Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Man View Post
    People were afraid of a Jane Foster movie? I was praying for it and I'm a little --upset? because it seems very Odinson-centric.
    I enjoyed Jane Thor, and looking forward to her big screen debut but if this is Chris Hemsworth's last move( I know he said he is willing to do more) I hope its a Thor-centric film.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I found the trailer to be meh. I'll need to see more.

God Butcher/Bomb was actually my favorite Thor Story. However, I found the Jane Thor Story that continued after the Butcher was one of the worst. I read that Jane's Story got better after her first arc but I didn't continue.

I still wish they'd keep this all separate. (Also doesn't help I really don't like Portman and Bale)

BANNED

Considering the first director for Thor, Kenneth Branagh is coming off a big success, with his Oscar Winning Belfast, I am forever forced to always look at Thor as an example of What if. What If Marvel evolved artistically from phase 1.

Usually the concept of Trailers now have become repetitive. I was one of the few that was not blown away by any of The Batman trailers but ended up liking the movie more than the trailers. I have to say this Thor trailer is pretty meh, its looks quite bad actually if I am been an honest tough judge today.

First of all, why does it also look like an extension of Ms Marvel, which I did not mind because there was context for Ms Marvel. It must be due to the over done multicolours of this trailer that comes off very out of place because we are dealing with adult characters here. The trailers gives me the Marvel movies are theme park Martin Scorsese vibe in the biggest way yet.

Additionally, is this a Thor movie or a GOTG movie? there is supposed to be a GOTG 3, and GOTG are pretty much a well established IP now, they don't need any help from another IP, this is not Eternals referencing Avengers for promotion. this trailer blurs the line of both IPs in a way that makes MCU look like a company that is now very addicted to a formula they created and are supposed to have control over, not letting it control them.

MCU cannot do stand alone films anymore and this trailer shows it in the most damaging of ways because it is making marvel look like a small universe, feels very repetitive not to mention it again questions their creative mindset because James Gunn and Taika Waititi would have had to be checking in on eachother in a manner that should not be necessary.

Lastly the overall film approach is just more of the same we have seen before. Bright colours, jokes, big action set pieces, standard MCU cinemathogprhay, rock music at the background, quips. Sigh....Kenneth Branagh never having the chance to harness the franchise and particular IP is forever one of the biggest disappointments in the genre.
    Last edited by Castle; 04-19-2022 at 01:00 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The Guardians being in makes me look forward to this movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Different vibe as it is turning me off. As a person who experiences superhero exhaustion and did not end up seeing Mobius. I may end up not watching this film, but that is yet to see, since I have to watch movies for general commentary in my own personal and professional sense.

Although I think this has settled the argument that Thor Ragnarok just remade the first GOTG after the meh reception of Thor the dark world. There is no other explanation why it now looks like GOTG and Thor are now joined together.

The only thing that now really weirds me out is that, I cannot buy X-Men is meant to exist in this universe convincely. it is a lot easier to buy superman from man of steel existing in the Nolan batman universe and that is hard.
    Last edited by Castle; 04-19-2022 at 01:01 AM.

Left me a little flat initial but after a subsequent rewatch I really love it. The humour is still there, it's a different vibe but one very focused on our lead. And was very surprised to see just how much of Jason and Esad's run made it direct to the screen. Plus Thor's new costume looks so much better in motion. I was already a fan previously but it looks even better in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    And the surviving Asgardians take up residence in Olympus, make it New New Asgard?
    Seems like they've already brought their ships back but I want more fantasy in my Asgard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    1. Thor questioning himself, the film seem to following the God Butcher arc in some form.
    And it fits the meta-narrative of MCU!Thor being all over the place.
    2. That giant dead god was lifted straight out of Aaron's run. I hope Esad Ribic gets some credit at the end of the film, it was one of the more awesome panels in the arc.
    Agreed.
    4. People were afraid the movie will be a Jane Foster movie but it looks like a very, very Thor-centric film.
    The poster also had a "the one and only" on it so I don't think Jane is going to outshine/overshadow or replace Thor like she did in the comics.
    5. Why didn't we get to see Bale's Gorr?? I hope he isn't wasted like Christopher Ecclestone in Thor 2. Bale is one of the better actors working today and I would love to see what he does with the character.
    I'm kind of worried about Gorr from a design/characterization standpoint in this movie. Although I don't think Bale would've signed on if there wasn't at least a little meat there.
    People were afraid of a Jane Foster movie? I was praying for it and I'm a little --upset? because it seems very Odinson-centric.
    I think this just about sums up the fan division with Jane Foster and Thor fans .
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Curious how much of a setup the Greek Gods are for perhaps an eventual Hercules film or at least him joining the Avengers for when Chris Hemms is done playing Thor.
    I hope they address Hercules.
    I will kind of be surprised if they're in more than just that scene of them in the trailer (which is probably from the beginning of the movie).
    Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Left me a little flat initial but after a subsequent rewatch I really love it. The humour is still there, it's a different vibe but one very focused on our lead. And was very surprised to see just how much of Jason and Esad's run made it direct to the screen. Plus Thor's new costume looks so much better in motion. I was already a fan previously but it looks even better in action.
    I wanted to see more of that classic Thor suit with the helmet in the growing up montage.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I will kind of be surprised if they're in more than just that scene of them in the trailer (which is probably from the beginning of the movie).
    I think they will be the supporting cast of the movie. I mean, who does Thor really have at this point? Korg and maybe Valkyrie. Slf is still MIA

I think they will be the supporting cast of the movie. I mean, who does Thor really have at this point? Korg and maybe Valkyrie. Slf is still MIA
    It seems like after leaving the Guardians Thor only has Korg with him when he goes on his soul-searching quest and they realize Gorr is hunting down Gods.

Valkyrie seems bored with being ruler and probably is itching for an adventure (and maybe finding a queen).

I'm curious to see how Jane enters into the picture.

Thor has pretty much taken the role of Hercules in the MCU, as well as his own role. But there's room for one more humorous god, so bring on Hercules, I say!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Additionally, is this a Thor movie or a GOTG movie? there is supposed to be a GOTG 3, and GOTG are pretty much a well established IP now, they don't need any help from another IP, this is not Eternals referencing Avengers for promotion. this trailers just blurs the line of both IPs in a way that makes MCU look like a company that is now very addicted to a formula they created and are supposed to have control over, not letting it control them.

MCU cannot do stand alone films anymore and this trailer shows it in the most damaging of ways because it is making marvel look like a small universe, feels very repetitive not to mention it again questions their creative mindset because James Gunn and Taika Waititi would have had to be checking each on eachother in a manner that should not be necessary.

Lastly the overall film approach is just more of the same we have seen before. Bright colours, jokes, big action set pieces, standard MCU cinemathogprhay, rock music at the background, quips. Sigh....Kenneth Branagh never having the chance to harness the franchise and particular IP is forever one of the biggest disappointments in the genre.
    Are you really surprised to see the Guardians in this? The last time we saw Thor he was leaving Earth to go with the GOTG. This movie logically picks up from there but don’t worry I don’t think they will be in it very long. From the teaser looks like he gets back in shape does a mission or two with them and then decides he’s done with that life and leaves them to find himself.

As for this being “more of the same”. I find that an odd criticism for the sequel to a very successful movie. You don’t change everything that worked in the first movie when you do the sequel. You only do that if the previous movie didn’t work like they did with Dark World.

Audiences loved Ragnarok so Marvel is giving them more of what they loved in Love and Thunder. If you want something new and different there is always Eternals.

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    Are you really surprised to see the Guardians in this? The last time we saw Thor he was leaving Earth to go with the GOTG. This movie logically picks up from there but don’t worry I don’t think they will be in it very long. From the teaser looks like he gets back in shape does a mission or two with them and then decides he’s done with that life and leaves them to find himself.

As for this being “more of the same”. I find that an odd criticism for the sequel to a very successful movie. You don’t change everything that worked in the first movie when you do the sequel. You only do that if the previous movie didn’t work like they did with Dark World.

Audiences loved Ragnarok so Marvel is giving them more of what they loved in Love and Thunder. If you want something new and different there is always Eternals.
    I kinda get what Castle is talking about (and agree with almost none of it, of course). But it does help me contextualize what I was feeling about this trailer.

It didn't feel like a Thor trailer. It felt like a GotG trailer, complete with an older rock song in the background. Don't get me wrong- I was expecting them to be in the movie, and I'm always happy to see them. And I don't think they will be around for too long- probably just the opening, and maybe they'll come back for the final battle. And I guess that they did what they did with Endgame- the trailer probably focuses on the first few minutes of the movie, with only a couple of random scenes from later thrown in. That way, they can try and minimalize spoilers.

My big issue, though, is that I want a Lady Thor movie. Hemsworth has had his films, plus the Avengers films; I kind of wanted him to have more of a supporting role in this. Maybe he does- we probably won't know until July.

Niffleheim

The cynical part of me was like how many times do you need to find yourself you spoiled brat that finds every opportunity to escape responsibility THEN I calmed myself and whispered a little prayer - I hope I at least like this like I love Ragnarok.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Jane Thor looks kinda silly...

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    The cynical part of me was like how many times do you need to find yourself you spoiled brat that finds every opportunity to escape responsibility THEN I calmed myself and whispered a little prayer - I hope I at least like this like I love Ragnarok.
    It feels kind of gratifying that Valkyrie seems as satisfied being "king" as Thor was .