Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Eternals was not stand alone. they marketed the movie based on the back of Avengers and they had to spend time trying to explain how they never interfered when Thanos showed up. Shang Chi dropped all sort of unnecessary MCU reference and the movie looks just like this one. the same over done colourful appearance with obvious cgi. No Way Home is hardly stand alone, Dr Strange now seem to be hyped by the leftovers from Fox. I trust the rumours of Namor been in Black Panther 2 will turn out correct soon.

When I say stand alone, I mean The Batman kind of stand alone. this is what marvel needs now both in film making and story even if they are still part of a connected universe, the comics does not feature other crossovers at a rate of 90% like their movies does. Think Logan.

I always say the class should have graduated by now after Endgame but Disney seem to want to keep them in prep school forever, reason they cant let them stand on their own two feet without needing help. Thor does not need help from GOTG, to make him interesting or to put people in sits to make money. just even from the fact that he was an original member of Avengers. Not to mention his Norse mythology is rich. there is a lot of things to explore in his own universe. Every GOTG appearance here, feels like it is shrinking it and causing unnecessary distraction.

One of the trademarks and frankly coolest things about the MCU is that is all connected and characters exist in the same world. Characters have had solo films and dealt with their own issues which I think is good enough. Are you saying you want a Spider Man movie but with no references to the Avengers or other heroes in the MCU? In that regards I think they are heading in that direction given the ending of No Way Home. Black Widow was a good stand alone MCU movie and Moon Knight is pretty disconnected from the overall MCU as well ( for now).

I would wait until the final movie comes out before making judgements about The Guardians involvement in Love and Thunder. It could very well be 5-10 of screen time with them in it ( similar to Iron Man in Spider Man Homecoming or Dr.Strange in No Way Home. Their involvement with Thor in the MCU just stems from his encounters with them in Infinity War and him leaving with them in Endgame. The Guardians have their own third movie coming next year. They also have a Disney Plus Holiday Special coming this year that sets up Guardians 3.

Astonishing Member

Now we are complaining about Rock songs in trailers. Sigh. The song works just fine. WTF.

Seems to me lots of people seem to know what marvel should be doing except Marvel who is actually doing it. And has made 25 freaking movies and god knows how many tv shows that have been hits.
    Last edited by inisideguy; 04-19-2022 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Now we are complaining about Rock songs in trailers. Sigh. The song works just fine. WTF.

Seems to me lots of people seem to know what marvel should be doing except Marvel who is actually doing it. And has made 25 freaking movies and god knows how many tv shows that have been hits.
    I mean, no one is arguing against their success, but that doesn't mean we can't criticize or have differing opinions on their creative decisions.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, no one is arguing against their success, but that doesn't mean we can't criticize or have differing opinions on their creative decisions.

People can have opinions but when ones opinions are always critical of the product then why the heck are people even bothering to watch? I mean if I always hate something ( and I am not saying you) then why the heck am I even bothering with the product. Its like if I buy a shaving cream and when I use it it gives me a rash I'm not going to go buy it again. If it doesnt give anyone else a rash then for cripes sake Im not going to cry. I will find another shaving cream.

Example I tried to watch Peacemaker- I didn't like it. Many people do. I don't go on and rant about Peacemaker 24-7. I accept its not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    People can have opinions but when ones opinions are always critical of the product then why the heck are people even bothering to watch? I mean if I always hate something ( and I am not saying you) then why the heck am I even bothering with the product. Its like if I buy a shaving cream and when I use it it gives me a rash I'm not going to go buy it again. If it doesnt give anyone else a rash then for cripes sake Im not going to cry. I will find another shaving cream.

Example I tried to watch Peacemaker- I didn't like it. Many people do. I don't go on and rant about Peacemaker 24-7. I accept its not for me.
    Personally I'm a Thor fan. I'm an avid watcher of the MCU even when I disagree with certain creative choices. So I still feel like commenting/discussing it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Personally I'm a Thor fan. I'm an avid watcher of the MCU even when I disagree with certain creative choices. So I still feel like commenting/discussing it.

Thats fine by me. Like I said I'm not saying you.

Astonishing Member

I will say the movie looks like a blast. And I am sure it will do very well. You mix Thor in with the Guardians and Olympus and you have gold.

Astonishing Member

GOTG will probably be in the first 10-15 minutes and when Thor and Korg take off won't be there for the rest of the movie. I don't know why anyone would assume they are going to play a big part for the film.

Most Marvel and DC comics have interaction with other characters. I don't really see what the big deal is with having a shared universe onscreen. The films are just aping the comics. I do hope they don't plan to rely on the concept of Multi-verses too much.

Comics have a long tradition now of using pop culture references in them to the point where you can practically get to know popular culture of a particular era by reading comics from that particular era, for the references, styles, etc. The whole point of a comic (the mainstream ones) is to capture cultural zeitgeist and sell comics.

Sweet Child of Mine is a great song and Slash is a great and underrated guitarist. Wonder how much they had to pay for use of that song.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 04-19-2022 at 11:34 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Honestly, the mental gymnastics some people will go through instead of just accepting that lots of other people like a thing that they do not like. There’s space in this world for more than one opinion, guys.

...aaaaand that's the last post I want to see that's not about the thread topic. This is a place to discuss Thor: Love and Thunder, not each other.

The teaser was fun, looking forward to it.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    He seems afraid of it.
    Some of these guys need to spend time with their therapists.

The fear of women seems rather irrational.

Although, a lot of these guys are just doing it for clicks.

One thing Taika Waititi will do is add some good rock songs to the soundtrack.

Lmao that Thor and Star Lord moment. Is Taika gonna give Star Lord his first romance with a guy before the comics do ?

I was expecting the movie to be about Lady Thor but it seems it's still Thor-centric.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

RE: rock songs in trailers...I feel like this was an "issue" in the Morbius thread, too. The Batman had a "rock song" in it's first trailer. I don't remember anyone here hating on that (although I didn't pay attention to that thread as much).

Here's a list of other movies that used "rock songs" (albeit covers) in their trailers:

https://ew.com/movies/2018/01/27/mov...-songs-ranked/

Here's another list with some of the same movies, but some more:

https://www.fandom.com/articles/10-k...-movie-trailer

Oh, here's another link with an "over used" song list:

https://www.shortlist.com/news/overused-trailer-songs

It's not a travesty for Marvel/Disney to use "rock songs" in their trailers.

Oh gosh...here's probably a great resource:

https://www.soundtrack.net/trailers/
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 04-19-2022 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    RE: rock songs in trailers...I feel like this was an "issue" in the Morbius thread, too. The Batman had a "rock song" in it's first trailer. I don't remember anyone here hating on that (although I didn't pay attention to that thread as much).

Here's a list of other movies that used "rock songs" (albeit covers) in their trailers:

https://ew.com/movies/2018/01/27/mov...-songs-ranked/

Here's another list with some of the same movies, but some more:

https://www.fandom.com/articles/10-k...-movie-trailer

Oh, here's another link with an "over used" song list:

https://www.shortlist.com/news/overused-trailer-songs

It's not a travesty for Marvel/Disney to use "rock songs" in their trailers.

Oh gosh...here's probably a great resource:

https://www.soundtrack.net/trailers/
    I didn't know people had a problem with rock songs in trailers. I thought it was just a case of directors from the same generation putting music they like in trailers.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?