Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    My theory atm is that they’ll strongly hint that Valkyrie and Mighty Thor are going to be an item so as to piss off the Thor and Jane fans, only to bring back Sif to have her get together with Valkyrie instead so that the two Thors can get back together.
    Rumors suggest that

spoilers:
    Valkyrie's girlfriend is actually going to end up being Captain Marvel. Go Carol.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Rumors suggest that

spoilers:
    Valkyrie's girlfriend is actually going to end up being Captain Marvel. Go Carol.
    end of spoilers
    Might it be kinda tricky, spoilers:
    since the characters are part of different sub-franchises?

Was personally rooting for Valkyrie and Jane, but that's me.
    end of spoilers
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Sounds random and with probably no build up either way, but whatever.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Might it be kinda tricky, spoilers:
    since the characters are part of different sub-franchises?

Was personally rooting for Valkyrie and Jane, but that's me.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Sif honestly makes more sense since she pinned for Thor previously and might find happiness more with Valkyrie. Plus it’s kinda mean to break up two Marvel couples back to back after Strange and Christine. Captain Marvel would just be bending to the twitter mob like Doctor Who did with Thasmin and not go anywhere.
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member

This movie is about Lady thor...Thor is a prop to get various streams of audiences to come see it... that has been the formula now especially in the tv series ...use a popular male protagonist but center the story around the female lead. Im all for pushing stories about women heroes/villians but it doesn't have to be at the expense of a story of the male hero. The Gor story comics wise is about thor...

Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    This movie is about Lady thor...Thor is a prop to get various streams of audiences to come see it... that has been the formula now especially in the tv series ...use a popular male protagonist but center the story around the female lead. Im all for pushing stories about women heroes/villians but it doesn't have to be at the expense of a story of the male hero. The Gor story comics wise is about thor...
    This has most definitely not been the case with the TV shows. And nothing about the trailer or what's been said implies this is Jane's film. In fact, it looks like the complete opposite.

I'm tired of these fictional male heroes being put out of work by these ladies!

I mean, to be honest, it's not like there isn't a precedent set by how the comics actually handled Jane but I haven't seen concrete indication they're going to go in that direction with this movie.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    This has most definitely not been the case with the TV shows. And nothing about the trailer or what's been said implies this is Jane's film. In fact, it looks like the complete opposite.
    Loki...hawkeye...moonknight... same fomula...none of those shows were about the title character....

Fantastic Member

The fact is people went good stories that don't fall into formulaic patterns ...you cant tell me since end game marvel hasnt fallen off a bit in terms of quality and writing...

Loki...hawkeye...moonknight... same fomula...none of those shows were about the title character....
    They definitely were, and Layla in MK was barely a character.

The fact is people went good stories that don't fall into formulaic patterns ...you cant tell me since end game marvel hasnt fallen off a bit in terms of quality and writing...
    I think the MCU's storytelling has been dogshit since the Disney acquisition, but I wouldn't agree there's some "feminist agenda" or whatever you're alluding to

They all were, literally. 2 of them had co-leads but to claim any of them were sidelined for the female character is just blatantly false. Especially Moon Knight lol

Ultimate Member

Are you sure you watched Moon Knight?

Or even Loki for that matter?

Seeing the She-Hulk trailer makes me wonder if Jane will stick around long enough to diss Jen's name .

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Rumors suggest that

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Of course it is

The God Butcher/God Bomb Saga were my absolute favorite Thor Stories. It took everything Thor had (and two other Thors) to stop Gorr. The story was borderline horror when you look at the atrocities Gorr did.

But sure, let's put something like that aside to play second fiddle to hype up strong Female Thor and 'The Message'
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 05-18-2022 at 06:14 PM.