Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I definitely don’t think they should get rid of Gorr’s origin - it’s very humanising for someone to go after the gods because they weren’t helping the people who worship them. I reckon it’s part of what made Gorr a great character in the story and in the audience’s eye. I can’t see a better origin for him becoming the God Butcher honestly

Also I’m sure we’ll get more than Olympus and the Greek Pantheon - I’d love it if we had scenes of Thor visiting the Library of the Gods and meeting Shadrach etc. I doubt they will, but honestly God-Butcher/God Bomb could have been lifted almost straight from page to film and it would have been perfect
    It's part of why I'm suspect of how they're going to handle Gorr here considering how you never know how deep they're going to go with MCU movie villains.

Is Darcy in this movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Well, either that or No Way Home where Strange is the lead, and the Peter Parke-esque character is America. Or somehow both (Loki show AND No Way Home)/
    I don't think it will be anything like NWH. Loki and Dr Strange 2 are both written by the same guy.

The formula is pretty obvious so far:

Dr Strange = Loki
    Wong = Morbius
    America Chavez = Sylvie but when she was just a kid on the run
    Wanda = Also Sylvie but adult and more villainous
    Illumanti = TVA
    Professor Xavier = Classic Loki both played by a respected British actor. The biggest highlight of the show.

Seeing Thor Love & Thunder's trailer has made me realize how much my enthusiasm for MoM has dimmed. Thor is in his element going on grand cosmic adventures, flying with goats, multiple pantheons but with core emotional heart. In comparison, Dr Strange, the mystic looks like he fell into a sci fi movie, it looks like a soulless with cool cameos being the main selling point. Not to mention the rumors of them villainizing Wanda. Maybe I'm wrong but that's been my impression of the two movies from all the promotional material released so far.

Not many options then. "Because I feel like it" is boring and I don't see Waititi doing that. IF it's Ragnarok 2.0, they'll probably go with Gorr is the bastard child of Zeus that wants revenge for being cast aside by daddy. Gorr = Hela, Zeus = Odin. Could explain why he has the ability to kill gods, too.
    I hope they come up with something new. Hela's backstory was nothing like her comic book version either.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thor has become the "whatever the movie needs me to be" kind of character .
    That's basically every MCU character. Thor's arc has continuity from movie to movie.

That's basically Gorr's origin in the comics. I'm not sure if they'll handle him at all like the comics though or how deep his hate for Gods goes here.
    I'm hoping Bale channels some American Psycho into this iteration of Gorr.

I definitely don’t think they should get rid of Gorr’s origin - it’s very humanising for someone to go after the gods because they weren’t helping the people who worship them. I reckon it’s part of what made Gorr a great character in the story and in the audience’s eye. I can’t see a better origin for him becoming the God Butcher honestly

Also I’m sure we’ll get more than Olympus and the Greek Pantheon - I’d love it if we had scenes of Thor visiting the Library of the Gods and meeting Shadrach etc. I doubt they will, but honestly God-Butcher/God Bomb could have been lifted almost straight from page to film and it would have been perfect
    True, it makes sense but when it comes to movies, dead wife and child is the most overused backstory to the point where I don't think audiences are numb to it.

I just hope there is more to the character and his motivations. I suspect a big part of the story is going to be how Gorr got the power to slay the Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Is Darcy in this movie?
    Not confirmed.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Is Darcy in this movie?
    I think at the very least they'll reference her and Selvig.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Seeing Thor Love & Thunder's trailer has made me realize how much my enthusiasm for MoM has dimmed. Thor is in his element going on grand cosmic adventures, flying with goats, multiple pantheons but with core emotional heart. In comparison, Dr Strange, the mystic looks like he fell into a sci fi movie, it looks like a soulless with cool cameos being the main selling point. Not to mention the rumors of them villainizing Wanda. Maybe I'm wrong but that's been my impression of the two movies from all the promotional material released so far.
    I think that only extends to the Illuminati stuff, everything looks as mind-bending and insane like you would expect from a Dr. Strange movie. But I am worried about Wanda.
    I hope they come up with something new. Hela's backstory was nothing like her comic book version either.
    And they didn't do much with it.
    That's basically every MCU character. Thor's arc has continuity from movie to movie.
    In terms of following up on each other but the characterization and endpoint for his characters seems to change movie-by-movie.
    I'm hoping Bale channels some American Psycho into this iteration of Gorr.
    Could be interesting!
    True, it makes sense but when it comes to movies, dead wife and child is the most overused backstory to the point where I don't think audiences are numb to it.

I just hope there is more to the character and his motivations. I suspect a big part of the story is going to be how Gorr got the power to slay the Gods.
    I wonder if this will go full Jason Aaron "All Gods are awful, the only good Gods are the human Gods."

It's part of why I'm suspect of how they're going to handle Gorr here considering how you never know how deep they're going to go with MCU movie villains.
    I think they’ll keep to the comic origin, they didn’t shy away from Zemo, Wen Wu, Thanos, Killmonger etc about their families being killed. To what extent is another story, but I have faith in Waititi

I think they’ll keep to the comic origin, they didn’t shy away from Zemo, Wen Wu, Thanos, Killmonger etc about their families being killed. To what extent is another story, but I have faith in Waititi
    I only feel like, looking back, Hela was kind of a shallow villain enriched by Cate Blanchett going as hammy as possible so it really just depends on what the focus is.

Like for everybody but Zemo in the context of Civil War those villains were almost as much focused on as the protagonists, which I don't think will be true for Gorr here.

Gorr is a typical post Gen-X, blaming Boomers for everything wrong in society. Can't wait for Boomer Thor to beat his butt.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Is Darcy in this movie?
    Dear God I hope not.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

I only feel like, looking back, Hela was kind of a shallow villain enriched by Cate Blanchett going as hammy as possible so it really just depends on what the focus is.

Like for everybody but Zemo in the context of Civil War those villains were almost as much focused on as the protagonists, which I don't think will be true for Gorr here.
    We’ll see, but I imagine they’re keeping him out of the marketing so far for a reason - and Waititi wrote this story from top to bottom (as opposed to jumping in after a few scripts from other writers), so I think we’ll have more Gorr than we did Hela. He’s talked a lot about the emotion in this film, and I think that would feasibly come from two places - Jane’s cancer, and Gorr’s motivations, so we’ll see

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Gorr is a typical post Gen-X, blaming Boomers for everything wrong in society. Can't wait for Boomer Thor to beat his butt.
    Or alternatively it’s an extremist Gorr complaining the gods are too woke now because they aren’t like the Old Testament lmao

Arrow

I'm not going to lie; the only reason I care about this movie is so I can snag a Titan Hero Jane Foster Thor for my collection (along with any new Jane-Thore Funko they issue). The movie itself doesn't look all that interesting to me.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Or alternatively it’s an extremist Gorr complaining the gods are too woke now because they aren’t like the Old Testament lmao
    Maybe Gorr is noobmaster69
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Maybe Gorr is noobmaster69
    That’d be amazing. Show that scene again, then cut to Bale throwing his headset down in disgust. Go into a Patrick Bateman training montage with skipping, log chopping, running with a heavy backpack, exfoliation routine, etc until finally he steps in front of a mirror and he’s Gorr, The God Butcher now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I am really at a loss on this one. They are not suppose to use Rock songs for trailers because they are rock songs and some people don't like rock songs? I mean are they suppose to use Jazz or Country or something? Or just no songs? Some of this stuff blow my mind.
    I suppose Castle is trying to make the argument that superhero films are becoming too reliant on rock songs in their trailers when it should be the footage itself that sells it. That it's a gimmick that's becoming too associated with superhero films and is stereotyping as a result.

In saying that, trailers have used popular songs for ages. It isn't confined to superhero films. It's just another means of advertising/marketing is all.

Is Darcy in this movie?
    Hela killed Darcy offscreen between killing the Warriors Three.