Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Considering the first director for Thor, Kenneth Branagh is coming off a big success, with his Oscar Winning Belfast, I am forever forced to always look at Thor as an example of What if. What If Marvel evolved artistically from phase 1.
    Yeah, one has to wonder what would have been if this movie were helmed by an Oscar winner. Wait, only someone who has no clue what they are talking about would wonder about that, as others would know that the director of this movie is as much an Oscar winner as Kenneth Branagh.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I wonder how long it is going to take before social media blows up with protests like "Jane can't call herself Thor, it's a name not a title!" Which became a hotly debated thread at the Marvel forum.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

It looks as bad as Ragnarok with much worse music. Ah, well.
    Sounds perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    It looks as bad as Ragnarok with much worse music. Ah, well.
    Ragnarok was the best of the 3 movies ya it did feel more like a GOG movie but it's still pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I wonder how long it is going to take before social media blows up with protests like "Jane can't call herself Thor, it's a name not a title!" Which became a hotly debated thread at the Marvel forum.
    Well, it really depends on how they handle it.

Like, in the comics she literally transformed into Thor. She took his personality, his speech patterns, his powers, every single thing. She was basically a straight-up gender flip aside from her internal narration which was still Jane Foster.

I also don't think MCU Thor has the same issues with his name that he did in the comics.

But Jason Aaron's attempt to try to make Thor a title instead of a name was more of "don't overthink it and just accept it" kind of plot development in my opinion, which got even more clunky when he let Thor be Thor again. God of Thunder is more of a title than a characters' actual name.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Make MCU Jane thunderstrike. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Man View Post
    People were afraid of a Jane Foster movie? I was praying for it and I'm a little --upset? because it seems very Odinson-centric.
    That's what I thought too. My hope is that, with each succeeding trailer, Jane will emerge more and more as an equal character or even the main character.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    That's what I thought too. My hope is that, with each succeeding trailer, Jane will emerge more and more as an equal character or even the main character.
    Natalie Portman was horrible in the Thor movies though.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I couldn't tell by her acting. Though she apparently decided to stop doing them due to what she considered the quality. I've heard she was quite impressed with this script though.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Yeah, one has to wonder what would have been if this movie were helmed by an Oscar winner. Wait, only someone who has no clue what they are talking about would wonder about that, as others would know that the director of this movie is as much an Oscar winner as Kenneth Branagh.
    Lol I’m dead.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Portman can be a good actor when she wants to be. I was surprised when she was cast as Jane in the first place, because I figured after Star Wars, the last thing she'd want to do is tie herself to a franchise. Which proved to be accurate when, if I remember correctly, she tried to get out of The Dark World, and Marvel had to enforce her contract. But it does seem like she wants to be here this time.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 04-19-2022 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Portman can be a good actor when she wants to be. I was surprised when she was cast as Jane in the first place, because I figured after Star Wars, the last thing she'd want to do is tie herself to a franchise. Which proved to be accurate when, if I remember correctly, she tried to get out of The Dark World, and Marvel had to enforce her contract. But it does seem like she wants to be here this time.
    She's good in just about everything else just not Thor.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 04-19-2022 at 08:36 AM.

Looks cool enough. Liked Ragnarok, so I'm up for more. Kind of agree with the users who were hoping for more focus on Jane; am really curious about how that's going to go. Kinda rooting for a Jane/Valkyrie romance but not sure that's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    MCU cannot do stand alone films anymore and this trailer shows it...
    Let's see, going from Infinity War on (the first half of the mega big crossover story), six -- Ant-Man and the Wasp, Captain Marvel, Spider-Man: Far From Home, Black Widow, Shang-Chi, and Eternals -- have been standalone. Heck, the only recent crossover ones have been Infinity War/Endgame and Spider-Man: No Way Home, and only the Spider-Man one was unique, since the point of Avengers movies is the crossover.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

"I need to figure out exactly who I am"

I'm looking forward to Thor finding out who he is in this movie...

Just like in the first Thor movie....

And the second Thor movie...

And the third Thor movie...

And Avengers Endgame!
    Last edited by Anthony W; 04-19-2022 at 01:14 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I kinda get what Castle is talking about (and agree with almost none of it, of course). But it does help me contextualize what I was feeling about this trailer.
    Thanks that I can help with POV and contextualization, however I get this is a comic film and it is always very fan driven in thought.
    It didn't feel like a Thor trailer. It felt like a GotG trailer, complete with an older rock song in the background. Don't get me wrong- I was expecting them to be in the movie, and I'm always happy to see them. And I don't think they will be around for too long- probably just the opening, and maybe they'll come back for the final battle. And I guess that they did what they did with Endgame- the trailer probably focuses on the first few minutes of the movie, with only a couple of random scenes from later thrown in. That way, they can try and minimalize spoilers.
    The rock song is the cringe of the trailer. We have gone from Shakespare set in Thor 1 to Rock songs. Rock songs may have been good for the GOTG thing, but not too much for Thor, if marvel had other ideas, instead of usually copying and pasting from eachother. Additionally, you are easily predicting the story plot. I see this as the subconsciousness of what we say about these movies. if you have seen one, you have seen it all.

My big issue, though, is that I want a Lady Thor movie. Hemsworth has had his films, plus the Avengers films; I kind of wanted him to have more of a supporting role in this. Maybe he does- we probably won't know until July.
    Natalie Portman was never a fan favourite in this movies. She is trying to get back to the good graces here after her phoned in performance in Thor 2. Maybe it is best to first see her in a featured movie of thor before she gets her own lady Thor movie.
    Last edited by Castle; 04-19-2022 at 01:33 AM.