane enters Valhalla. Heimdall welcomes her, thanks her for rescuing his son and says she is welcome to join the halls as a fellow god.

• Thor will return is shown at the end of the credits.
    end of spoilers
    That doesn't sound like spoilers:
    Valkyrie
    end of spoilers gets a lot of spotlight
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Valkyrie
    spoilers:
    Unfortunately not. She has basically no character arc in this. She joins to fight and then later leaves and that's pretty much it.
    end of spoilers
    "This is me being reasonable"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Sounds like a solid movie to me.

I have a question:

spoilers:
    Who is playing Hercules and Eternity?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Eternity doesn't speak and is CGI. Hercules is played by Brett Goldstein.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Valkyrie
    The film is mostly spoilers:
    Thor, Jane and Gorr's story. Valkyrie is there for about 60 or 70 minutes of the story. But she is mostly just supporting.
    end of spoilers